- - - - -

No Green Tracks In Igor. Track Not Installed Error.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tobodestroyer2020

Tobodestroyer2020

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:GPL, French Horns, Cycling
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 23 2020 - 04:56 PM

I've got my GPL installation up to date and all is working really well off-line. I now feel ready to go online and race you lot wheel to wheel. Today I managed a very lonely online lap of Monza67 as it was the only track available in Igor. All of the others said N/A and told me that I needed to install the track.

I've read the forums about this and it's suggested that the Windows indexing is off. I've checked this in Win 10 and my GPL folders are all being indexed.

Others suggest that you should rebuild your track folder due to a corrupt track ini file. I've tried that but still nothing works.

This is a brand new and clean installation of Win10 with only GPL and Gem/Igor on the system. I also have a second boot option into Linux Mint Xfce, also solely with GPL and Gem/Igor. In both cases the GPL related folders are direct copies of each other.

I then tried my Linux installation and that works just fine. I couldn't race as the ping was reportedly 9999 bit at least all tracks were green and available. This makes me believe that there is nothing wrong with my track folder.

So, both GPL setups are identical apart from the operating system. This makes me suspect that the Windows indexing is still to blame.

Is there some way of clearing an indexing cache ( if there is such a thing) and re-indexing in Win 10? I'll dig around a bit more tomorrow and get back to you if I manage to work it out in the meantime.

I'm desperate to get racing online. Help.

Pete

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,389 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, MotoGP

60fps GPL

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 01:42 AM

"I then tried my Linux installation and that works just fine.
I couldn't race as the ping was reportedly 9999 bit at least all tracks were green and available. "

The ping 9999 is the normal in linux, it seems not able to read this signal of iGOR.
All my linux installs have it and work fine and without restrictions.
So just join a server and jump into your car! Pedal to the metal!
Posted Image

Edited by Cookie, Jul 24 2020 - 01:55 AM.

#3 Tobodestroyer2020

Tobodestroyer2020

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 02:04 AM

Thanks, Cookie. I'm keen to crack this on Windows as my aged PC struggles with Linux and I can't get the H-shiftet to work. When I have a shiny new PC, Linux will be my OS of choice for GPL, but for now, I'm stuck on Win10. I'm also keen to find a solution to this as I'm sure it'll help others.

#4 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

60fps GPL

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 02:10 AM

Your W10 GPL works offline ?

I would use regedit and look for iGOR if there are any keys or path in a wrong way...

PS

Try to: uninstall Gempackage and give it a new path to install

My W10 iGOR

Posted Image

Edited by Cookie, Jul 24 2020 - 02:31 AM.

#5 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

60fps GPL

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 02:42 AM

Do you have same here?

Posted Image

#6 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

60fps GPL

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 04:11 AM

OUPS
I had skipped  your
"Today I managed a very lonely online lap of Monza67 as it was the only track available in Igor. All of the others said N/A and told me that I needed to install the track."

Have you ever tried to sort your Season67.ini within GEM ?

Look into it, if the flags, country and names are correct in the sectors - and do not look like:

[Event1]
name=
shortname=Aaiom
trackDirectory=aaiom
month=1
day=2
numberOfLaps=80
startingGrid=4
flag=saflg
trackShortName=Kyalami

Rebuilt it with the .pregem file

Edited by Cookie, Jul 24 2020 - 04:45 AM.

#7 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,736 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 04:32 AM

Is the track you want to race online (that shows N/A in the race list) really not installed? With over 600 tracks available it can happen that a track is not installed, especially when you have recently installed GPL from scratch.
Or are all tracks on N/A on your Windows 10 operating system? Even original Papyrus tracks, in case a server is hosting an original Papy track atm?

Edit:
Update your SGEM.ini in GEM+ under seasons (it will update from GPLTD).

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jul 24 2020 - 11:07 AM.

#8 Gaizka López C.

Gaizka López C.

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:My Lancia Fulvia

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 01:13 PM

Hi Pete,

Not sure by your initial comment whether you tried this one: http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=10175.

Good luck! :crossfingers:

#9 Tobodestroyer2020

Tobodestroyer2020

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 04:08 PM

I've tried everything. (This is Win10).

Fresh season folder with accurate 67season.ini from cd.

New tracks with only Papy tracks, no updates.

This worked:) One server was hosting Kyalami and this track was green.

I then tried with my season files... still ok.

I then put my updated Kyalami track folder back and that didn't work. Online be Kyalami n/a. So, this has to be something in the Kyalami track folder. I replaced track.ini with the one that had worked 60 seconds previously but to no avail. Kyalami n/a.

So what is it in the track folder that is upsetting Igor? It's driving me mad.

#10 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,736 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 24 2020 - 06:34 PM

Which mod/car did you try?

Could you please take a screenshot of your race list in iGOR? On Win 10 you could use Windows Snipping Tool to do so.

Depending on your time zone (France?) I can offer you to meet in iGOR chat and we try to fix it together. I can also start my server for testing.

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jul 24 2020 - 06:34 PM.

#11 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

60fps GPL

Posted Jul 25 2020 - 01:33 AM

How did you update your Kyalami ?

Maybe some updates are not compatible...

#12 Tobodestroyer2020

Tobodestroyer2020

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted Jul 25 2020 - 03:41 AM

Hi Cookie,

I'll try to get screenshots when I'm back at my GPL Computer. The issue is that everything is 100% perfect off-line against the AI, including my Kyalami. The problem has to have something to do with combination of igor and Windows10. The ONE issue I have with my Windows GPL installation is that tracks aren't recognised by igor. Other than that it's perfect; all mods, updates, tracks, seasons, settings just as I want them. Lovely! Now that I'm connected to the internet with this machine, I'm keen to race online and join a league.

On my Linux set-up, igor finds all of the tracks (including Kyalami) and I can join online. This Linux Sierra folder is identical to the Windows one. The ONE issue I have with my Linux GPL is that I can't get my G27 H-Shifter to work, so I'm having to use Win10 for now. This backs up my theory that the problem has to lie with how Win10 communicates with igor.

I will stick with the OS which I can sort out first. (I'm hoping it's Linux)

Thanks everyone for your continued help. Together we will crack this :)

#13 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,455 posts

Posted Jul 26 2020 - 07:40 PM

View PostTobodestroyer2020, on Jul 24 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

I then put my updated Kyalami track folder back and that didn't work. Online be Kyalami n/a. So, this has to be something in the Kyalami track folder. I replaced track.ini with the one that had worked 60 seconds previously but to no avail. Kyalami n/a.

So what is it in the track folder that is upsetting Igor? It's driving me mad.

I had this once and I had to remove all tracks from the tracks folder (move them to a temp folder) and only put in the one that I wanted to race online - that is, there was only one track in the folder. The season file is irrelevant. That track that you're going to race online doesn't need to be in any season file. I doubt that it has anything to do with Windows 10 although it might be that W10 forces iGOR to check all the track.ini files and not Linux.

If that doesn't work re-download and reinstall that track. Then if it does work, put tracks back in the folder methodically, say ten or twenty at a time alphabetically until the problem comes back. Then you know it's one of those last tracks put back in. then go to one at a time to narrow it down.

I'm pretty sure that it's one of the track.ini files which causes the problem, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by Bob Simpson, Jul 26 2020 - 07:43 PM.

#14 Tobodestroyer2020

Tobodestroyer2020

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted Aug 21 2020 - 06:40 AM

I never did get to the bottom of this. In the end I did a completely new install of GPL using the GPLPS installer and re-downloading all mods. I highly recommend this as I had been tweaking a 20 year old Sierra folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links