gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 21 2018 - 08:05 AM

webfoot, THANK YOU for finding these 3 issues with the Gordini AI drivers.  All were small problems that I did not catch within the 3DO files.
Also, thank you for your kind words.  :)

Please give these replacement files a go.  Drop them into your cars55\brm folder.

NEW archive v2 with these fixes also at Post #1.

Attached Files

Edited by gliebzeit, Jan 21 2018 - 08:20 AM.

#92 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Jan 21 2018 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Greg that was really quick work.  To tidy up a little I deleted the "FRE10a.3do" file which I think is now redundant and replaced by "FRÈ10a.3do".  

Tested and looks good :thumbup:   Mr Pilette now sporting numbers and a nice gold paintjob (and numbers for Paul Frère).

#93 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars

Posted Jan 23 2018 - 08:59 AM

Greg.  Noticed one other very minor adjustment that seems to be needed. On the SPA67 event, Perdisa's Maserati is without its #26; I checked the maserati file (eagle) and found a PER26a.3do but no PER26a.mip.  I then searched for a eag26.mip and found one.  I copied and renamed eag26.mip to PER26a.mip and the problem seems to be solved.

This brings to mind a deeper question ... how difficult is it to learn to open up a XXXXX.3do for a car and what knowledge is needed to adjust the 3do for minor adjustments like the one mentioned above (e.g. point to the eagXX,mip instead of the PERXXa.mip)?  A corollary question might be how difficult would it be to copy an existing car XXXXX.3do and adjust it to point to another mip and / or  car number?

The more I get into this Mod the more amazed I am at the level of detail and the attention to historical detail involved in this work of art.      Thanks again, Roger

#94 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Leaving GPL better than I found it

Posted Jan 23 2018 - 09:21 AM

"The more I get into this Mod the more amazed I am at the level of detail and the attention to historical detail involved in this work of art"

Yep... It's effectively amazing... The modeling of each car is absolutely fa-bu-lous !!!

How much love... :)

And drive them... :wow:

Edited by db312, Jan 23 2018 - 09:23 AM.

#95 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,946 posts

Posted Jan 23 2018 - 11:42 AM

Roger_F,

I just now D/L the 55Carsets V2 archive again and examined it to be certain that all of the necessary files are present for the '55 Spa entry of Perdisa in Maserati #26.
Why you might be missing the corresponding mip files for the PER26a.3do is a mystery to me.

Anyway, please check your private messages (in the black bar at the top of the SRMZ page) for message from me.  Thanks!  :)

#96 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,946 posts

Posted Jan 24 2018 - 10:19 AM

One more time on this issue:  "The default player #4 now clashes with an AI car number at several circuits...."

When the 55Mod was being developed we did not anticipate making race-specific carsets.  So, we chose the old stand-by of player car '4'.

You can make a player carskin with another number.  You could, for instance, make a player car #99 by painting a blank (default) carskin with that number and saving the file as XXX99.mip.  Then you would need to make a XXX4.3do file (or modify a default 3do file) that has the 'call' for that XXX99 mip file.  This would give you a different player car with the #99 visually ... but the 55Mod would still list the player car as #4.

G.P.L. can be modded to change the player car number ... but that requires even more work, like making the new player car # files (both mip and 3do) for all car types.  Plus, if you race online, you would need to change back to player #4 for that.

My viewpoint was made clear on that issue.  There is nothing that I am willing to do on that.

I can change the Player car number to something else .... along with making new Player car 3do and mip files with this new number.   That all can be done.  The big problem is that the Player number would need to be changed within the GPL exe file.  That can be done. That would cause much confusion with people trying to login to online races - with two possible 55Mod exe files.  Not gonna happen.

The other method is to change the #4 AI driver conflicts to non-historic car numbers.  Again, I am not going to do that.

The 55 Mod Race Specific Carsets were given to the community to use as they wish.  You may change them using either method described above ... or any way you want.

#97 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted Feb 06 2018 - 07:32 AM

Thailand flag for Prince Bira.

To give Bira his country flag in the 55 Mod Specific Car Sets.  Just drop it into your layout folder.  Note it uses the Ireland flag "slot".

Attached File  irlndflg.pbf   3.02K   11 downloads

CAUTION
This will cause a problem if you have any Irish tracks or drivers.  They will get a Thai flag.  I have checked and AFAIK there are no Irish tracks nor any Irish drivers in any mod.  Well ok I found Denny Hulme in a DrivGT.ini for Brands67 tagged as Irish nationality (in which Graham Hill was German)!
Apologies to any Irish players.  You could replace a different country, but that will take some extra editing.

#98 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,744 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Feb 06 2018 - 08:01 AM

Germany is the nationality of the Car (Porsche), not the Driver :)

#99 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,946 posts

Posted Feb 06 2018 - 08:29 AM

Yes, for the Sports Car Mod we use the manufacturer, not the driver for the nationality flag.  :)

#100 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted Feb 08 2018 - 05:46 AM

Ginetto, Greg,

Having been to many an international  sportscar race I should have clocked that.  :hithead:

Greg
Scanned for any final missing 55 driver photos that ed76 and yourself haven't spotted.  Some candidate photos for Alfonso de Portago (Oulton Park) and in anticipation, Andre Guelfi (Pescara).

Attached File  Alfonso de Portago.jpg   248.34K   16 downloads
Attached File  DePortago Alfonso_image082.jpg   66.48K   19 downloads
Attached File  portago-1956-monza.jpg   45.54K   21 downloads
Attached File  sebring57portago.jpg   26.76K   19 downloads
Attached File  1953hubert-terrier-amc3a9dc3a9e-gordini-andrc3a9-guelfi-raymond-coquart-franc3a7ois-picard.jpg   86.11K   14 downloads
Attached File  F-Guelfi.jpg   34.76K   17 downloads
Attached File  guelfi_2.jpg   16.47K   13 downloads

#101 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,946 posts

Posted Feb 08 2018 - 06:46 AM

Thank you, webfoot.  I will put those driver photos into the processing hopper .... to be made into '55 period pbf files soon.  :)

#102 francesco

francesco

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 12:33 AM

I have revised the excellent work of Greg on Maserati.The work is based on the Maserati already present into the mod to have a more homogeneous cars set.The cars are all Maserati for the specific races.I'm sure and hope that Greg is not offended.If there is something not correct feel free to correct.

Attached Files

#103 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,946 posts

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 11:09 AM

Francesco, I am certainly not offended.  Thank you for your kind words.  You do excellent work, yourself.  :thumbup:

I really like your light-blue coloring for the 'French' Masers.  That works so very much better !
The disappearance of the engine hump on the right-hand side for the '54 cars and the better definition of the louvers is also a huge plus.

The British green colors that you have used, I don't like as much as mine.  They seem to have too bright a greenish-blue hue.
You did not incorporate the wider suspension openings or the 'fake' front springs.
There are some radiator openings that also do not match photos from 1955.  The trident emblem was in place on some cars that you don't have them - and vise versa.

But, all for the GOOD.  You have made a big contribution for the '54 Maser cars !  :)

Edited by gliebzeit, Jul 09 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#104 francesco

francesco

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 10:35 PM

The British green colors that you have used, I don't like as much as mine.  They seem to have too bright a greenish-blue hue.
You did not incorporate the wider suspension openings or the 'fake' front springs.
The green is very similar or the same used for the Vanwall.About the "wider suspension openings" ,frankly speaking i have not noticed it.Anyway i think that could be possible to add it to the cars that require this modification.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links