No Sounds At All In Game Mods Only
Posted Mar 26 2019 - 07:56 PM
Posted Mar 26 2019 - 09:16 PM
I never heard of this kind of thing. Usually it's all sounds or none are working.
Posted Mar 27 2019 - 03:33 AM
Check your \sound folder. If all the loose .wav files had gone "missing", leaving just the sound.dat file, then that might explain it.
Otherwise some wierd GPL patching (carsound patch?) or sound driver glitch?
Edited by webfoot, Mar 27 2019 - 03:58 AM.
Posted Mar 27 2019 - 10:45 AM
Have you checked in-game sound setting to see if the volume slider is properly set. Plugin like GPLShift has hotkey (left/right arrow key) to adjust sound volume, it is possible that sound volume is accidentally turned to zero by the hotkey.
There is also a chance maybe game sound is muted in windows sound mixer panel, or maybe some kind anti-virus program blocked game access to sound device.
Posted Mar 27 2019 - 11:00 AM
Things that could be related:
- Have you recently installed new sound drivers?
- Are you using mono or stereo sounds?
Have you read the GPL FAQ yet?
Make a backup of your gpl/sounds folder.
Then delete all files in your gpl/sounds folder.
Install a mod (maybe one you haven`t installed yet, like the 65 mod)
Start the mod.
If you still have no sound delete your sounds folder, then copy your backup sounds folder back into GPL.
Edited by Stefan Roess, Mar 27 2019 - 11:32 AM.
Posted Mar 27 2019 - 04:52 PM
Would it have anything to do with an HDMI output (my video going out from the laptop to triplehead2go), which is competing with the Realtek audio output?
Posted Mar 27 2019 - 07:12 PM
Posted Mar 28 2019 - 10:33 AM
Posted Mar 31 2019 - 10:31 AM
1. Interestingly, when I had the GPL67 (with sound working) open, it appeared in the list of apps as Papyrus window.
2. When I opened a mod (CA71) the Papyrus window was not there.??
3. I followed Stefan's advice once again and backup/delete sound folder and re-install CA71 mod - lo and behold: Sound again!
4. With the mod still running I checked into the app/device sound preferences again, and the Papyrus window was there (I changed the output from default to Realtek speakers).
5. I experimented with re-starting the mod with my headphones plugged in, and with the laptop speakers trying to see a relationship, but it nothing clear emerged. Sometimes it would start with sounds with or without headphones.
Somehow, the mods are not being recognized for sound output.
Posted Apr 12 2019 - 08:36 PM
Thanks everyone for your help - I do learn something new each time things go awry.
Posted Apr 13 2019 - 01:40 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users