Jump to content


* * * * * 1 votes

Brands Hatch 1967 Historical Carset


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 01:09 AM

hmmmm sorry about the ai after doing some more laps they changed back to how they were before and i havent changed anything
even G. Spinnings drvc67 doesnt solve my problem and i haven't edited anything else in the Brands67 track folder other than making a new drvc from the default papyrus drivers to go with the carset
maybe i will try reinstalling brands or something

#17 deegee

deegee

    ...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derbyshire, UK
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 09:43 PM

View Postniki, on Oct 01 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Sorry my bad english (Spinning help me thank you,se non e' chiara la domanda ti chiederei se posso farla in italiano e poi tu per favore me la traduci.Grazie) but this roc67 addon not works for me,when click on the green button in the track Brands67 my pc crash!
And because in the total distance i have 0.0 km, and in the page2 i have Brands Hatch Circuit 0 corner and 0.000 km?
Thanks a lot
Niki

I am having exactly the same problem.
I have install the RofC carset exactly according to the instructions.
GPL starts through GEM with Brands selected as the race, but then when I click on the green button on the Brands program page to start the Brands weekend, the weekend begins to start up but then crashes as the pit view window is being populated with cars.
I have installed the oulton gold cup (from the brands carset as instructed) carset and that works perfectly!!.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#18 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 01:22 AM

View Postdeegee, on Dec 23 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

View Postniki, on Oct 01 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Sorry my bad english (Spinning help me thank you,se non e' chiara la domanda ti chiederei se posso farla in italiano e poi tu per favore me la traduci.Grazie) but this roc67 addon not works for me,when click on the green button in the track Brands67 my pc crash!
And because in the total distance i have 0.0 km, and in the page2 i have Brands Hatch Circuit 0 corner and 0.000 km?
Thanks a lot
Niki

I am having exactly the same problem.
I have install the RofC carset exactly according to the instructions.
GPL starts through GEM with Brands selected as the race, but then when I click on the green button on the Brands program page to start the Brands weekend, the weekend begins to start up but then crashes as the pit view window is being populated with cars.
I have installed the oulton gold cup (from the brands carset as instructed) carset and that works perfectly!!.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure what that could be sorry mate.
Niki's problem seems to be more with the track than the add on to me but I haven't been able to get the same problem. Is yours exactly the same as Niki's with the 0.0km total distance and all that?
Try this drvc67 that goes in the brands67 track folder that works for me and should give fairly accurate racing but its not quite 100% done.
Also try setting the ai to 5 and then adding one car at a time. When the game starts crashing at e.g 12 cars and 11 still works you should be able to know what car is causing it to crash. Then I can send you the files if needed.
If not someone else may be able to help.
I am working on some updates for this carset as well if your prepared to wait a while.

Attached Files



#19 deegee

deegee

    ...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derbyshire, UK
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 03:40 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Dec 24 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

I'm not sure what that could be sorry mate.
Niki's problem seems to be more with the track than the add on to me but I haven't been able to get the same problem. Is yours exactly the same as Niki's with the 0.0km total distance and all that?
Try this drvc67 that goes in the brands67 track folder that works for me and should give fairly accurate racing but its not quite 100% done.
Also try setting the ai to 5 and then adding one car at a time. When the game starts crashing at e.g 12 cars and 11 still works you should be able to know what car is causing it to crash. Then I can send you the files if needed.
If not someone else may be able to help.
I am working on some updates for this carset as well if your prepared to wait a while.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did as you suggested and the car causing the program to crash is the Beltoise Matra - all the other cars load fine.
I have installed both the Brands and Oulton carsets over Gianfranco's latest "self-installing" carsets - no problem if I load Brands omitting Beltoise from the driver list, and no problems whatsoever with Oulton

  :)

#20 MECH

MECH

    Double poly killer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here ->
  • Interests:My Girlfriend
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 03:49 AM

View Postdeegee, on Dec 24 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I did as you suggested and the car causing the program to crash is the Beltoise Matra - all the other cars load fine.
I have installed both the Brands and Oulton carsets over Gianfranco's latest "self-installing" carsets - no problem if I load Brands omitting Beltoise from the driver list, and no problems whatsoever with Oulton

  :)

You might find the problem with the matra by using 3dostrn.
For 3dostrn to work you need to unpack the dat file so all files are present.
- First make a copy of the current matra folder.
- unpack all files in the dat with doodat.
- then copy the files from the backup folder back in and let it overwrite.
- drop 3dostrn in the matra folder and let it run.

