Trying Something New.. SHARE some
Posted Nov 24 2005 - 01:00 AM
Ok for people like myself who use Mozilla suite & Firefox here is a Kwel Link with Extensions for Mozilla products.
What's an extension you say? It's a small little goodie, like an add-on to your browser. It's basically a mini application that you can fuse into your Mozilla browser. Everything from weather rite on your browser to management of cookies and history can be purposes of extensions.
My personal favorite, many selections to choose from!
Extensions Mirror http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/
Posted Dec 08 2005 - 10:46 AM
What makes Iconoid different than other Icon managers?
* Only Iconoid hides and shows the icons when you need them.
* Only Iconoid insures that when you restore icon positions, the saved positions do not overlay other icons. Iconoid goes to great lengths to insure that all Icons are visible when you restore Icon positions.
* Iconoid can be completely hidden or live in the system tray.
* Iconoid is customizable. For example, you can decide what options appear in the tray popup so that you don't have to see a cluttered list of items you don't use.
* Iconoid can determine the optimal text background color whenever the wallpaper changes -- automatically.
* Iconoid comes with complete source.
Who might want Iconoid?
* Anyone who wants transparent icon backgrounds.
* Anyone who changes wallpaper frequently.
* Anyone who wants a very fast method of hiding screens.
* Anyone who changes screen resolutions and wants to preserve icon positions (gamers, for example).
How does it work?
Iconoid runs either as a system tray icon, or completely hidden. It watches where your cursor moves and looks for changes to the desktop.
When the cursor moves off of the desktop, Iconoid might hide the desktop icons so that you can see the wallpaper better. When you move the mouse back to the desktop, the icons reappear.
Iconoid also looks for changes to the wallpaper (file size or name) and if it sees that the wallpaper has changed, it forces the icon colors back to your specifications (color or transparent).
Have had it for years & totally enjoy it!
Posted Dec 08 2005 - 11:06 AM
Stardock LogonStudio allows Windows XP users to edit, change, and apply new logon screens. LogonStudio comes built with a visual editor to make it easy to create your own logons which can then be uploaded to websites to be used by others users.
LogonStudio uses .logonxp files rather than requiring users to replace their actual logonui.exe.
LogonStudio is free.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users