• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 23 2016 - 03:00 PM

Can you put extra tracks from GTL or GTR into the Power&Glory game.Is it feasible and worth it?

Just been having fun lately on Race 07.
Put the British Touring Car (BTCC) mods into the game with extra British tracks,like Oulton Park and Croft. Just one problem with that though. Under the BTCC menu tab, for the track lists, all those Brit tracks(about x6 in total ?) are not under that menu tab. Instead some Brit tracks  I installed in the game, are under the extra and add on menu tab.Why I don't know as I thought they would come under the BTCC tab?.I think It could be something to do with  menu data folders that I installed with the mods and in the Race 07 Dir?

But I decided to install Targa Florio,Spa 08,Le Man 08,Monaco 08 and other tracks.
What a blast, especially the Targa track.Down the long fast straight at the back end of the lap(name ?) in a Aston Martin. Wow :drive1:
In Race 07 do you run single seasons or is there a career.?
Any ideas and tips for Race 07 welcome including must have tracks and mods are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Wow and pedal to the metal.
Over and out,waffle over.

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Jul 24 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#2 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Jul 23 2016 - 10:15 PM

View Posttwinpotter, on Jul 23 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

Can you put extra tracks from GTL or GTR into the Power&Glory game.

By P&G, I'm guessing you mean the mod for GTR2 or GTL? I was recently testing tracks with GTR2 mods, that are copies of GPL tracks like Monza, Watkins Glen, Nurburgring, and Targa Florio. Papy's Monza and Watkins Glen worked fine with P&G v3, WSC70, and Group C/IMSA GTP. That got me up to speed quickly since I already had a feel for the cambers and bumps from GPL. I also wanted to make direct comparisons to GPL. The version of Nurburgring that I downloaded, that is supposed to be a copy of GPL's, wouldn't record my lap times and the AIs times it recorded were incorrect. And once the Alfa GTAm 2000 in P&G wrecked my rhythm for the Targa track in GPL, I haven't driven GTR2 mods since.

View Posttwinpotter, on Jul 23 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

What a blast especially the Targa track.Down the long fast straight at back end of lap(name ?) in a Aston Martin.

Buonfornello :)

Edited by JMF, Jul 23 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#3 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,325 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jul 24 2016 - 03:27 AM

Just read the Wiki on Targa. Very interesting stuff. Apparently Helmut Marko(aka Red Bull)called the race madness,but despite that the race didn't have as many fatalities as other endurance races such as the Milia.
One thing I felt on the Targa track in race 07 was it seemed longer than the gpl version.Might be me.I will have to test that.Also in Race 07 it was easier to get out of trouble,if you run wide etc,where as in gpl one mistake and you were buried in the scenery.

Thanks for info !

TP:

#4 weldmetal12

weldmetal12

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:GPL, vintage racing SVRA, tinkering
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 24 2016 - 10:17 AM

Can you put extra tracks from GTL or GTR into the Power&Glory game.

Yes, gtl tracks can be made to run in gtr2 and thus p&g. With a text edit of file extensions .gtl to .gtr and edits in the trk file. MAS = skies central.gtr or something (match a gtr2 trk for example).

I've got a cool little track called mutsuwan (sic) made by Rudy, converted from gtl to p&g, some features are missing, going this route. Many have been converted already.

Looking for something........? I could help with a link.

#5 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,325 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jul 24 2016 - 11:21 AM

Thanks Weldmetal12 for your info and thoughts.

Not sure where I am going to go or install next, but I will have a good think about that ?

Really enjoying this at the moment. My problem is I have lots of sims installed and tend to dive into GPL or another for quite a while,burying my time into one sim and tending to forget about the others.

Time to have another good look at P&G,GTR2 and GTL a little more, as well as others :Meter:

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Jul 24 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#6 Andy Clegg

Andy Clegg

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Long distance sports car racing. Touring cars.

Posted Jul 25 2016 - 08:54 AM

I keep changing between Sims.

#7 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,325 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jul 25 2016 - 12:39 PM

If only I had enough time in the day. Then again if you played your Sims every minute and daily,would it take away your fever for playing.
Plus I have so many,I am spoilt for choice,cant get around to them all and like a kid in a candy shop.

Now I find my Race 07 is Crash to desktop. With the BTCC mod and some tracks. Some experimentation required to find the cause?
According to google search,others with the BTCC,Race 07 mod,have had same issues.

Anyways still smiling !

TP:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links