• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ptmac3

ptmac3

Monza Gorilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:GPL, radio control airplanes, computers, politics, movies, cooking.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 23 2021 - 08:37 AM

I'm looking to upgrade my monitor. I'm thinking of a 4K, 3840 X 2160, 27-32 inch size. I'm wondering how GPL would look on that. I'm also wondering if my video card can handle it. I think so but I'm not really sure. My full PC specs are in my signature. Anyone have an experienced opinion/advice?

Thanks

#2 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Feb 23 2021 - 09:36 AM

I recently was experimenting with 4K on my system and started a thread about it.

http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=13927

You have a much stronger machine than I do and I would think you’ll be able to run 4K fairly well. Your GTX 980 Ti is rated to run 4K whereas my 1050 Ti is not. My problem was I couldn’t run 4K without vsync and that killed FPS stability at a lot of tracks.

#3 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Feb 23 2021 - 11:37 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that text will get much smaller on higher resolutions and with GPL you get problems when you enable scaling in Windows.

But your gpu should run it just fine and I bet it will look razor sharp.

Edited by Millennium, Feb 23 2021 - 11:37 AM.

#4 ptmac3

ptmac3

Monza Gorilla

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:GPL, radio control airplanes, computers, politics, movies, cooking.

Posted Feb 23 2021 - 05:25 PM

I read a review on the 980ti at https://www.techpowe...tx-980-ti.c2724 and a bunch of mixed opinions elsewhere, so know I'm thinking of skipping the 4k and getting this https://www.amazon.c...B07VP9GS1Q?th=1. I'm sure it will look nice. A little larger than I have and more resolution.

#5 MSMoney

MSMoney

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:GPL, NR2003, RF2, AC and ACC - Autocad and Computer Technology, Soccer and Formula 1 / Nascar / F1 / GT3
    Amy Winehouse

Posted Feb 24 2021 - 09:22 PM

I believe you would be more than pleased with that monitor. I currently run a 3440x1440 34" monitor but is zoomed in so much (default cockpit view) that I run it (GEM2) at 2560x1440 with black bar removal patch to see more of cockpit and not feel like I am on top of the dash.

Edited by MSMoney, Feb 24 2021 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links