• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brightspark

Brightspark

Brightspark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Family History Research, Playing Drums in a Band, Travelling, enjoying Life in my old age, and of course - driving the 67 & 55 Mods in Grand Prix Legends.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 20 2022 - 12:23 AM

I'll explain that a bit better.   I have installed the spa67 version of Spa-Francorchamps which works well when running with the 55Mod but when I try to run it with the 1967 cars I get the dreaded "Could Not Load The Track" message.  I have installed the 1967 v1.3 update and the 4Gb patch which is evident in that it loads in 55Mod form - but not so for 1967.   Can someone please suggest what might be going wrong ?
I only have the two GPL installations as yet.  I would like to archive the original Papyrus (spa) track and just use the one (spa67) for both mods but for now I am having to keep both versions, old and new.

#2 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted Nov 20 2022 - 06:01 AM

Not sure why Spa67 will not work with 67 original, but to remove/replace a track in your season.ini use the Gem+/Seasons button to edit your season.

#3 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, MotoGP

let's have a free choice
    Linux

Posted Nov 20 2022 - 07:16 AM

If you use the gplinstall_beta_1.08.exe you don't need 1.3  ;)

Edited by Cookie, Nov 20 2022 - 07:17 AM.

#4 lalb2001

lalb2001

Lasse Albrecht

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:football, F1, motorsports in general

Posted Nov 20 2022 - 01:08 PM

At the bottom of your core.ini, there is the [ Replay ] section where ReplayMemoryOverride sets the maximum replay file size for a session. Among other reasons, a too low value can cause the "could not load the track" problem, though this problem seems to be rather less likely in this case.
A table for reference:
[ Replay ]
ReplayMemoryOverride = 16384 ; (16MB - approx. 19 min.)
ReplayMemoryOverride = 65536 ; (64MB - approx. 77 min.)
ReplayMemoryOverride = 131072 ; (128MB - approx. 153 min.)
ReplayMemoryOverride = 196908 ; (192MB - approx. 228 min.)
ReplayMemoryOverride = 262144 ; (256MB - approx. 305 min.)

I use the value 512000 in my install.

Background applications like Steam that use memory could also take away the memory necessary to run highly demanding tracks such as Spa67, so try closing them. This might still be the fix even though the problem doesn't happen with the '55 mod.

Edited by lalb2001, Nov 20 2022 - 01:10 PM.

#5 Brightspark

Brightspark

Brightspark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Family History Research, Playing Drums in a Band, Travelling, enjoying Life in my old age, and of course - driving the 67 & 55 Mods in Grand Prix Legends.

Posted Nov 20 2022 - 05:49 PM

Thanks to all for your advice and suggestions.  I tried increasing the Replay MemoryOverride to 512MB (I had it previously set at 128MB) but no joy there.  I deleted any reference to Steam from my Hard Drive some time ago ( Ionly had it for Assetto Corsa, but that was so hungry I decided I would need to upgrade my whole system to use it and GPL keeps me happy, thank you very much).
For now it seems I will have to content myself with circulating the great Spa circuit in Vanwalls, Mercedes and Maseratis and all which is great fun but it would be nice to see what sort of lap I could do in a Lotus 49.  Never mind.   Cheers.

#6 Brightspark

Brightspark

Brightspark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted Nov 20 2022 - 05:58 PM

As a P.S. to the above post I forgot to mention that I have the same problem with Targa Florio ('targa") and the Isle of Man Mountain Circuit ("AAIOM").  Neither of these will load in the1967 installation but work with no probleml in the 55Mod.  These two do not concern me at all as I prefer to tootle around these long and tortuous circuits in something a bit slower.   But strange all the same.

#7 entdgc

entdgc

David Cheshire

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Porsche, HiFi, GPL, Walking, Gardening, DIY

Posted Nov 20 2022 - 06:05 PM

When I had a problem with replay length, I had to DECREASE my memory allocation as I did not have enough memory in the PC. Might be worth a try...

#8 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, MotoGP

let's have a free choice
    Linux

Posted Nov 21 2022 - 03:36 PM

The problem comes imo from the "1967 v1.3 update" - it only kills the 67s...
My basic install runs Spa67 without problem.

That's why I asked for the 1.08 installer wich contains all updates and patches needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links