#1 David Wright Lo67

David Wright Lo67

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTL and P&G
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 03 2015 - 06:36 AM

The following has already been posted at NoGrip but is repeated here for those who don't visit that forum.

It is over a year since v3.1 came out. Although we have made comments in various threads, with the release of baronesbc video it is perhaps appropriate to summarise the current position.

The team is still very small with some members busy on commercial work though Unseen's return has been a nice boost. We are working on bug fixes, detail improvements to the modelling of some cars, and new physics and some modelling changes to the GT40s including the GT MkII. I'm afraid progress is slow and we are not in a position to give an anticipated release date.

With Aris leaving the team some time ago for Assetto Corsa, I have taken over the role of physics. As the main historical researcher I was already responsible for finding much of the data to use in the physics and with a degree in Mechanical engineering I do have the right background for the work. Nevertheless I have some big shoes to fill and a steep learning curve to climb.

The team felt one car that could use improvement was the GT40 and in particular the MkII. A lot of new information has come to light since the physics were originally done so it did seem like a good choice to cut my teeth on. Rather than "massage" the existing physics I decided to remake the physics from scratch including the suspension which was previously largely a GTL carry over. However, to keep the "P&G feel" I have re-used some of the key elements of the old tyre physics.

baronesbc has been involved in beta testing and has kindly produced a video showing the MkII

http://www.nogriprac...ew.php?id=17678

The VLM Le Mans is a work of art but for high-speed no-downforce cars the rise at the end of the Mulsanne straight is a real issue. At Philrob's 60s Le Mans the MkII just goes light if you take it at full speed and you can also take the kink at 210 mph (though the AI is currently struggling).

There are a few subtle external modelling changes to the MkII (larger diameter tyres and a slightly reshaped lower nose). Not yet finished are some detail changes to the MkII cockpit.

Edited by David Wright Lo67, Aug 17 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#2 David Wright Lo67

David Wright Lo67

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 443 posts

Posted Jan 03 2015 - 07:53 AM

Some small changes made to the Gulf-Wyer GT40 model to accompany the new physics.

LHS fuel filler removed.  Slots in side windows removed.  Larger diameter rear tyres and re-profiled lower nose to remove step in original version.

Attached Files

#3 WalterC

WalterC

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2, P&G3, A/C, GTL, Go Kart racing, IMSA, WEC, ELMS, Blancpain, F1, Indy Cars, DTM, V8 Super Cars, Continental Tire Sports Cars
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 03 2015 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for the update!

I have very good memories playing P&G v3 online when it was first released. I had just bought a G27 steering wheel and had never raced online before! Awesome stuff, Thank you GTLW Crew!

#4 hansje

hansje

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Race/Games and Drumming

Posted Jan 07 2015 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for the info...keep up the good work  :)

Hans

#5 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jan 10 2015 - 10:19 AM

Dirty car looks good, but you left the wheels clean?

#6 David Wright Lo67

David Wright Lo67

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 443 posts

Posted Jan 10 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostPete Gaimari, on Jan 10 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Dirty car looks good, but you left the wheels clean?

Interesting point :)

Checking video of Le Mans 69 the GT40's wheels were clean towards the finish.  Presumably this is because they changed tyres during the race.

#7 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jan 10 2015 - 08:52 PM

I knew you'd have an answer. I'll get you next time. ;)

Edited by Pete Gaimari, Jan 10 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#8 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Jan 12 2015 - 09:58 AM

Great to see this wonderful mod is still being worked on and updated.  I'm really looking forward to seeing and driving the updated GT40.  Hopefully there will be somebody who gets permission and does a conversion of Spa67 for P&G at some point.  It would be a great addition for P&G

#9 hansje

hansje

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Race/Games and Drumming

Posted Jan 21 2015 - 02:47 AM

I agree its a great MOD  !!!  should have and deserves more attention  :)

Hans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links