#1 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 12 2011 - 08:32 PM

Südschleife is finally here!   (In a first test version)

Guess we waited 10 years for this one since the old days of the first add-on tracks for GPL... One of the last 'Big Classic Tracks' missing from the simracing track list.

http://www.rfactorce...?ID=Sudschleife

It's a bit basic, being a BTB track (and a one-man project, not a team job), but it works well. Very nice to drive virtually in a Formula Vee. First lap times are very close to the real-life 1967 Vee lap record of 3.28,2. Good FPS so far, too.

Needs some work (the AI and some textures for one thing), but it's a nice addition.

There are at least two other Nürburgring Südschleife projects in the works AFAIK (one of them for GPL), and I'm pretty sure these may be even better. Good times for fans of classic tracks  :yeah:

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

Edited by Rudy Dingemans, Feb 12 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#2 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Mar 15 2011 - 02:34 PM

Version 1.0 is now released!  Some scenery is improved, some bugs (AI, fuel usage) ironed out and the Betonschleife layout (around the Sudkurve and Nordkurve and start/finish straights) is added.

Also, some third-party add-ons like textures (more muted/natural) have also appeared by now.

Edited by Rudy Dingemans, Mar 15 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#3 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 920 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Mar 17 2011 - 07:27 AM

Great to hear Rudy.  I tried the WIP version and liked the layout.  The visuals were a bit rough, but expected beiing that is was WIP.  I look forward to trying the 1.0 version later tonight. Now all we need is for this to be combined with the converted GPL Nordschleife so we can run the whole 17 plus miles.  :D

Dave

BTW, how is Vecca Valley going?

Edited by dbell84, Mar 17 2011 - 07:32 AM.

#4 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Mar 17 2011 - 12:10 PM

Vaca's coming along mate  ;) The rF track is just about ready, it's the conversion to other sims versions that takes a bit more time than I expected. (I'm working on a second track as well, I'd like to finish both so that I'll have it all done in one go.) Shouldn't be too long though.

There are a few add-ons that have been developed to make the Südschleife look a bit better, mainly little textures and stuff down at F1Classic.

Regards, Rudy

#5 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 920 posts

Posted Mar 19 2011 - 08:02 AM

Good to hear about Vaca.  I'm looking forward to it.  :thumbup:

Sudschleife is pretty good.  The added textures make the track look a lot better.  I was driving the '75 F1 cars there and had a lot of fun.

Rudy, do you know where I can get Solitude for rFactor?  I didn't find it at rfcentral or no grip.  I searched for it and found a German forum that had a link to a beta version, but the link was dead.  Someone, in the comments section for Sudschleife, made a cryptic comment about Solitude "being out there if you know where to look." If you know where I can get it, I'd be most appreciative.

Cheers,
Dave

#6 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Mar 19 2011 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, that was me. As with so many things, you'd have to look at "Modder's Central" aka Ef-One-Classic to find some of the better hidden or privately released stuff. There are two versions of rF Solitude, personally I found the first release better looking. Note, it's still a GPLEA conversion though, so not a high-res track done totally from scratch.

Re. Vaca: If you (also) have RaceOn/Evo or GT Legends beside rF or GTR2 (those I've got installed myself), I could use some beta testers for those versions - like to release those as well but need input from people who have those sims.

Regards, Rudy

#7 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 920 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi Rudy, thanks for the tip.  I found 2 versions of Solitude, one didn't work as I had a ctd when the track was loading.  The other did work, so thank you for the tip.

I do have GTL.  I've never really played it as I got it so I could install Power&Glory.  I can install it on my PC and I would be glad to do some beta testing on Vaca for you. Is there going to be a P&G version of Vaca?  It would go well with that mod, I would think.

Dave

#8 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 01:52 PM

Hi Dave,

Well the track will appear for rFactor and GTR2 (putting final touches on my two tracks at the moment), so with GTR2 it should also work with P & G.

What I'd need is beta testers for GTL and Race07/Evo, since that's the sims I don't run myself but I'd like to publish versions for them as well (why not, right?) Problem is that if you make a track with BTB, the different versions it poops out aren't quite identical, so I'd need to have people check whether the GTL/Race07 versions are ok.

Most 'evolved/detailed' version of Vaca Valley will probably for rFactor though. That's what I mainly use myself and I know how to put some extra animated details in its tracks which I don't know will work in GTR2. It'll be the same track, just with some little extras. All versions will have the road course, with driveable oval and drag strip - on the main straight - put in as well.
GTR2 version should have some animated trackside workers though, which rF doesn't have.
I don't plan to make night and/or rainy versions for GTR2 though (don't think Americans raced much in the rain back then anyway - this will be a track out in the dry fields in the blistering California heat, that's what I aimed for visually anyway).

Regards, Rudy

Edited by Rudy Dingemans, Mar 23 2011 - 01:56 PM.

#9 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 04:13 PM

I have GTL installed and would be happy to test it for you Rudy, just give me a shout if you need me to try anything.

#10 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 920 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 04:18 PM

Is Race07/Evo the same thing as GTR Evolution?  If so, I believe have that laying around somewhere.

Dave

#11 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 05:43 PM

View Postdbell84, on Mar 23 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

Is Race07/Evo the same thing as GTR Evolution?  If so, I believe have that laying around somewhere.

Dave

Yes I think it is because GTR Evolution included Race 07 on the DVD (at least it was on the one I bought)

#12 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Mar 24 2011 - 05:16 PM

Thanks chaps. Yes, Race07 and Evo are basically the same. I'll leave a message for you when I put in the final touches - which shouldn't be too long - and things are ready to be beta-tested for those sims. (In private, of course  ;)

Regards, Rudy

#13 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Apr 16 2011 - 01:58 PM

Gentlemen, the tracks are basically ready so if you want to beta test (and put up some onboard race videos on Youtube since I can't export rF video on my Mac) I guess it's time to step up to the plate   ;)

rFactor versions will come first, then GTR2 and then the (beta testing of) the Race07 and GT Legends versions, that's the plan anyway.

EDIT: Now released. Hokkaido Speed Park (rF, GTR2) and Vaca Valley Raceway (rF, GTR2 to follow) are ready to race.

Regards, Rudy

Edited by Rudy Dingemans, May 02 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#14 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts

Posted Apr 19 2011 - 03:25 PM

I will test it Rudy seeing as nobody else has put their hand up yet. I have never had any interest in making video's though but if nobody else wants to do it, I will try  :idunno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links