• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,284 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 28 2011 - 07:03 PM

Our league, VOR, had a GT mod race practice at Hockenheim67 (hockenhm) and found that there were several people who had discos/ctds at or near the Sachs corner (the sharp left going into the stadium area).

It seems that it's the GT mod mostly as this doesn't happen with other mods.

#62 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Oct 29 2011 - 01:02 AM

I think that's an FB file problem; the forward back distance view file is in this case a single line of 1200mt. front and 500mt. back, very bad one if you ask me.
The SC are very high in poly count so in the stadium all those additional polys are drawn and here comes the ctd, freeze or whatever.
With the program FB adjust by Strava you can fix that quickly by changing those values to 600 forward and 300 backward; even if the best thing would be making the FB file 175 lines long (one every 39.01 mt. or so) but that requires a rebuild so is not quick :P
I attach here the changed 3do so you guys can try out with the SC and see if the problem persist.
Ciao! :wave:

Attached Files

#63 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted Oct 29 2011 - 05:54 AM

Thanks!

#64 Gerkoni

Gerkoni

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 05:24 AM

Bob Simpson, on Jun 16 2009 - 11:43 AM, said:

Our league has a list of tracks to be avoided.

High Risk (To be avoided for points races)

Mallory Park - Easter Trophy (mallory)
Montjuic Parque (to be re-evaluated with new version)
Oulton Park V2
Oran Park
Paul Ricard 1988
Sepang
Wigram Airfield 1968 (65mod + 66 mod so far)
Zeltweg 1970

Medium Risk (To be tested in fun races)

Bathurst Mt. Panorama
Blue Mountain (65mod?)
Croft
Daytona RC (freeze is a car cuts in front of you at the chicane: clipping bug.)
Goodwood
Imola
Indy 67
Pic Long
Suzuka

Anyone else know of problematic tracks or have a better idea about the above tracks?

The only one i can hopefully remove from the list is Bathurst mount panorama, as i have already started a revised verion, it will be called Conrod, sub title is King of the mountain, Peter Brock Memorial trophy. It is based on the current layout which includes "the chase" a kink at the end onf Conrod straight and concrete walls all the way around. I live only 10 minutes from the track and I drive it every week for work. Peter brock was a legend winning the 1000km race 9 times, several times driving the whole race on his own before co-drivers became compulsory. As soon as i have a version i am willing to release for beta testing by the public i will be posting it up for advise, comment and some help from the excellent builders on this forum, as its the first track i have tried to complete. I am sure with some help we can get it right for everyone to enjoy.

#65 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,284 posts

Posted Jun 08 2012 - 09:06 PM

I think that we can add Donnybrooke to this list.  Over two days we had many discos and server lock-ups with this track.

#66 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,284 posts

Posted Jan 09 2014 - 10:26 PM

Ginetto, on Oct 29 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

I think that's an FB file problem; the forward back distance view file is in this case a single line of 1200mt. front and 500mt. back, very bad one if you ask me.
The SC are very high in poly count so in the stadium all those additional polys are drawn and here comes the ctd, freeze or whatever.
With the program FB adjust by Strava you can fix that quickly by changing those values to 600 forward and 300 backward; even if the best thing would be making the FB file 175 lines long (one every 39.01 mt. or so) but that requires a rebuild so is not quick Posted Image
I attach here the changed 3do so you guys can try out with the SC and see if the problem persist.
Ciao! :wave:

This seems to fix the Hockenheim problem - Thanks Ginetto

Edited by Bob Simpson, Jan 09 2014 - 10:26 PM.

#67 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 19 2014 - 03:41 AM

updated: Snetterton 67 -> Freezese with 65 and 66 mods and most likely also with other mods.

Ginetto, in case you should ever get bored ;) :D maybe you could have a look?

#68 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted May 19 2014 - 09:29 AM

In Mybroga we raced several times in Montjuic, Sepang and Imola without problems. We usually use another version of Indy (folder "ims") and never had problems there.

The single track in which we had to cancel one race (out of three, each one for a different division) was in Paul Ricard. A real shame because it's a fantastic track to race... Would be great to have some solution for that track (... and a long-straight version... :P ).

Cheers, Marcos.

