Jump to content


Kyalami 1968 Historical Carset


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Marx

Marx

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Addis Ababa. Ethiopia
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Sep 14 2013 - 04:12 PM

Definitely interested. I am enjoying your excellent Kyalami 68 work at the moment. Great stuff. Chapeau.

#22 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the comments guys but unfortunately I have to say that this project is not going to happen.
I have decided that there is just way too much work involved. If the Matra MS11 and Honda RA301 were already in GPL then I would probably do it but I just don't feel all the work on my own would be worth it.
If I decide to start the project up again I will start a topic on it to share the work with everyone but like I said I don't plan on it.

Really trying to get the updated 4 non championship carsets out but I keep finding tiny things that need improving. Then I will have another quick look at the last 2 non championship races (still looking for photos by the way) and that will probably be it.

:wave:

Chris

#23 deegee

deegee

    ...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derbyshire, UK
  • Interests:GPL, Grand Prix racing in the 60s.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 04:08 AM

Sorry to read this, Chris, but although it seemed a wonderful prospect it was always going to be a mamoth task for one individual.

You have already made a major contribution by plugging the gaps in the 67 season with your non-championship carsets, and I (along, I am sure, with many others) keenly await your updates and additions to them when you feel ready to release them.

Thanks for all you have done so far

:hat-tip:

#24 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for all your great car sets Chris ! :thankyou:

#25 deegee

deegee

    ...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derbyshire, UK
  • Interests:GPL, Grand Prix racing in the 60s.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 12:05 PM

View Postpioujd428, on Sep 26 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:


Really trying to get the updated 4 non championship carsets out but I keep finding tiny things that need improving. Then I will have another quick look at the last 2 non championship races (still looking for photos by the way) and that will probably be it.

:wave:

Chris

Have you seen these? From 67 Gold Cup

http://www.mikehaywa...67-gold-cup.htm

#26 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 27 2013 - 04:56 AM

View Postdeegee, on Sep 26 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

View Postpioujd428, on Sep 26 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Really trying to get the updated 4 non championship carsets out but I keep finding tiny things that need improving. Then I will have another quick look at the last 2 non championship races (still looking for photos by the way) and that will probably be it.

:wave:

Chris

Have you seen these? From 67 Gold Cup

http://www.mikehaywa...67-gold-cup.htm

Thanks deegee but I have. It's the private/lesser known entries that I am really struggling to find anything at all on. They really complete a carset in my opinion. Maybe even more so than the common entries in a way. Just reflects the era a little bit maybe. When you could almost just have a car and turn up to race.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place but can't think of anywhere else other than internet or magazines. I'm thinking I might have to post the last 2 carsets with half grids.

#27 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Sep 27 2013 - 05:22 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Sep 27 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

View Postdeegee, on Sep 26 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

View Postpioujd428, on Sep 26 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Really trying to get the updated 4 non championship carsets out but I keep finding tiny things that need improving. Then I will have another quick look at the last 2 non championship races (still looking for photos by the way) and that will probably be it.

:wave:

Chris

Have you seen these? From 67 Gold Cup

http://www.mikehaywa...67-gold-cup.htm

Thanks deegee but I have. It's the private/lesser known entries that I am really struggling to find anything at all on. They really complete a carset in my opinion. Maybe even more so than the common entries in a way. Just reflects the era a little bit maybe. When you could almost just have a car and turn up to race.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place but can't think of anywhere else other than internet or magazines. I'm thinking I might have to post the last 2 carsets with half grids.

Maybe you could try contacting M Needforspeed, he has an exceptional pictures archive, or have a look at the Aerogi motorsport forum.

#28 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 26 2013 - 10:55 PM

Topic needs to be Pinned ? :)

#29 Brian Speake

Brian Speake

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Herefordshire, UK
  • Interests:Rugby
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 06 2014 - 02:50 PM

Finally installed this and have one small problem, when I copyin the BRM P126 folder to replace the P115 default I still seem to get the P115 judging by replays etc. Files in my 18-SAF/brm folder match the P126 folder supplied, so what did I miss. :up:

#30 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 15 2014 - 02:55 AM

Hmmmmmmm.

You should make it so you have 2 brm folders in the carset. For example I race the P115 so that folder has to be named brm and the other one I rename brm-p126. If I ever wanted to use the P126 I rename that folder brm and the P115 brm-p115. There is no need to overwrite any files.

Also just in case replays will play whatever folder you have active regardless of what car you raced.

Edited by pioujd428, Oct 15 2014 - 03:30 AM.


#31 jonny'o

jonny'o

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 16 2017 - 08:35 AM

my suggestion for a pleasant and fast matra is to use Cooper's base.
thinking along with the matra ms10 Monaco version, with air opening for large radiators.

then this skin is to replace in a car coventry and look like the MS10
You will  be able to change this.

you need to use the base of the Cooper of Guy Ligier to have all base in blue.
another suggestion 'I use the Siffert exhaust which is white and gets nicer

Attached Files


Edited by jonny'o, Sep 16 2017 - 08:37 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links