• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 07 2020 - 01:08 PM

Hello there

I bought a Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedal set. I have a problem:

I carefully assembled the whole thing and then, as instructed, downloaded the software from the Fanatec site. I went to USB Game Controllers and all was fine. But then I went into Grand Prix Legends, the only sim that I use, but it did not work. My steering wheel and shifter are still recognized, but not the CSL pedals.

It occurs to me that the problem may be related to a system conflict. My computer works on 64-bit, so that is what I tapped in when downloading the CSL Elite SC software. Perhaps, for Grand Prix Legends, I  should have tapped in 32-bit.

Do you think this might be an accurate analysis? If so, should I  delete the 64-bit installation and try again with 32?

And if not that, what?

Thank you in advance, tech wizards.

#2 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted Sep 07 2020 - 01:46 PM

Are they all connected to your wheelbase, or apart via usb? Because the only thing I can think of is that you might have too many usb devices connected at the same time, which GPL can't handle.
I have the same pedals, all connected to a CSW V2.5, which then is connected via usb. When I accidentally leave my Xbox gamepad plugged in while starting GPL I also cannot assign controls anymore.

If your OS is 64 bit, you need to use the 64 bit drivers.

Edited by Millennium, Sep 07 2020 - 01:46 PM.

#3 Dronzo

Dronzo

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted Sep 07 2020 - 01:51 PM

Please ignore this thread. I'd like to say that I have solved the problem but that would be a wild exaggeration. Somehow, it solved itself! All is well now. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Edited by Dronzo, Sep 07 2020 - 01:51 PM.

#4 Dronzo

Dronzo

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted Sep 07 2020 - 02:51 PM

Early impressions of this pedal set - terrific. Much better than my old Clubsport V1. Both throttle response and brake feel are far superior. Already I am close to my best times but some setup work will be necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links