#31 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 11:09 AM

Their version of old spa is awfully inaccurate, and they were informed of the mistakes even when the first game was in development. To sum it up, eau rouge / raidillon are based on the modern form.

The same can be said for Rouen, the track width is based on the widened modern roads.

If people here think AC track / car accuracy is bad well PCars is far, far worse. And the worst thing about it is they were told multiple times during development and given examples, research data and resources to back up those claims.

#32 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 11:28 AM

View Postone2fwee, on Sep 26 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Their version of old spa is awfully inaccurate, and they were informed of the mistakes even when the first game was in development. To sum it up, eau rouge / raidillon are based on the modern form.

The same can be said for Rouen, the track width is based on the widened modern roads.

If people here think AC track / car accuracy is bad well PCars is far, far worse. And the worst thing about it is they were told multiple times during development and given examples, research data and resources to back up those claims.

At least old Spa is now in the game, I bought pCars 1 expecting that track and the McLaren M8F and they weren't included :(

As for the Rouen track, didn't their version have a bridge going across the track for the new highway that wasn't there in the 60s? :D

#33 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 04:22 PM

Hahahah yes it did and the back straight was based on the modern width so it resembled a runway!

They seem to have made it more reasonable in terms of width now though https://www.youtube....h?v=CeR1zN9n2DE
It still looks a bit too wide everywhere overall but it's far better than what it originally was.
https://www.youtube....h?v=lcMIQ7POpTY

However I still wouldn't bet on them for accuracy and the attention to detail just seems lacking and slap dash - all the copypaste fences and haybales put down with reckless abandon.

And what's with the random grandstand placed on the outside of Gresil? In real life that would be a disaster waiting to happen!

#34 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,661 posts
  • Interests:racing :)

Posted Sep 27 2017 - 03:14 AM

View PostBorder Reiver, on Sep 26 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

I decided to go for it and I am really quite enjoying it. Did some online racing with some friends from GPL and we had a good time. Old Spa in a Group C car when it comes on to start snowing certainly gets your attention! Also had some great fun in the Formula Fords, or Formula Rookie, or what ever they call it, at Knockhill. One of the guys I was racing with had raced FF at Knockhill in his youth and the other guy's father has a historic FF car that they use, and they both seemed pretty convinced by both the rendition of the Knockhill track and by the behaviour of the car.

Rob

Hi Rob

I guess you were racing online with Stu, weren`t you?

I know Stu of beta testing many years ago. A very good alien driver. :)

According to yours and Stu`s opinion (which is of more value to me than any Youtube video or article :) ) I thing have to buy Project Cars 2 (but atm I don`t have enough disc space left. PC2 needs 50 GB).

Thx!

Edited by Stefan Roess, Sep 27 2017 - 09:37 AM.

#35 Gui

Gui

80's Motorsports Fan

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:The world
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Sep 27 2017 - 08:49 AM

Hahahaha one2fwee and I regularly posted material for reference for pC1 and from the way the first game progressed, it was like everything was dully ignored. pC/rF series have the most inaccurate tracks.

#36 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,661 posts
  • Interests:racing :)

Posted Oct 04 2017 - 06:05 AM

Finally I have bought it and I like it a lot. :)
The simulation of rain is brilliant. With every lap there is more water on the track and the car gets loose on the puddles. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links