#1 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 27 2009 - 07:44 AM

I am looking for a setup for a Shelby GT 350R that will work at Laguna, I am doing 1:50s with the base setup at the moment (after only about a dozen laps) but would like to bring that down a bit if I can, it doesn't really have to be a screamer of a setup because I usually run out of talent before I reach a cars full potential :P

My driving style, I like to hang the tail out a bit on these bigger cars but find that I get a bit of a wobble up by overcorrecting or the back end bites all of a sudden. The problem I have is really not enough practice but I would like a setup that is easy to slide a bit but not too taily.

Edited by Burnsy865, Nov 27 2009 - 04:38 PM.

#2 Aristotelis

Aristotelis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Nov 29 2009 - 01:00 PM

Sorry to read this only now, I hope it is not too late.
I haven't yet tried the car at Laguna, but I can advice you a couple of things that hopefully will cure the problem you have with wobbling and overcorrection.

Use a stiff (higher number) front antiroll bar and medium stiff springs. Use stiff dampers and as much front negative camber as you can.
Use stiff rear springs and stiff compression dampers. Adjust rear rebound dampers. If you have too much oversteer, then make them softer and vice versa.

Finally start with a soft rear antiroll bar and stiff it up gradually if you need the car to rotate more. Keep in mind though that a rear stiff antiroll bar will make the car very nervous on bumps and kerbs.

Finally keep in mind that although the heavy cars like the mustangs, seem to not be able to turn good and need an oversteery setup to go round corners, you will be able to make faster lap times by simply entering slow, having the patience to do the turn at low speed, and then use a slightly understeery setup with lot's of traction that can make you use full throttle at the exit of the turns.

I'll try to do a couple of laps and see if I can get you a decent setup&replay for the track

#3 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 29 2009 - 03:21 PM

:)  Thank You

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links