Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:F1, World War 2
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 31 2014 - 05:26 AM

Hello Guys,

Fairshift or GPLshift as a solution to my question (I prefer Fairshift)

There has been written a lot about both programs but there is one thing I probably have missed. I'm trying to get my Thrustmaster TH8rs working in GPL. I use the shifter together with a Fanatec CSW set. Shifter as standalone (USB). Wheel and pedals can be callibrated and in fairshift I can see my shifter is working. However in GPL after callibrating you can assign wheel and pedals but you also have to assign a button to upshift and down shift. If I assign the wheel paddles to up- and down shiting, I can't use my shifter. If I use the shifter to assign it's not working as a H-shifter but merely as a sequential shifter. (gear 1 is up, gear 2 is down) What do I do wrong. I didn't try GPLshift. I want to use the clutch pedal as well and that one is working. I hope someone has the solution because it's driving me nuts. I had it working with another Fanatec setup but there the shifter was hooked up through the wheel. That worked like a charm. So one option is to get the Basherboard solution to connect the Thrustmaster directly to the wheel. But people here got my setup working so it's possible.

Second question. I'm always driving in cockpit vision, and if I recollect correctly you can change the drivers position in a way that he moves backwards and you can see him shift. Now i only see his arm doing something but not the shifter. I know this is possible, but how do you do this.

Thanks in advance.

Marcel

Edited by Marcel, Jul 31 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#2 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Jul 31 2014 - 08:44 AM

Have you looked at the wiki page to see if there are any solutions to your problem there?

https://bitbucket.or...shift/wiki/Home

I tested for Fairshift when it was in beta and I know stand alone USB shifters will work with Fairshift.  I've never used the released version as I still prefer GPLShift.  I like the other options that come with GPLShift like the FOV adjustment, plus I'm not crazy about the forced time delay that Fairshift uses.

BTW, you can use the clutch with GPLShift and you can enforce the use of the clutch in the configuration file.  At the time I was beta testing Fairshift, there was no way to enforce use of the clutch, but they may have figured that out in a later release version.  I'm not sure about that, though.

Edited by dbell84, Jul 31 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#3 Marcel

Marcel

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Jul 31 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hi Denny,

Will try GPLshift as wel, but the main question is what to assign to shift up and shift down in the GPL callibration menu. No solution in the wiki page.

Edited by Marcel, Jul 31 2014 - 08:53 AM.

#4 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 913 posts

Posted Jul 31 2014 - 08:59 AM

With GPShift, you don't assign anything in the GPL menu.  Once you've patched the exe with GPLShft and set the configuration file how you want, in GPL menu, shift+ will be kp+ and shift- will be kp-.  That's not something I assigned, it happens when GPLShift is set up.

With Fairshift, it's been awhile since I did that testing, but I don't remember having to assign anything in the GPL menu for that either.

If you try using GPLShift, make sure you set your Shifter_Model = 2.USB.  If you use AUTO, it won't recognize the Thrustmaster shifter.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by dbell84, Jul 31 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#5 Marcel

Marcel

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Jul 31 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thanks Dave,

Will see if I have permission to do this tonight... :up:

Edited by Marcel, Jul 31 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#6 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,230 posts

Posted Jul 31 2014 - 06:09 PM

With Fairshift, you have to run GPLShift for starters.  Fairshift only forces a longer pause between gears as far as I know.

It seems that in some cases you have to assign gear positions in Fairshift, but I’ve never encountered that, probably because I’m using the G25 wheel and H-shifter.  In GPL’s calibration menu, I think that you should not have any button assigned to any shifter function – not even shift up/down.

If you need to start over with assigning buttons, try deleting the controls.cfg in your player folder

#7 Marcel

Marcel

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 04:44 AM

Hello Dave, Bob,

GPLshift did the trick. It was USB port 1 instead of two. Drivr position also fiured out with GPLshift so I'm happy. Finally driving this sim again with a massive frame rate. Now I start looking for some ood setups and other mods.

Thanks

#8 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 913 posts

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 07:50 AM

Good to hear, Marcel. Happy driving!

#9 smasha

smasha

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 03:26 AM

Can't get fairshift to recognise the shifter.

May need a PC reboot.

Will try in five more(yes still rocking the mechanical hd here). :tumbleweed:

Shifter is working but is in neutral until I press the clutch pedal which is the reverse of what I need.

Bugger,I will give gpl shift a go.

Edited by smasha, Apr 21 2017 - 04:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links