You should find a textfile strings.txt which lists all 3do files and the mips it uses.
Spot the missing files and see if you can nick them from another folder.

#21 deegee

deegee

    ...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derbyshire, UK
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostMECH, on Dec 24 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

View Postdeegee, on Dec 24 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I did as you suggested and the car causing the program to crash is the Beltoise Matra - all the other cars load fine.
I have installed both the Brands and Oulton carsets over Gianfranco's latest "self-installing" carsets - no problem if I load Brands omitting Beltoise from the driver list, and no problems whatsoever with Oulton

  :)

You might find the problem with the matra by using 3dostrn.
For 3dostrn to work you need to unpack the dat file so all files are present.
- First make a copy of the current matra folder.
- unpack all files in the dat with doodat.
- then copy the files from the backup folder back in and let it overwrite.
- drop 3dostrn in the matra folder and let it run.

You should find a textfile strings.txt which lists all 3do files and the mips it uses.
Spot the missing files and see if you can nick them from another folder.

Bingo :clap:

andashr.mip was missing. Copied from another carset and now all is well.

Many thanks to you for your help Mech, and to you pioujd428 for the great carset  :thankyou:

#22 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 11:06 PM

Great carset Chris ! Downloaded tonight and other then the problem with the Beltoise car , ( I simply removed him from the drvc
for the time being. ) Is it possible for someone to post the correct Beltoise car file/folder ?

Everything else works great ! Thank you for this wonderful add-on . :clap2:

Edited by davef, Feb 19 2013 - 11:20 PM.


#23 mercator

mercator

    Guy Ligier

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 12:26 PM

try this one, it works fine for me.
(I took the bel1a.3do from the MNC-V2 carset and changed it to bel20a.3do)

Attached Files



#24 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks mercator ! :hat-tip:  I'll give it a try later today after work. :thankyou:

#25 deegee

deegee

    ...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derbyshire, UK
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 02:20 PM

View Postdavef, on Feb 20 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Thanks mercator ! :hat-tip:  I'll give it a try later today after work. :thankyou:

See also my solution in post #21.

I think the missing file is the one attached below - just drop into the brabham folder in your 67 Race of Champions carset folder (probably ROFC67)

Attached Files



#26 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the file deegee ! I saw the post & your conversation with MECH , but thought it was some serious
editing involved, that I didn't want to attempt. :whistling:
Thanks for the reply David.

#27 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 04:40 PM

Success ! Thanks guys. And thank you pioujd428 for this awesome addition to the great 67 Season !

A little Brands Hatch fog gives this a nice touch too. :thumbup:  (Really brings out the texture in the trees. )

[fog]
type=1
density=2.0
fog_r=198
fog_g=202
fog_b=214

Attached File  brands1.JPG   105.34K   90 downloadsAttached File  brands2.JPG   110.3K   90 downloads

Edited by davef, Feb 20 2013 - 04:44 PM.


#28 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 04:18 AM

Sorry for Beltoise everyone but it looks like Deegee has solved it.

I do have an updated carset nearly ready which I will post as a whole sometime in the future when I can find some time to do everything I want to work on. For example the Eagle's black exhaust as well as quite a few other things. I have wondered why the exhausts were black just for this race on Ginther's as well.

Attached Files



#29 Brian Speake

Brian Speake

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bedfordshire, UK
  • Interests:Rugby
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 15 2013 - 04:28 PM

Have just installed all three non-championship races, many thanks to Chris and hope you get the enthusiam to finish the remaining races.

Edited by Brian Speake, Mar 15 2013 - 04:29 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links