#181 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 09:45 AM

I don't expected to see the quecked flag because it was my first gpl racer after 18 month.
My strategy was braking very hard and make a pitstop.  I fueled only 30 litres or so and used the other pitstop patch for refueling.
It seems all others had a lot of respect 'cause of the tire wear. Noone than me have made a tire changing pitstop and it seems all could drive fast times at the end of the race. Next time I should contain my brakefoot.

went to the line with full tanks. 46 US gallons. That's about 184 litres, I believe. I wanted that extra mass to put more stress on the tyres.
Gpl produces the most wheelspin if the the car is light (with less petrol). The wear in dgp is determinated by wheelspin. So you get a bit more wear with less petrol.

I won't intervene in the procedere of the league, but I would remember at an option of dgp:
In case of using the light version in PRO mode the driver that are damaging their engine totally will be reprieved. They get the chance to bring the car back to the pits, but they get a handicap (a dirt gear) for the rest of the race.
That's the only difference to normal version of the patch in PRO mode (the version we used yesterday).

I rember that 'cause we was only six people yesterday - in my sight nowhere enough for a PRO race. In PRO mode often some drivers be knocked out early.
In light version a few people more would stay in the race (I know yesterday nobody had this problem, but it happens not very rarely.
Only an idea...

BR olaf

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Jun 08 2018 - 09:47 AM.

#182 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 11:59 AM

My view is basically that we ofc need more drivers. A full field would be great but with the amount of drivers vs the amount of leagues its not easy to get new drivers to join. But its slowly growing and hopefully it will continue to do so and somewhere down the line we can hopefully run close to a full field. That would be great. :thumbup:

As for a lifeline via the light version Im leaning towards no. We want this league to represent a considerable challenge in every way but ofc its open to any driver who wants said challenge regardless of rank ,pace or general skill. So that means that the possiblitiy of a DNF needs to exist like it does now. The repair option is a tiny lifeline but no guarantee of finishing the race.

We were a few drivers short yesterday and the regulars are seasoned drivers who tend to finish races and drive mostly without shift r so I dont think the races will get lonely because of people going off or blowing engines. But I might be wrong..

#183 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the headsup on vehicle mass, Olaf.

I couple of things I neglected to mention in my earlier post...

At one point, Olaf had caught and passed me around mid-race but almost immediately went wide at Sunset and out onto the grass/dirt.  He regained the track just in front of me and I had the thought, 'Hmmm...  He's dirtied up his tyres.  Shall I make a stab at a repass?  By rights, if the patch is doing what it should, his adhesion should be reduced considerably.'  Discretion prevailed, though, and I backed out of the possibility but no sooner binned the idea when Olaf went a bit wide at Clubhouse.  I stuck my nose in and we shunted.  Sorry, Olaf.  I should have just toured through behind you.

Yesterday was the first time ever that I've used the Pribluda utility in a race.  I've invoked a few times in beta testing to a minor degree but never before in competition.  Very interesting but as per my initial opinion on it dating back many a year, I think it next to a cheat as it provides real time data which was not...and here's the thing, should not...be available to competitors.

#184 André

André

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 12:25 PM

View PostOlaf Lehmann, on Jun 08 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I don't expected to see the quecked flag because it was my first gpl racer after 18 month.
My strategy was braking very hard and make a pitstop.  I fueled only 30 litres or so and used the other pitstop patch for refueling.
It seems all others had a lot of respect 'cause of the tire wear. Noone than me have made a tire changing pitstop and it seems all could drive fast times at the end of the race. Next time I should contain my brakefoot.

BR olaf

Good that you are back Olaf :-)

Regarding your comment: "It seems all others had a lot of respect 'cause of the tire wear. None than me have made a tire changing pitstop and it seems all could drive fast times at the end of the race."

I think the patch works perfect. I raced as fast as I could from start to finish, did 1:20.7 at lap 4, and without the patch I will normally get faster as the fuel goes down, but with the patch I feel the tire wear and get slightly slower as tires starts to wear down, and my final 10 laps was in the 1.22.0 to 1.22.5 range.

I saw Rainer did not start of to fast, and actual preserved his tires in the start, and could then finish in a slightly faster tempo. Setting his fastest lap more towards the end, and stabilized his lap times at 1.21.5 to 1.21.8 in the final half of the race.

So thank you for this great patch :-) I love it. It brings in a realistic feature in to the races.

Edited by André, Jun 08 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#185 André

André

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 12:30 PM

Regarding Pribluba I agree with your statement Manfred. The core team of our league do not race with the Pribluba patch on, but if anyone wants to, that's up to them :-D

Edited by André, Jun 08 2018 - 02:39 PM.

