Ralonso

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 04 2016 - 05:37 AM

Hello Guys, :up:

meanwhile the F1 2016 season I run in with the Renault Team has progressed to race number 05, the Barcelona Grand Prix! If you wanna life the live commented, unedited and thrilling race action, you are invited to take a look on it here: https://www.youtube....h?v=2QOQ3aWYqT0  and enjoy!

:partytime:

#2 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Nov 07 2016 - 10:20 AM

Good stuff, good luck with the rest of the series! :)

Codemasters seem to have finally made a good F1 game :)

#3 Ralonso

Ralonso

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted Nov 07 2016 - 05:09 PM

:thankyou:  You are very kind! The next race will be coming soon and it will be The Grand Prix of Monaco!! :andale:

#4 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Nov 08 2016 - 03:57 PM

Wish I could run the game on my system.
Last edition that runs on my rig is 2014.

Only fault I find with the Cody games is:

1- The AI are too agressive and unrealistic. They bump you up and down the track. Then you get a puncture and or a penalty.What driver would on an open track run into you to overtake(not even Max) Realistically they would wait for the right moment before an attempt and not jeapordize their car or their safety. When I have been a back marker they don't give you time to move on the blue flag.

2- Damage is not realistic like gpl. The slightest clip in gpl and your in trouble. In these games the affect is minimul especially for the AI.

3- You have it on manual pit stop but the game still takes over your car before the pit limiter line. To me that's not full manual like F1 Challenge was were you had to put the pit limiter on yourself.

4- No clutch

5- Still too Simcade

6- They took away practice sessions and left you with one. I think F1 2011 was the last with all the practice sessions. How can old games like GP4 and F1 Challenge have all the sessions and not modern Cody F1 ?

7- No Telemetry (not that I understand it fully) like they had in the Geoff Grammond games.

I liked the task in the old F1 2006 Championship game? on the Ps2 & Ps3 where you had to button interact whilst pitting to imitate the pit crews tasks and efforts to get you in and out quickly. Why not include this again. After all it was the same makers (Liverpool Studios) who made these games.

There are other gripes as well but not going to go on.
I think they have fixed the Clutch and pit stop limiter in the 2016 version but not sure ?
Ye it's great to have a Modern F1 game and its good. But I wish they would not only listen to the users but look into old race sim games,take on board how they did it and transfer some of those ideas,if applicable,to their product.
Stop bringing out half a game and give the sim racing fans what they want and deserve. Stop serving them injustice whilst charging full wack.
I couldn't hold my head up high if I did this to my customers and I hate game makers from the past who have done this with a Rob and stare attitude.

Thanks Ralonso though for an interesting video. Will look out and forward to the next !
TP :

Edited by twinpotter, Nov 08 2016 - 05:34 PM.

#5 Ralonso

Ralonso

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted Nov 08 2016 - 04:54 PM

@Richard "Dick" Seaman

I can quite understand your thoughts over this F1 2016 and all its little lacks concerning real sim features that maybe are missing.

BUT this is under the line not what puts this recent effort from Codemasters beyond good expectations. I agree that you can't deny that there still is quite a potential to improve on many aspects, a whole of them you mentioned yourself above. Even if this is so, this game under the line offers on its hole a vast amount of immersive driving experience, that rewards you if you are ready to jump inside all the stuff this game has to offer.

By the way, thank you for appreciating my videos, it's great to hear so!! :up:

Incidentally, the next video of my career has just been completed, the Monaco GP Qualifying, and you can directly see it by clicking over here: https://www.youtube....h?v=UI204zfX6VI

So have fun and thank you once again!!

Greetings, Ralonso

#6 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Nov 08 2016 - 05:31 PM

I was more criticising Codies F1 games before 2016.
I haven't played 2016, so I'm not sure of the changes and improvements?
Let's hope there is.
Maybe you can tell us of any upgrades compared to let's say the last few editions.
I'm not been too critical or getting down on Codies. I appreciate there effort and product,but feel there is not only room for improvement but should be a more concerted effort to satisfy sim racing junkies. Maybe you can,as I said earlier,enlighten us.
Thanks for the link. Looking forward to the principality that is Monaco. Watch and listen to the F1 cars bouncing off the ornate architecture of Europe's top tax haven.
Thanks again !

TP 😃

Edited by twinpotter, Nov 08 2016 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links