• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Pearson

Jim Pearson

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Trackmaking, Bike Road Racing, Links Golf, Long Distance Walking.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 02:05 PM

37¾ mile Isle Of Man Mountain Course
for Grand Prix Legends

BUILD 1.1 ............Released 16th June 2019 + [  EDIT SMALL FIXES [see below ] ]

This new build contains all the Draw Distance modifications and other changes discussed
in the CTD Fix thread, plus a number of other refinements, outlined in the attached BUILD
1.1 [ Change Log ] document.

For those who downloaded the original release version before 14th June 2019, please
update to BUILD 1.1 by using  ONE of the two small update patches on the right hand side
of my downloads page here.

http://jrpearson.hom...MMCRelease.html

Simple instructions in the Zip.

FIX 1 ....I LEFT SOME ESSENTIAL SMALL 'OPTIONS MANAGER' FILES OUT OF BOTH UPDATE ZIPS...  SORRY -  THE UPDATE ZIPS DOWNLOADS HAVE NOW BEEN CORRECTED AND REPLACEMENTS SUBSTITUTED BY STEFAN AS AT 10 am CET SUNDAY 16 6 2019.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE ZIPS BEFORE THEN, THE ADDITIONAL FILES ARE ATTACHED BELOW .

FIX2 ......Bedstead Label mip was also not included. Add the Label.91 mip below to your AAIOM track folder for the correct spelling. Also uploaded to my site.

All new installs will be BUILD 1.1 from now on.

Enjoy!

Jim

Attached Files

Edited by Jim Pearson, Jun 16 2019 - 04:33 PM.

#2 JonnyA

JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 03:20 PM

Thanks Jim

#3 Pedro

Pedro

Pedro

• Supporter
  • 1,447 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Life

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Jim!

I will test it tomorrow.

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 04:02 PM

Ah Jim. Driving this course is an amazing experience. I've just downloaded the 1.1 update and taken it for a test drive with the 69x McLaren M7. The track sounds are back, the small number of structural glitches have been fixed, and if my memory serves me correctly, you've changed a few of the corner marker numbers too. That will help me to be a bit more cautious! I see in the release notes that there are a lot of other changes too, which don't really affect my experience directly. But you've obviously put a lot of effort into this over the last few days. Thanks for all your work. :up: :bowdown2:

(Edit: I think I mentioned previously that I had some problems getting through Governors' Dip with some of the larger cars, such as the GT mod Ferrari 330? I've been back and checked, and the problem is only with my car positioning. I've learned how to follow the correct line, and I've now done laps with the Ferrari 330, Mclaren M8F, and a couple of the '66 Can-Am cars, and when I'm properly careful, I don't have any collision problems.)

It's such an enjoyable experience to gradually learn the details of a course like this. On my initial laps, I was getting caught out at Bray Hill (the compression at the bottom), Union Mills, Joey's Lampost (I've climbed it so many times in the last few days!), Ballacraine, Ballig Bridge, Rhencullen, the entry to Quarry Bends (so frustrating when you know you've come in too fast and you're going to clip the bank on the right-hand side!), Kerrowmoar, Glentramman, Churchtown, Brandywell, and Governors' Dip. I was also having problems getting the line right through several of the fast turns/sections on the course - Ballagarey, Jefferies (and the two kinks just after that), Bottom of Barregarrow, and Verandah. But gradually, with practice, and referring back to your excellent track guide, I'm now about 95% certain where all the corners are on the course. For some reason, I'm still having problems with Glentramman, but I'm sure I'll find a marker that will get me to slow down properly for that too.

Ballig Bridge is a bit of an oddity. There's a corner marker showing a left arrow just before it, but when you reach it, there seems to be an open area of tarmac to the left. Is that a car park perhaps? Or a road junction? How many times have I got to that point and turned into the "car park" by mistake! :duh: :hysterical: :wall: Don't get me wrong - there's nothing wrong with the layout, or the signage. The corner marker must be a certain distance ahead of the corner, otherwise it's no use. It's just one of those geographical problems where drivers have to learn the course. All part of the fun! :D  There's a similar thing in the Churchtown area - a right-pointing corner marker, but the corner it refers to is after a 'Y' junction where you have to go left! So much fun!

It's just so satisfying when you start to iron out the kinks and manage to drive the corners neatly and (fairly) quickly. I'm sure I'm going to be addicted to improving my lap times for a long time to come.

Thanks again Jim for creating such an amazing and challenging experience for GPL. :clap2: :punk:

Edited by Saiph, Jun 15 2019 - 04:09 PM.

#5 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,032 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 05:16 PM

1000 thanks Jim :bowdown2:

can I leave the server as is or should I update it?

