Bastian Grupp

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 09:20 AM

Because i live in two different locations i'll have two computers with Gpl installed and i upload to gplrank from both.

I dont know what is the sense of GPLRank worsening my times again when i upload an older time or a new time on that machine. I often uploaded worse times.... So i edit them back by hand. if you view my History, dont think im cheating my times.

I now start deleting my *.ini files before racing, i guess its the only way to not upload worse laptimes.

Greetings Bastian

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 10:38 AM

Given the number of tracks and mods which are available for GPL, it's inevitable that things sometimes get mixed up, and players find errors in their GPLRank laptimes. GPLRank allows players to upload slower laptimes so that they can correct any errors that occur, without them needing to go into the "self service" section of the GPLRank site and edit things manually.

If you want to play GPL on two different PCs, and keep your times consistent, it's very easy. Just buy one of those tiny USB memory sticks and clip it to your keyring. Whenever you finish a driving session with GPL, copy your player directory to the USB stick. When you go to the other computer, simply copy the player data from the USB stick to the GPL player directory on the second machine, and this will synchronise all your times. When you finish driving on the second PC, copy the player directory back to the USB stick so you can transfer it back again.

Simple!  Hope that helps.

#3 Pedro

Pedro

Pedro

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Money :-)