Jump to content


- - - - -

All those NASCAR classes???


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hezemans

Hezemans

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 09 2009 - 03:57 PM

Could you guy's give me some explanation on all those classes out there? Like: Cup, Cot, NNC, BNS ............etc.
For a rookie from Europa this all is very "blury" to know what is what! If some one can/will give me some explanation on all these classes, would make things more clear! Thanks very much :hat-tip: ........Hez.

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

    Denny Hulme

  • Moderator
  • 862 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 11 2009 - 07:19 AM

View PostHezemans, on May 9 2009, 10:57 PM, said:

Could you guy's give me some explanation on all those classes out there? Like: Cup, Cot, NNC, BNS ............etc.
For a rookie from Europa this all is very "blury" to know what is what! If some one can/will give me some explanation on all these classes, would make things more clear! Thanks very much :hat-tip: ........Hez.

Hi :)

When it was released, NR2003 came with 1 class: Cup, representing the 2003 Winston Cup cars, the major NASCAR level. Then came the GNS (Grand National Series, aka Busch Series) and the CTS (Craftman Truck Series). There is also the PTA (Project Wildfire TransAm).

These series represent the only 4 original physics from NR2003.

The rest are mods that use any of these available 4 physis. For instance: the COT (Car of Tomorrow mod) uses the Cup series physics with nowadays graphics, the NCTS09 uses the CTS seres physics with nowadays graphics and the NNC or the Nationwide mods uses the GNS seres physics with updated graphics.

An exception is the GTP mod, that uses a patched version of the PTA series physics and this is the only mod available that uses a different physics and could be considered as a separate carsim by its own right.

Another exception was the Ferrari 330 and the AD67 mods. They used a modified nr2003.exe file to represent the 1967 Ferrari 330, the Porsche 910, the Lola T70 and the Ford GT40.

Check this link to get an idea of the available mods and some of their variants:

http://www.nr2k3tracks.com/

#3 Hezemans

Hezemans

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 11 2009 - 07:58 AM

Thanks Arturo :thumbup:

#4 josue davis

josue davis

    Jo Bonnier

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 22 2009 - 10:59 AM

View PostArturo Pereira, on May 11 2009, 07:19 AM, said:

View PostHezemans, on May 9 2009, 10:57 PM, said:

Could you guy's give me some explanation on all those classes out there? Like: Cup, Cot, NNC, BNS ............etc.
For a rookie from Europa this all is very "blury" to know what is what! If some one can/will give me some explanation on all these classes, would make things more clear! Thanks very much :hat-tip: ........Hez.

Hi :)

When it was released, NR2003 came with 1 class: Cup, representing the 2003 Winston Cup cars, the major NASCAR level. Then came the GNS (Grand National Series, aka Busch Series) and the CTS (Craftman Truck Series). There is also the PTA (Project Wildfire TransAm).

These series represent the only 4 original physics from NR2003.

The rest are mods that use any of these available 4 physis. For instance: the COT (Car of Tomorrow mod) uses the Cup series physics with nowadays graphics, the NCTS09 uses the CTS seres physics with nowadays graphics and the NNC or the Nationwide mods uses the GNS seres physics with updated graphics.

An exception is the GTP mod, that uses a patched version of the PTA series physics and this is the only mod available that uses a different physics and could be considered as a separate carsim by its own right.

Another exception was the Ferrari 330 and the AD67 mods. They used a modified nr2003.exe file to represent the 1967 Ferrari 330, the Porsche 910, the Lola T70 and the Ford GT40.

Check this link to get an idea of the available mods and some of their variants:

http://www.nr2k3tracks.com/


Wow

Thanks for that info I too was wondering what was what, I live in the US but is still a bit confusing. That clear a lot of questions out.

Thanks to both of you guys :)

#5 Frank_Mueller

Frank_Mueller

    ---

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stuttgart, Germany
  • Interests:Racing Sims

Posted Jul 10 2011 - 03:30 AM

View PostArturo Pereira, on May 11 2009 - 07:19 AM, said:

View PostHezemans, on May 9 2009, 10:57 PM, said:

Could you guy's give me some explanation on all those classes out there? Like: Cup, Cot, NNC, BNS ............etc.
For a rookie from Europa this all is very "blury" to know what is what! If some one can/will give me some explanation on all these classes, would make things more clear! Thanks very much :hat-tip: ........Hez.

Hi :)

When it was released, NR2003 came with 1 class: Cup, representing the 2003 Winston Cup cars, the major NASCAR level. Then came the GNS (Grand National Series, aka Busch Series) and the CTS (Craftman Truck Series). There is also the PTA (Project Wildfire TransAm).