#6 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 06:09 PM

Thank you Jim once again, for your great dedication to making this awesome track accessible to everyone.  :up:

#7 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 06:23 PM

Many thanks, Jim.

#8 Jim Pearson

Jim Pearson

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 258 posts

Posted Jun 15 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostSaiph, on Jun 15 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Ah Jim. Driving this course is an amazing experience. I've just downloaded the 1.1 update .............................
......................................................................................................
Thanks again Jim for creating such an amazing and challenging experience for GPL. :clap2: :punk:

Thanks for the feedback Saiph.

Depending on the version you use FULL or LITE, you may not have the correct Options Manager exe or Pace Notes installed. See Mistake [ mine ] correction fix in the first post.

#9 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,298 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 16 2019 - 02:45 AM

View PostCookie, on Jun 15 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

can I leave the server as is or should I update it?

Use the "Server 3DO for Online Administrators" (it also includes a wide grid for safer race starts) from here:
http://jrpearson.hom...MMCRelease.html

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jun 16 2019 - 02:45 AM.

#10 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 16 2019 - 06:02 AM

View PostJim Pearson, on Jun 15 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback Saiph.

Depending on the version you use FULL or LITE, you may not have the correct Options Manager exe or Pace Notes installed. See Mistake [ mine ] correction fix in the first post.

Ah yes, there was no 'Options' subdirectory in the first .7Z archive posted. I've re-downloaded the 'full' update and fixed that now. Thanks. :thumbup:

Edited by Saiph, Jun 16 2019 - 06:07 AM.

#11 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jun 16 2019 - 09:41 AM

Jim, the LABEL91.mip was never changed from BEADSTEAD to the correct BEDSTEAD in the 'Location Names Turn On, sub-folder.

Here is the mip file changed with the proper characters.
Attached File  LABEL91.jpg   50.81K   21 downloads

EDIT:  File may be D/L from Post #1 and also from Jim's web site.

Edited by gliebzeit, Jun 18 2019 - 07:31 AM.

#12 Jim Pearson

Jim Pearson

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 258 posts

Posted Jun 16 2019 - 04:36 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Jun 16 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Jim, the LABEL91.mip was never changed from BEADSTEAD to the correct BEDSTEAD in the 'Location Names Turn On, sub-folder.

Here is the mip file changed with the proper characters.
Attachment LABEL91.jpg

Attachment AAIOM_Location Names Turn On_LABEL91_update.rar

Thanks

Correct mip is added as an extra download in Post #1 and on my site.

These are the errors you make when you are completely drained, mentally....Just as well I'm now done!

#13 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,001 posts

Posted Jun 17 2019 - 03:32 AM

Jim, go take a rest! You've definitely earned it! :up:

#14 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Leaving GPL better than I found it

Posted Jun 17 2019 - 05:25 AM

I'm totally agree with Saiph, you've earned it !!!

Once more, thanks for this masterpiece Sir Jim !!!

It's Christmas in summer ! :snow:

:partytime:

#15 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted Jun 17 2019 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for the fast updates and fixes Jim!

Always been a great fan of your tracks, like Adelaide and Dundrod, but this is something else. :) Still using corner arrows, but getting there ;)

#16 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968 F1, Tasman Series

Posted Jun 18 2019 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for releasing this great track Jim. Every bit of work you have put into it is very well done. I haven't had a chance yet to drive a full lap thanks to a few of my own crashes but I am really looking forward to completing it. :thumbup:

#17 Transit

Transit

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted Jun 18 2019 - 03:06 AM

Wonderful effort thanks Jim !

#18 PTRACER

PTRACER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Motor racing

Posted Jun 19 2019 - 09:01 AM

Oh my goodness. That was the most intense 20 minutes of my life. I set the AI to 1.20 so I let them lead me around. I got around most of the lap without hitting anything before I punted the other two cars off into the scenery and I was on my own. I knew the end was near so I thought I'd make it without crashing.
A few corners later I was driving off the 'map' somewhere into the Sky box :yikesss:

I don't think any comment I make will be suitable to say thank you for 15+ years of hard work. I can only say that this one of the most faithful, dedicated, detailed and enjoyable circuits made for any video game ever and I hope people cherish this and drive on it for many, many years to come. Well done!

Posted Image

#19 Ronniepeterson

Ronniepeterson

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jul 01 2019 - 05:14 AM

My original track folder was IofMan and not AAIOM. How do I install the new updated track?

#20 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jul 01 2019 - 06:04 AM

It's a new track; not an update.

You basically click on the installer and let it do almost all the work.
But after that, please, read the readme file included ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links