Jump to content


- - - - -

Career Mode


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 12:38 PM

to complete the career mod, I took changing on Tasman 65 to 68 :

1965
TASMAN physics mod 66 basic T (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown , Lakeside )
F1
F3 races  , only Lola is avalaible ( the car slower F3 1966 ) with slower AI
F2 races  , only Lola is avalaible ( the car slower F2 1966) with slower AI

1966
TASMAN physics mod 66 advanced T (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown , Lakeside )
F3 , F2 , F1

1967
TASMAN physics mod 66 (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown , Lakeside )
eastern countries F3  , Sportcars GT , F1 , F2

1968
TASMAN physics mod 66 (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown68 , surfer68 )
"mod 68" , springbocks GT 68

1969
F1

1971
Can Am



it should be also possible to repeat a South African championship 1967 with the mod 66 physics , ( we have Kyalami , Lourenço Marquès , Roy Hesketh , Killarney , missing only Kumallo )

What do you think of this , some sugestions ?

Edited by ed76, Dec 03 2012 - 06:05 PM.


#2 ReneLotus

ReneLotus

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 03:11 PM

I think there already is a Tasman series of carsets available on this forum.
http://srmz.net/inde...h=1

It looks like a nice full calendar

#3 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostReneLotus, on Nov 15 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I think there already is a Tasman series of carsets available on this forum.
<a href='http://srmz.net/inde...h=1' class='bbc_url' title=''>http://srmz.net/inde...de...h=1</a><br />It looks like a nice full calendar

yes , there is a tasman series carset , I wil use it with changes like :
tasman races use 1,5L to 2,5L ,
for Tasman 67,68 , I will use physics 66 ,  to have many 66 engines from 2L to  3L
it's better while the original carset use Physics 67FL ( only 1 engine for all the cars )for other years tasman series , I have not watched yet what physics take

Edited by ed76, Dec 03 2012 - 06:08 PM.


#4 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 03:44 PM

for tasman , it's better to use mod 66 with a special 66 carset with the nice cars of "tasman series carset".
1965 with 66 basic T, all cars have the same engine
1966 with 66 advanced T , all cars have the same engine
1967 and 1968 with normal 66

edit : 1966 : + BRM 2,1L to BRM 2,1L

Attached Files


Edited by ed76, Dec 03 2012 - 03:25 PM.


#5 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 07:38 PM

ed76 : what about the 64 Tasman carset. I've been racing them the last 2 nights. Fun races .
I use the Ferrari with the older style spoke rims. I noticed you don't include them. Could be a
good way for your Player to get his ride in F1.

Attached File  picture001.JPG   80.14K   73 downloads

Any plans for an Interserie Series with the Can Am cars someday for the Career Mode ?

Edited by davef, Dec 03 2012 - 08:16 PM.


#6 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 03:53 AM

for Tasman 64, we can take the same thing for 65
otherwise, I thought to another version, for 64, 65, 66, take the mod 65 in advanced trainer, (that is easier for the carset) , then all cars have the same engine
simulate  5 gears , by the 6th = 5th except for the BRM 2L ( realistic and which allows it to be the best )

but I have not tested this version, I do not know if the laptimes obtained are consistent

#7 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 01:18 PM

new version for tasman séries 65 & 66

Attached Files



#8 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Posted76, on Nov 15 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

to complete the career mod, I took changing on Tasman 65 to 68 :

1965
TASMAN physics mod 66 basic T (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown , Lakeside )
F1
F3 races  , only Lola is avalaible ( the car slower F3 1966 ) with slower AI
F2 races  , only Lola is avalaible ( the car slower F2 1966) with slower AI

1966
TASMAN physics mod 66 advanced T (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown , Lakeside )
F3 , F2 , F1

1967
TASMAN physics mod 66 (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown , Lakeside )
eastern countries F3  , Sportcars GT , F1 , F2

1968
TASMAN physics mod 66 (only : Levin , Wigram , Sandown68 , surfer68 )
"mod 68" , springbocks GT 68

1969
F1

1971
Can Am



it should be also possible to repeat a South African championship 1967 with the mod 66 physics , ( we have Kyalami , Lourenço Marquès , Roy Hesketh , Killarney , missing only Kumallo )

What do you think of this , some sugestions ?

1964
Tasman Cup
Unreleased / in Progress : Sportscars GT

1970 is missing for the player/driver. Did I read somewhere there is  a 1970 Sportscar Mod being worked on for G.P.L. ?