#69 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,793 posts

Posted Mar 26 2015 - 01:49 PM

Added as fixed :)

Hockenheimring 1967 -> CTDs, Freezes, Discos, ... (various mods)
Fix 1: CTD View Fix by Ginetto: http://srmz.net/inde...t=60#entry68218
(SRMZ thread "Fixing buggy tracks - particularly Indy 67")
Fix 2: CTD Cam Fix by Tato: http://srmz.net/inde...355
(SRMZ thread "Crashtodesktop External Camera 1 Or 2")

to our "GPL Track Blacklist" thread at GPLRACER forum:
http://forum.gplrace...topic.php?id=50

Edited by Stefan Roess, Mar 26 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#70 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside

Posted Mar 26 2015 - 03:32 PM

thank you! :)

#71 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted Mar 26 2015 - 05:32 PM

I'm re-discovering this thread.

Did any other league race on Paul Ricard? I really would like to add that track to the candidates-list for online seasons.

I was looking gplracer blacklist. In Mybroga we raced several times on Clermont Ferrand 65 and Montjuic, and one time (at least myself) in Snetterton67 with F2 mod. In the former two tracks we hadn't problems, so I guess maybe they have just isolated problems. In Snetterton I had a screen freeze but I think I was the single one in three simultaneous races there.
Considering that all those three tracks are great ones and that problems seem to be isolated, I wouldn't let them outside any season due to those problems...

Cheers, Marcos.

Edited by mcmirande, Mar 26 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#72 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,793 posts

Posted Mar 27 2015 - 04:45 AM

mcmirande, on Mar 26 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Did any other league race on Paul Ricard? I really would like to add that track to the candidates-list for online seasons.

I was looking gplracer blacklist. In Mybroga we raced several times on Clermont Ferrand 65 and Montjuic, and one time (at least myself) in Snetterton67 with F2 mod. In the former two tracks we hadn't problems, so I guess maybe they have just isolated problems. In Snetterton I had a screen freeze but I think I was the single one in three simultaneous races there.
Considering that all those three tracks are great ones and that problems seem to be isolated, I wouldn't let them outside any season due to those problems...

Cheers, Marcos.

Hi Marcos

We only had problems with 69 mod (with an older version of the mod, not with the latest 69x version of the mod) at Clermont Ferrand long time ago.
So things might have improved meanwhile.
I think we never had with 65 mod. I also would put Clermont on the schedule again at any time. :)

The problems we had with Montijuic have also been long time ago and only with lower end PCs. I guess with more powerfull PCs of today it shouldn`t be much of a problem anymore.

Snetterton 67 is difficult to say. Sometimes freezes, sometimes not. Anyway I also would put it on the schedule again at any time.

Sometimes it is difficult to say what really causes CTD, freezes, ... for certain mods and tracks. :book:

I have no infos on Paul Ricard. I guess I never raced on that track with GPL. :simmadown:

Cheers
Stefan

Edited by Stefan Roess, Mar 27 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#73 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Mar 27 2015 - 05:34 AM

I raced twice on Paul Ricard quite long ago with 67 and 69 cars, I was crashed to desktop on both occasion.

#74 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted Mar 27 2015 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Stefan and Jani

I'm reading now that Bob also had Paul Ricard in his high risk list... Evidently it should be avoided for online races...

Cheers, Marcos.

#75 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Mar 27 2015 - 11:01 AM

Stefan Roess, on Mar 27 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

mcmirande, on Mar 26 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Cheers, Marcos.

Hi Marcos

We only had problems with 69 mod (with an older version of the mod, not with the latest 69x version of the mod) at Clermont Ferrand long time ago.
So things might have improved meanwhile.
I think we never had with 65 mod. I also would put Clermont on the schedule again at any time. :)

The problems we had with Montijuic have also been long time ago and only with lower end PCs. I guess with more powerfull PCs of today it shouldn`t be much of a problem anymore.

Snetterton 67 is difficult to say. Sometimes freezes, sometimes not. Anyway I also would put it on the schedule again at any time.

Sometimes it is difficult to say what really causes CTD, freezes, ... for certain mods and tracks. :book:

I have no infos on Paul Ricard. I guess I never raced on that track with GPL. :simmadown:

Cheers
Stefan

Yes, I think for Clermont Ferrand,  the problem with the original 69 mod was a question of PC power;

With full grid and all pushed  at Max, I never experienced any problem . And it was with an older software than the one I have now.

Edited by M Needforspeed, Mar 27 2015 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links