• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:GPL, NR2003, RF2, AC and ACC - Autocad and Computer Technology
    Soccer and Formula 1 / Nascar
    Amy Winehouse
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 08 2020 - 12:44 AM

Any one successful with getting DD2 wheel steering recognized properly 2.5 compatibility mode or PC mode and saving calibrations?  I guess I might have to give up this sim because of newer hardware.

TIA :unwell:

#2 MSMoney

MSMoney

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
    Amy Winehouse

Posted Jan 08 2020 - 01:02 PM

Figured out work around :
start with wheel centered, rotate right 270deg, rotate left back to center, rotate left 270deg, rotate right back to center, press ok!

Still working out why buttons do not register. Work around using JoyToKey profile buttons work fine if GPL launched normally, but agian not functioning if launched through GEM+.

If anyone has a solution, it would be much appreciated.

#3 paul_v

paul_v

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:grand prix legends and mods
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 08 2020 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

Just a thought!

Would JoyToKey work if you configure it to run via Gem+ as a "start up button" in utilities.

Paul.

#4 MSMoney

MSMoney

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
    Amy Winehouse

Posted Jan 08 2020 - 01:51 PM

Tried that did not work for me, but what did work was running GLPC67.exe outside of GEM+

Now if I can just get the FFB working...  Thanks for your input :up:

#5 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 08 2020 - 01:54 PM

Might be because you have too many buttons/axis on your steering wheel. Which steering wheel do you use on your wheelbase?

Don't know if it's any use to this problem, but my CSW v2.5 with the F1 Esports wheel works without any problem in GPL. The current Fanatec drivers are pretty similair as far as I know.

Edited by Millennium, Jan 08 2020 - 01:56 PM.

#6 MSMoney

MSMoney

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
    Amy Winehouse

Posted Jan 09 2020 - 02:25 AM

Buttons are working fine, something in GEM+ seems to blocking JoytoKey and the CSW DD@ is a direct-drive :wubit: .  My previous CSW v2.5 worked just fine (as I remember) but different set-up/electronics (most if not all belt/gear driven wheels provide a "FFB Feel".  GPL is just so old the FFB relies on MS Drivers. GPL does not send forces directly to the wheel, it calls one of the components od DirectInput.  DirectInput is a catch-all program to support every kind of device it might encounter. I think this maybe where the problem is.  Also it seem that other DD Wheels like OSW and generric DIY have additional software running to make them aware ot this info.
That being said driving without any wheel feed back (at least for me) is quite difficult.  :bigcry2:

Edited by MSMoney, Jan 09 2020 - 02:48 AM.

#7 Lalethor

Lalethor

Alessandro Isacchini

• Supporter
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Racing & Gnagna
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 12 2020 - 07:30 AM

This is not a good news.. :angry:
In the future I'd like to buy a DD Fanatec and I saw various informations recently, but is a big problem if doesn't works with GPL
My actually wheel begin to have too much time and initially I was thinking to change it with a clubsport 2.5, but I'm very curious to drive with a DD so I guess to this direction and no other wheel with belts or gears

If I understood well you tell that only Podium (fanatec) have problems, other like OSW work perfecly, is this so?

#8 MSMoney

MSMoney

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
    Amy Winehouse

Posted Jan 23 2020 - 02:22 AM

I cannot confirm that OSW or Simcube, etc work with FFB in GPL.  This was "something that someone else said somewhere in some forum" when I was looking for information to get GPL running again with the new hardware (In this case Fanatec DD), my old CSW v2 worked ok as I remember.  If you (Alessandro) can confirm that GPL  works with CSW v2.5 (I remembering it working ... I was not playing it for almost 2yr.) I believe you would be very happy with that because honestly the difference between Fanatec CSW v2 and DD is not that large. In my opinion.  On a scale of 1-10 CSW v2.5 (7.5-8)  DD2  (9+).  This all depends on how important GPL is to you, there are some Assetto Corsa Mods that give you some of what GPL does in a more modern Engine with better graphic.  Look for GPL mod for Assetto Corsa.

Ciao

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links