#1 TerryPirates80

TerryPirates80
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:GPL Flight sims
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 06 2019 - 08:08 PM

Hello,

A loooooooo--ng time GPL fan deciding to install the Sports Car and Cam-Am mods.  I need to come out of the shadows to download the associated tracks.

Every computer I've owned for the last 20 years, my first task out of the box is to get GPL up and running.  At every instance, I have marveled at the dedication and skill of the modders worldwide who have kept the sim alive and relevant. I content myself with personal record lap times.

I bought the original sim @ a sale price at a computer store chain in Spring '99--like stereo equipment and CDs--that has long since disappeared. My GPL CD, like we said in the military, is strictly "box issue." As Steve Smith recommends in "4-Wheel Drift," I purchased a diecast Lotus 49 to place right next to the monitor and then, much later, Dan Gurney's All-American Eagle to place alongside Clark's Lotus.

I had a chance before Gurney died to see the Eagle up close at an exhibition "The Eagles Have Landed."  It was as beautiful in real life as it has always been in my dreams.

My usual user names were taken--maybe by me years ago.  I'm using the name of my Dad's favorite comic strip from the 40s:  Terry and the Pirates.

TerryPirates80

#2 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 06 2019 - 09:31 PM

you're in -
and if you remember old login's i can help w/ PW's.. i can't see what they were, but i can create new one's and email them/it to you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links