Alessandro Isacchini

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Racing & Gnagna
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 15 2020 - 09:19 AM

I've tried various utility but no solved
The only one works is GeForce Experience , simply click on shortcut key and go, the problem is that the video result in very poor quality (pribdula and other is not legible ) and is not the resolution of my screen (1920x1200) but seems  800x640 with black bar at right and left
Into the setting I don't see possibility to modify this
Does anyone use it?

Tried OBS studio, Bandicam, Cam Studio, Camtasia and others but no one works, records only black screen and audio, or a little portion of screen fixed in menu page

I use game in OpenGL mode, win 10 pro 64 bit, GTX 1050 ti, i5 8600, 16 gb ram, I am not able with video recording so I'm not sure but seems that software don't reads the correct resolution of GPL, tried with other game, Raceroom and GTR2 and works fine

#2 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:Check out my channel for some nice GPL content :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 15 2020 - 09:35 AM

You can change the resolution in the settings for GeForce Experience in their settings.
Press 'Alt+Z', and go to settings > video capture. You can set a fixed resolution or have the resolution based on what your game runs.

I have set mine on 'In-Game', but for GPL there is a catch.
The menus are in a low resolution (480p I think) at 4:3 and that is what the recording program will stick with if you press record at the menu, before entering the car.
If you stick with that, you must make sure you press record when you are in the car.

#3 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl

Posted Jun 15 2020 - 10:24 AM

try FRAPS i used it for screenshot  , but i think its good for movie too

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 15 2020 - 10:55 AM

I don't usually make recordings when I'm driving, but I tried an experiment a few days ago. I went to the Win10 "PC Settings/Gaming" and activated the "XBox Game Bar". I then started up GPL, and went to the new Goodwood, driving the Lotus 49 in the '67 Historical Mod. I got into the car, pressed "Win + Alt + R" and saw the screen brighten for a moment, indicating that recording had started. I drove a lap, then pressed "Win + Alt + R" again to stop recording. After exiting GPL, I checked the replay and it looked very good. Full 1080p res, 30fps, good quality. The file was a bit large, so I tried converting it from MP4 (I think) to AVI, and it shrank by about 30-40%. The results were pretty good as far as I could see. I suggest you try it, you might like it.

#5 Lalethor

Lalethor

Alessandro Isacchini

• Supporter
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Racing & Gnagna
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 15 2020 - 12:53 PM

View PostGrandPrixYannick, on Jun 15 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

You can change the resolution in the settings for GeForce Experience in their settings.
Press 'Alt+Z', and go to settings > video capture. You can set a fixed resolution or have the resolution based on what your game runs.

I have set mine on 'In-Game', but for GPL there is a catch.
The menus are in a low resolution (480p I think) at 4:3 and that is what the recording program will stick with if you press record at the menu, before entering the car.
If you stick with that, you must make sure you press record when you are in the car.

Thanks mate, this is the way :thankyou:
In setting was 1080 but quality is poor, tried to 1440 and now is good enough, and same file size (rec two laps)

Thanks all, Saiph in my pc the xbox utility does not work (maybe beacause I have disabled many default utilities when installed win10) but not problem, now GeForce utility seems good

#6 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 15 2020 - 01:21 PM

I'm glad you got the recording you wanted. :up:

#7 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jun 15 2020 - 01:49 PM

I use Bandicam in the Game Capture Mode, not the default screen recording, because that would record the empty desktop. If you're worried about quality and filesize I highly recommend trying the trial version again. Make sure to enable the fps counter and bind it to a hotkey, if the counter shows up during gameplay you know it's recording exaclty that.

I don't know how well GeForce capture is, but in both OBS and AMD ReLive there are always a lot of compression artifacts in the videos. Even at the highest settings it looked awful.  Bandicam always gave me high video quality at a relatively compact filesizes.

Edited by Millennium, Jun 15 2020 - 01:54 PM.

#8 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, MotoGP

60fps GPL

Posted Jun 16 2020 - 03:42 AM

I just tested it in Linux mint 2.0 beta with my little office PC ( i3 4150 + GT1030)

1 lap at Monza 12 AI - 60fps - KB-steering: https://www.sendspace.com/file/eky6mf

Attached Files

Edited by Cookie, Jun 16 2020 - 03:51 AM.

#9 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 392 posts

Posted Jun 16 2020 - 06:00 AM

i did a test first  did  the movie with FRAPS  and i watch or edited it after with FILMORA , and the resolution and quality is very good ,both are freeware

Attached Files

Edited by KARTM, Jun 16 2020 - 06:02 AM.

#10 blackskull101

blackskull101

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:ISImotor & Papyrus games
  • Sim interest:rFactor

Posted Jun 16 2020 - 06:06 AM

View PostKARTM, on Jun 16 2020 - 06:00 AM, said:

i did a test first  did  the movie with FRAPS  and i watch or edited it after with FILMORA , and the resolution and quality is very good ,both are freeware

Just a bit of clarification. I don't know about FILMORA, but FRAPS has paid version. Apparently with more options.
With free version you can record up to 30 sec. videos.
edit: Yes, the image quality is very good.

Edited by blackskull101, Jun 16 2020 - 07:20 AM.

#11 GPLaps

GPLaps

GPLaps

• Supporter
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jun 16 2020 - 06:30 AM

I use OBS to record. It doesn't care about the resolution change and will record the 4:3 menu at full screen with black bars, and then switch to full resolution when you go in game.

#12 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 392 posts

Posted Jun 16 2020 - 06:31 AM

did a second test ,youre right theres a 30 seconds limit , but the quality of the image is very good ,but  i guess thats its possible to do a montage using FILMORA with many 30 seconds cut, i only download  that FILMORA  yesterday , but from what i read it seem to be a good alternative to the old Microsoft movie maker , even better i just discover that the program the wondershare filmora 9 to use his complete name  can record directly , no need to use FRAPS and the lenght seem unlimited

Edited by KARTM, Jun 16 2020 - 09:56 AM.

#13 MK3424

MK3424

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Gaming

Posted Jun 20 2020 - 03:43 PM

I've been recording all my GPL videos with OBS Studio for quite some time.

And depending on the encoder used and bitrate, you can get some good footage!

I'm using the NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new) encoder at 20000 kbps.

https://www.youtube....h?v=1tE_EojFoJw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links