Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:GPL ,Sim racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 12:00 PM

I'll figure it out when I get home from work I hope.

#42 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 12:56 PM

I still don't think you downloaded the whole mod. When you get home click on the track folder that you downloaded and tell me what you see?

#43 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 01:27 PM

I have the download here at work.Here it is:

Posted Image

#44 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 01:52 PM

Ok, it seems to have the whole mod. I haven't seen it like that. Mine is 7 different folders.

Go to your post # 25. Highlight the first 10 folders and copy/paste it in the GPL folder. Then go to GEM and click on the carset button. You have to move the mod from the left column to the right column. I'm not sure if you'll have one carset of 7. Whatever you have move it to the right column and click ok. The mod should be installed now. Choose it from the top left of page.

#45 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 08:01 PM

Got it all installed and everything works. For some reason I can turn up the Graphics a bit now without a hit. But I also wound up with 2 Kyalami tracks, the older one and the newer one that looks much better. So how do I mage to keep just one?
I also lost my Reims track. I can see it in GEM, but I couldn't find it in GPL. Whats really cool is the BRM P261. I was amazed its now in there, not very fast, but it handles very good. You are right all the newer cars handle much smoother.
How come when you save a replay it looks so much better than when actually driving the car? The instant replays really look bad.
Thanks a lot for pointing me to this. Even though I saw another 67 carset, I would have never known how good it was.
Hopefully I got all the files in the right places.

#46 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 18 2020 - 08:18 AM

You should have two Kyalami tracks. One is the 67 season and one is the 68 season. If you run the Championship you'll just race the 67 track. You should also have two Silverstone tracks. One race is the 67 championship race and the other a non championship race.

All the cars will have more low speed grip and a bit less high speed grip compared to the Papy cars. The draft is a little different too. You should have 7 carsets. In 67 the cars were heavier and had less HP. As the season progresses the cars get lighter and have more HP. This simulates the real 67 season. So, you need to pick the right carset for the track your racing. The AI drivers will change in different races just like the real season. Drivers will have the proper faces, helmets, and car numbers.

Everything is the mod was done to simulate the 67 Championship Season as much as possible. A few things couldn't be done. As an example the Lotus. The real season used the Lotus 43 at Kyalami, Lotus 33 for Monaco, and the Lotus 49 from then on. You do get the Lotus 43 for Kyalami but you also get it for Monaco. Getting the Lotus 33 for  Monaco couldn't be done. You will get the Lotus 49 from Zandvoort  to the end of the season. There's a couple of more like that with the Brabham and Eagle. Overall everything is correct.

All of that is for the Championship. If you just race single races you can use any car at any track. I never do that but you can.

I forgot to ask you. How's the AI at Spa67 with the mod?

#47 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 18 2020 - 08:26 AM

At Spa there a bit slow off the line, but once there going there pretty fast and don't slow down when they get in each others way. They FPS is still slow at Spa67 though,mostly at the very start, and always along the front straight. I may install the low texture pack. cars are a blast, I forgot how good the AI is.

#48 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 18 2020 - 09:01 AM

What car are you driving against the AI for Spa67? What carset?

#49 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 19 2020 - 09:49 AM

I've tried a few mostly the Ferrari, using the carset you suggested The 67 historical mod V2. I tried the Eagle as well, but its very fast, opposed to the BRM P261 which is very slow, but very precise in its handling.

#50 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 19 2020 - 10:10 AM

The BRM is a 65 F1 car and has a smaller engine compared to the 67 F1 cars. If you like the BRM 261 you should try the 65 mod. You'll have a whole field of cars like the BRM. They also have a lot of grip and are easy to drive. I think too easy but that's just my opinion.

You won't be outclassed with faster cars with the 65 mod. They're all the same. The Historical V2 mod is a mixture of a lot of cars. It even has F2 cars.

Here's the 65 mod. It also has a track installer. It installs all the tracks you need in one easy installer. Then get the 65 mod installer too. So, you have two downloads. Install the tracks first.

https://gplps.wordpr...-gpl-installer/

#51 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,733 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 19 2020 - 01:52 PM

For the 65 mod I also recommend the 1965 Mod Full Graphics Update 2018 by Denis Bertrand (db312)
http://65f1.gplworld.de/downloads.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links