Edited by davef, Dec 25 2012 - 12:04 AM.


#9 Andreh

Andreh

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 03:24 PM

I began with Levin 64. Tweaked the driver.ini to include the Formula junior cars not featured by Keido. Tweked the hype values to make them slower.
Using the 65 physics, the AI gets around Hulme lap record, Im happy with that, but Im not being able to change the race length with GEM, no idea why :(

#10 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostAndreh, on Mar 13 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

I began with Levin 64. Tweaked the driver.ini to include the Formula junior cars not featured by Keido. Tweked the hype values to make them slower.
Using the 65 physics

Formula Junior ? is there a carset I've missed somewhere ? Do you use "basic trainer" for them Andreh ? :hat-tip:

#11 Andreh

Andreh

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 03:50 PM

No Dave. I just swapped the drivers in Keido's drivet64.ini that didnt participated at Levin for the guys in the 1.5l cars(Buchanan, Levis, Flower).
As I have no idea how to designate a certain physic(as basic trainer) to a carset, I just changed the hype to make them "accordingly" slower. Their cars got a 0 number instead of the number from the deleted previous driver, but Im ok with that.

#12 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostAndreh, on Mar 13 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

As I have no idea how to designate a certain physic(as basic trainer) to a carset,

Andreh , have you tried this option:

Attached File  tasman64GEM.JPG   119.54K   51 downloads

Edited by davef, Mar 13 2013 - 05:39 PM.


#13 Andreh

Andreh

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 06:22 PM

No.
If I tick that, wouldnt all cars, including mine, have reduced power?

Not my intention as the 65s 1.5l are already lower power than the 2,5 l of the tasman cup. If there was a way to have pro and trainers mixed in the same grid it could work. but far too complicated for me.

#14 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostAndreh, on Mar 13 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

No.
If I tick that, wouldnt all cars, including mine, have reduced power?

Not my intention as the 65s 1.5l are already lower power than the 2,5 l of the tasman cup. If there was a way to have pro and trainers mixed in the same grid it could work. but far too complicated for me.

Maybe this is what ed76 has intended , but I don't know how to do this  Sorry,  I am not familar with Formula Junior
rules. What size (litre ) were the engines ?

View Posted76, on Dec 04 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

for Tasman 64, we can take the same thing for 65
otherwise, I thought to another version, for 64, 65, 66, take the mod 65 in advanced trainer, (that is easier for the carset) , then all cars have the same engine
simulate  5 gears , by the 6th = 5th except for the BRM 2L ( realistic and which allows it to be the best )

but I have not tested this version, I do not know if the laptimes obtained are consistent

Edited by davef, Mar 13 2013 - 06:41 PM.


#15 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 07:08 PM

for 64, I wanted to start as a young driver with a 1.5 L
So I put a server with the mod 65 cars and I connect to the server with a second PC running in mod advanced trainer.
and drivers who are also 1.5 L  , I apply the same method of reducing their speed by changing the driv.ini

#16 Andreh

Andreh

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 08:18 PM

Indeed, interesting way, but complicated :(

Do you plan to publish your files?

Edited by Andreh, Mar 13 2013 - 08:18 PM.


#17 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 14 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostAndreh, on Mar 13 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Indeed, interesting way, but complicated :(

Do you plan to publish your files?
yes , a little complicated but if you have only one PC , a friend can host a server . .

#18 Andreh

Andreh

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 17 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hey Ed, do you know the utility, GPL career? http://srmz.net/inde...hl=+gpl +career

Not suited for your career structure, but if anyone could get to something similar, at least some general protocol, to make chassis picking a bit more organized and "realistic".

#19 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 05:08 PM

Jonny has created a GPL Seasons Calendar you can use with your player's career for 1965, 1966 & 1967. :)

http://srmz.net/inde...9715#entry96555

#20 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 04:05 PM

you can add the Tasman Challenge 65
09 Jan 1965 > New Zealand Grand Prix at Pukekohe
16 Jan 1965 > Levin International
23 Jan 1965 > Lady Wigram Trophy
30 Jan 1965 > Teretonga International at Teretonga Park
----------------------------------------------------------
14 Feb 1965 > Warwick Farm "100"
21 Feb 1965 > Sandown Park Cup
01 Mar 1965 > Australian Grand Prix at Longford

Edited by ed76, Jan 28 2014 - 04:07 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links