These series represent the only 4 original physics from NR2003.

The rest are mods that use any of these available 4 physis. For instance: the COT (Car of Tomorrow mod) uses the Cup series physics with nowadays graphics, the NCTS09 uses the CTS seres physics with nowadays graphics and the NNC or the Nationwide mods uses the GNS seres physics with updated graphics.

An exception is the GTP mod, that uses a patched version of the PTA series physics and this is the only mod available that uses a different physics and could be considered as a separate carsim by its own right.

Another exception was the Ferrari 330 and the AD67 mods. They used a modified nr2003.exe file to represent the 1967 Ferrari 330, the Porsche 910, the Lola T70 and the Ford GT40.

Check this link to get an idea of the available mods and some of their variants:

http://www.nr2k3tracks.com/


i know, many time is gone since this post . . .

The maker of the TPTCC done 2 more TA based physics for their own races:

GTS readme:
500hp instead of 625hp (@ 70-clear)
Lower RPM range power-band (5000-6000 estimated)
Faster horse-power drop off once out of power band
6900 RPM red-line
3000lb instead of 2800lb
5-speed instead of 6-speed
20 gallon fuel capacity
Minimum front/rear weight ratio 51% to front (front engine)
Less ballast to adjust left/right
Spoiler minimum of 60 degrees, maximum of 75 degrees (hi-drag)
Front and Rear springs have a lower minimum spring rate
Lower Front and Rear ride-heights
Rear Camber is adjustable in increments of .1 degree up to +/- 3 degrees
Steering Ratio now allows settings of 10:1 or greater

TS readme:
350hp instead of 625hp (@ 70-clear)
2400lb instead of 2800lb
5-speed instead of 6-speed
15 gallon fuel capacity
Less ballast to adjust left/right and forward/backward
Spoiler maximum of 60 degrees
Front and Rear springs have a higher minimum springrate
Rear Camber is adjustable in increments of .1 degree up to +/- 3 degrees
Tire wear is reduced to promote double-stints on tires in endurance racing
Steering Ratio now allows settings of 10:1 or greater

All three physics (TA, GTS and TS) are drivable together, so you can drive races with 3 classes like Le Mans or Daytona :thumbup:
The physics are in the EXE file, so you can use this for all TA based mods like PWF-TA, TPTCC, Ferrari 330 P4, AD67, OWR (except GTP) or with tools or by editing the series.def changed CUP, GNS or Truck physics based series.

BUT! This physics were never really public, because F!RST (later iRacing) . . . . (no further comment)
I think many NR2003 fans downloaded this in the short time it was free available and uses this physics at home with great fun and don't talk about :P

Can anybody tell me some data of the Ferrari 330 /AD67 physics?

#6 BrunoB

BrunoB

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark, Jutland
  • Interests:GTP, GTP and iRacing
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jul 13 2011 - 02:53 AM

Thank you Arturo
As allways you are the man when it gets to some basic knowledge about "our" sim.
Thanks too to Frank for the added info about the 2 TA based physics.

I cannot stop thinking that one of the reasons the GTP mod is so loved is because of its special role.
I mean the accepted(!) exe-patch which is working pretty good:-)

#7 Frank_Mueller

Frank_Mueller

    ---

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stuttgart, Germany
  • Interests:Racing Sims

Posted Jul 16 2011 - 03:16 AM

View PostBrunoB, on Jul 13 2011 - 02:53 AM, said:

Thank you Arturo
As allways you are the man when it gets to some basic knowledge about "our" sim.
Thanks too to Frank for the added info about the 2 TA based physics.

I cannot stop thinking that one of the reasons the GTP mod is so loved is because of its special role.
I mean the accepted(!) exe-patch which is working pretty good:-)

I wonder! GTPs are loved by many SIM-drivers, i can hear in several forums. But it's really hard to get enough diver to have a good race! OK, GTP can not be hostet in the SMS Lobby (only CUP, GNS, Truck and TA physics), VROC for GPL/NR2003/GTP does not exist anymore . . . i found no place, where GTP fans can meet others for racing.
In networks like Hamachi or Teamviewer everyone can host without configure the right ports in the router. But how to publish such a meeting point?
I'm really not fast, driving a GTP. I have much fun offline, most driving only in training, and would be glad to race with other Sim racer. But where? :idunno:

#8 Hezemans

Hezemans

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 18 2011 - 02:35 AM

Same here, WHERE???




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links