3 replies to this topic

#1 chapmac3

chapmac3

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Aug 17 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hey, I am having some issues downloading cars/tracks/patches etc. I think I found the patch needed to install all the new mods (1.2.0.1) and I have installed WinRar to unzip the files. I extracted the patch to the main C:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season Folder but it will not recognize the patch. Also, I have done the same thing with a track and placed that in the tracks folder. The game recognizes the track but cannot load it, I assume this is because the patch is not installed yet. If someone can walk me through this process I would appreciate it, I am excited to get some updates to the game as I just bought it a couple weeks ago.

Thanks!

#2 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 17 2011 - 10:54 PM

From memory you need to extract the patch in its own directory and run it (it might work from the NASCAR2003 directory :idunno: ) Anyway, click on the extracted patch and it should work, then I assume it will recognize the new tracks in game.

#3 Larko29

Larko29

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 18 2011 - 12:22 AM

Chapmac3

It sounds like you may have got some bad downloads not sure where you got the files from but I'd try the file here Sierra

Once you have downloaded the 1.2.0.1 patch you should be able to run it from where ever you saved the file and just make sure that you point it at your Nascar 2003 install generally this would be C:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. It should do all it needs to do with that information.

If your after addon tracks I would take a look at this site, you might have to sign up to a few forums to get some of the tracks though. Link. I'd also recommend checking out Sim Racing Design as they have a pretty active forum for this SIM.

Hope that helps  :hat-tip:

Craig

#4 BrunoB

BrunoB

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:GTP, GTP and iRacing
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Aug 23 2011 - 04:06 AM

View Postchapmac3, on Aug 17 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

The game recognizes the track but cannot load it, I assume this is because the patch is not installed yet.
The reason for this could be as simple as the track is missing the 4 default setups(fast.gtp.jag-Maz)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links