#186 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted Jun 09 2018 - 12:24 PM

Small change : We will start the races at 1900 CET when the fall season starts.

#187 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted Jun 10 2018 - 01:57 PM

At one point, Olaf had caught and passed me around mid-race but almost immediately went wide at Sunset and out onto the grass/dirt.  He regained the track just in front of me and I had the thought, 'Hmmm...  He's dirtied up his tyres.  Shall I make a stab at a repass?  By rights, if the patch is doing what it should, his adhesion should be reduced considerably.'  Discretion prevailed, though, and I backed out of the possibility but no sooner binned the idea when Olaf went a bit wide at Clubhouse.  I stuck my nose in and we shunted.  Sorry, Olaf.  I should have just toured through behind you.

I have to say sorry. The reason of our touching was the bad Controlling of car with mydirty tires.

My promo video is ready:

in English:
High resolution: http://race.eolc.de/...nn/GPLmodes.MP4
Low resolution: http://race.eolc.de/...PLmodes_DVD.MP4

in German:
High resolution: http://race.eolc.de/...modesGERMAN.MP4
Low resolution: http://race.eolc.de/...sGERMAN_DVD.MP4

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Jun 11 2018 - 12:46 PM.

#188 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted Jun 11 2018 - 04:05 AM

:thumbup: - Great video Olaf , that helps alot and makes it a lot easier to explain.

We now have a league forum , courtesy of Pelle Buchner , thank you so much for that Pelle. Another :thumbup: and a :D  as well..  

http://www.gpl1967.dk/GPLDK/forum.php

Edited by Keyser Zose, Jun 11 2018 - 06:04 AM.

#189 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted Jun 14 2018 - 09:46 AM

What's exactly the track for 21th?
I tried Road America 1971 with track folder name: roadamer.
This track doesn't work for me - in no way: not even offline with 36fps normal gpl.

BR Olaf

#190 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted Jun 15 2018 - 02:08 AM

Yes Olaf the folder name is roadamer.

Why it doesnt work for you I dont know , its big and heavy on the graphics side but Ive never had any issues with the track. Is it a bug issue or are we talking hardware limitations and such? Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this particular track in terms of bugs and such?

We can pick a different track for next thursday but lets see if we cant work our way around it before the fall season starts cause its a great track to drive so we would like to keep it if possible. If not then it will be replaced.

*UPDATE*

We will test on Zeltweg thu 21st of june. (foldername zeltw71) instead of Road America. The server will change track during the course of today. Let us know if there are any issues.

Edited by Keyser Zose, Jun 15 2018 - 03:34 AM.

#191 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jun 16 2018 - 02:01 PM

I just tried an online test of the F1 Historics server featuring Zeltweg.  No problems but as before, I can only join via Multiplayer ingame using the IP address.  Still can't access it via VROC.  Whatever you do, don't chage the address!

I intentionally blew up an engine coming off Rindt, coasted into the pits and got a fresh motor.  :)

Attached File  zeltweg_test01.7z   54.84K   0 downloads

#192 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted Jun 17 2018 - 04:07 AM

We got no plans to change the IP so that should be fine. Still a little troubling that you cant connect via VROC , dont know why that is.  Anyways , I tried during a practice session to coast in with a blown engine but didnt get a new one , that was with the 7.0 version of the patch though so that might be different with the newest version.

We now have a forum and we recommend to all who are driving with us that they register a user there. You can find it via our league site. Pre and post race info will be posted there along with other relevant stuff.

http://f1historicesports.com/

#193 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • 2,370 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Jun 17 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostOlaf Lehmann, on Jun 14 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

What's exactly the track for 21th?
I tried Road America 1971 with track folder name: roadamer.
This track doesn't work for me - in no way: not even offline with 36fps normal gpl.

BR Olaf

What doesn't work?
Something is up with that I think.

:D

#194 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted Jun 18 2018 - 06:15 AM

What doesn't work?
I choice this track and click at the freen flag. Then gpl.exe hangs up.

BR Olaf

Edit: Just now I find out the track works with oglv2, but not with ogl old version. All other track  works with old ogl version too.

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Jun 18 2018 - 06:15 AM.

#195 André

André

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostManfred Cubenoggin, on Jun 16 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

I just tried an online test of the F1 Historics server featuring Zeltweg.  No problems but as before, I can only join via Multiplayer ingame using the IP address.  Still can't access it via VROC.  Whatever you do, don't chage the address!

I intentionally blew up an engine coming off Rindt, coasted into the pits and got a fresh motor.  :)

Attachment zeltweg_test01.7z
Hi,

I have now tried to update some server settings. Please try vroc again to see if the problem is fixed

Thanks
Andre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links