Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:GPL ,Sim racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 13 2020 - 10:31 AM

I found the Peta and Dave Allem version, and that looks the best from what I can see. But i also saw there is a Thomas Laechele update or addon. Is that worth putting in, and If so how do you install the update ?

#2 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Interests:graphic design

Posted Jul 13 2020 - 11:19 AM

I use Thomas Lachele version. It's a but desaturated, others might prefer a more colorful version.

To uninstall an update, delete all 3do, srb and mip files..

#3 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,569 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jul 13 2020 - 11:29 AM

Get the "Complete Track Folder" version here ---  http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=11823

This includes both the '54/'55 conversion and the most up-to-date 60s version.

#4 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,834 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jul 13 2020 - 11:40 AM

When I want to try a track update I make a copy of the track. Install the update and if you like it delete the copy. If you don't like it go back to the copy. You can do this with car updates too. It's the easiest and fastest way to try updates.

Be careful with updating the original 11 tracks. A lot of updates need to start with the original unmodded track. Copy all the original tracks from the CD and save them to use on updates.

btw..Asking what the best is in any mod, track, or car is too personal. We all have different tastes. You're better off just trying what you're interested in and deciding for yourself.

#5 Bsmooth1234

Bsmooth1234

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:GPL ,Sim racing

Posted Jul 13 2020 - 01:21 PM

I'm used to asking for mods in Assetto Corsa, only becasue there are so many versions that are almost unusable. I sort of forget that GPL has been around so long most terrible versions are long gone. Then again for that very reason after being around soo long most people by now have decided what the version they like is the best, I usually just load the most used version anyways.
BTW I thought the Thomas Lachele was an addon for the Pete and Dave version, ?
Can you use GEM to install the tracks or is it still pretty much a manual install?

#6 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 13 2020 - 01:28 PM

Most tracks now come with an installer that puts everything in the proper place and makes the season.ini edits.  But GEM is the best way to add/remove tracks from season files.

#7 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,834 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jul 13 2020 - 01:42 PM

View PostBsmooth1234, on Jul 13 2020 - 01:21 PM, said:

I'm used to asking for mods in Assetto Corsa, only becasue there are so many versions that are almost unusable. I sort of forget that GPL has been around so long most terrible versions are long gone. Then again for that very reason after being around soo long most people by now have decided what the version they like is the best, I usually just load the most used version anyways.
BTW I thought the Thomas Lachele was an addon for the Pete and Dave version, ?
Can you use GEM to install the tracks or is it still pretty much a manual install?

I don't know of a way to install an update with GEM. The majority need you to copy the update to the track folder. A few will have an installer. The tracks will have an installer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links