Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 10:06 AM

No, it's the 67 F1 cars. It's a great mod and much more accurate than what came with GPL.

http://srmz.net/inde...p?showforum=186

#22 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:GPL ,Sim racing

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 10:28 AM

I downloaded it. Looks like all I have to do is drop the new GPL folder into where I have my other GPL folder and then select it in GEM ? Then I read something entry #91 that I needed to do something else ?

"Saiph suggestion is very good. I think, for those using a single GPL installation, it would even be easier to rename the 67season.ini file provided in the Hist Mod-v2 for instance 67histos.ini (it must be 8 letters long) and select it in GEM when using the Hisorical carsets. Once done for each carset, GEM will even remember it. So doing, the original user's 67season will  keep its additional tracks and will be used to add new ones. The 67histos will instead remain unchanged."

#23 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 10:49 AM

Don't edit it. Did you download all 7 files? Yes, copy everything into the GPL folder and install them in GEM. You'll also need some tracks to have the complete season. Install the tracks first.

#24 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,056 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 12:47 PM

And you will have seven new exe files, according to which part of the season you want to run.  A bit confusing at first, especially if you like running a full season, you will have to track points manually.  To save confusion in my feeble mind I created a separate install for this mod.

#25 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 12:57 PM

I thought it said it used all the original tracks ? I looked at the file its over 4GB and has all the tracks. It looks like this .

Posted Image

#26 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 02:19 PM

It has additions to the track files. It doesn't have all the tracks. You have to install the missing season tracks. Like Bugatti, Monacane. Wet Mosport and Spa67. Then there's a bunch of non championship tracks you can install to for a full season. The mod will give you two Silverstone and two Kyalami tracks. That's normal.

#27 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 05:57 PM

I'm a little confused on how to actually install this mod. Would it be better to do a seperate GPL install for each mod you use? If I want to install this into the GPL install I have already, do I just throw the GPL folder into my current GPL install?
Or should I start a new thread on how does someone install the Historical 1967 mod ?

#28 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 06:24 PM

I see no reason to have a separate install. Once you know how it's easy. I can install all the tracks and the mod in less then 5 min but I can see how you're cautious the first time.

Have you installed the tracks you need yet? That has to be done first so when you install the mod the files go into all the tracks. After that install the 7 files one at a time in the GPL folder. After that go into GEM and install all 7 carsets by clicking on the carsets button and transfer them over. All done.Then just choose the carset that matches the track you want to drive.

I wish I could make a video and show you how easy it is. What ever you do. Don't edit anything. You'll just mess it up.

#29 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 06:58 PM

Thanks I appreciate your patience and help. Just so I'm doing it right I put the car folder into the car folder already in my present install, then layout files into my layout folder, mod files into the mod folder, then same thing with the files into the season setups and sound. after that put the new tracks into the track folder, then just add the 2 config files and the PBF file and I should be all set right ?

#30 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 07:04 PM

You didn't need to install it all separate. Just copy the whole folder and paste it in the GPL folder and let it overwrite.

It sounds like to only installed the first part. There's 7 downloads and installs. Did you do them all?

#31 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 16 2020 - 08:45 PM

I'm using the one from GPL World from here: http://67f1.gplworld.de/downloads.htm, called GPL 1967 F1 Extra Mod - Historical Mod v2 (2015). Looks like it combines everything together.

#32 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,737 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 01:02 AM

View PostBsmooth1234, on Jul 16 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

I'm using the one from GPL World from here: http://67f1.gplworld.de/downloads.htm, called GPL 1967 F1 Extra Mod - Historical Mod v2 (2015). Looks like it combines everything together.

Yes, that is the right one.
If you want to race online you should install the Online Edition (of 2018).

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jul 17 2020 - 01:05 AM.

#33 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 06:28 AM

So basically open my GPL folder already installed, and open my Historical mod folder and just drop and drag untop of my GPL folder ?

#34 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 07:55 AM

Yes, if it's all in one folder.

#35 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 10:07 AM

After I install the tracks,  I'll give it a go when I get home from work. Thanks.
BTW whats the upgrade for Mexico all about. If I recall didn't the track that came with GPL for Mexico already have tires?
I hate those darn tires anyways, I swear they reach out for the car while I'm going by.

Edited by Bsmooth1234, Jul 17 2020 - 10:10 AM.

#36 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 10:37 AM

You mean Pavel's mod? If you hate the tires you'll really hate them with Pavel's mod. He added more and put them so you can't cut the turns. I believe the mod is more accurate to the real track back then, so I use them. Times are slower but they are for the AI too, so it doesn't matter. I have no concern with times anymore. My goal is to win the races. I just run full GP races and the goal is a consistent setup that last for 2 hours and lets me turn consistent laps for a long time. If your mind wanders you'll lose. The AI has 100% focus.

#37 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 10:54 AM

On the historical mod, where do these files go? they look similar to fils I already have.
BTW what carset in GEM do you switch to for the historical mod ? I suppose there will be only 2 to pick from anyways If I did it right.
I can't believe you can race for 2 hours and not make a mistake. Those cars are a handfull. I salute your driving and concentration :up:

drvx67
gplx67
hcx67.pbf

#38 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 11:03 AM

What do you see in GEM when you click on the carset button? It's in the top left side of the page.

#39 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 11:09 AM

Those files are part of the mod. Copy them into your GPL folder. You don't need to pick and choose. Copy all the files you downloaded into your GPL folder. You should have 7 carsets.

#40 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Jul 17 2020 - 11:47 AM

Figure it out yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users