• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:1.Out under dark,steady skies with my telescope
    2.GPL
    3.SPMBT
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 23 2010 - 03:48 PM

When used with the reduced distance 3do and the Voodoo fix,this sub-image increase is my version of obtaining a more consistant frame rate. Other than the start/finish area,Monza10k now has very satisfactory performance the rest of the journey around the track on my older computer.

Attached Files

#17 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 05:25 PM

Monza10k texture update by Thomas Laechele:
http://www.thomas-la.../gpl/index.html

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 17 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#18 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Women
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 18 2013 - 03:59 AM

I downloaded that already some months ago, and have been enjoying the track immensely ever since. The graphics are stunning and fairly soft on the FPS. Would be awesome if these graphics could be carried over to the several other Monza versions. Thomas did a superb job there, brought Monza to life with this update.

A lap I recorded in Fraps. Graphics look slightly better in game, I haven't gotten Fraps to properly record videos yet:

Edited by Miguelito, Jan 18 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#19 burt

burt

burt

• Supporter
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Interests

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 05:54 AM

I too would love to see these amazing textures carried over to the regular Monza.

Along with the upcoming new Spa, soon to be updated Ring, Mosport Rain, updated Kyalami plus all the others we would have the complete 67 set as historically good as they could be.
Saying that I just remembered Bugatti hasn't had an update lately, although someone was talking a while back about Le Mans getting a makeover so who knows........

Burt

#20 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dirt Rally, watching real races, modeling

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 06:51 AM

Thomas Laechele is a real artist, but his work is mostly "underground", like a gem to discover maybe.
I have most of his updates installed (don't have all the tracks), the textures are almost as - or even better - than modern sims imho (taking in account that GPL graphics engine is very old obviously). Don't forget his cars textures; I have the Lotus update (ver. 1.4 if I remember well, but newer version is available too), and I remain simply astonished every time I go with that car (no, I don't exaggerate). And I can confirm that despite some big files the updates are not fps-eater, even on my 7 years old PC (but I suspect that low fps depends mainly on 3D models charged on the CPU rather than 2D textures files).

#21 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dirt Rally, watching real races, modeling

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostMiguelito, on Jan 18 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

A lap I recorded in Fraps. Graphics look slightly better in game, I haven't gotten Fraps to properly record videos yet:

Please, where HDR effects button is? I can't find it in the menu nor in GEM+ options, LOL :D

#22 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostMiguelito, on Jan 18 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

... Would be awesome if these graphics could be carried over to the several other Monza versions. ...
They work at mnz1000k :)

#23 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for the info Ginetto, I'll try that out tomorrow! I have to say though, as I don't want to sound disrespectful towards the amazing work you have done by creating the 1000km version: Thomas's textures are amazing, the graphics of your version are some of the best in Grand Prix Legends as well.

#24 sky

sky

ultra highres junkie & 917 addict

• Members
  • 1,549 posts
  • Interests:travel, music, racing, vintage cars, model cars

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 12:24 PM

the only point where highres texture get to be fps "eaters" is when the amount of textures (their size in mem) exceeds the amount of texture memory your gfx card has. you can somewhat gauge that by the size of the dat or the size of the mips in a folder combined. i noticed additionals hiccups when i was crossing that line with my own experiments :).

#25 colepole

colepole

Jack Brabham

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 01:09 PM

Can anyone point me to the "no pitlane spectators patch"

Quite hard to see any other cars in the pitlane while they are hanging about.

we have a race there this week end ... thats the main reason

Regards Col

#26 Atlantique

Atlantique

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:F1
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 29 2013 - 08:58 AM

Could you re-upload the track? Download link on GPLTD is broken. Thank you in advance.

#27 Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:music sports car racing astronomy

Posted Dec 14 2017 - 01:55 AM

AI use on-track as pit lane (Curve Grande side of front straight) and run short of fuel in races. This happens after one or two times loading the track.

Is there a fix for this? I tried re installing the track but the AI and player car using incorrect pit lane happened again after running the track a few times.

All modes seem to do this.

4:40 AM Edit: Not all mods! F2, WSC and 69X have this issue. 67F1, Can Am 66 and 71 are OK. (But Can Am 71 AI are slow)

(This is one of my favorite tracks. Love it!)

Thanks.

PH

Edited by Paul Harwood, Dec 14 2017 - 03:45 AM.

#28 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• Supporter
  • 2,301 posts

Posted Dec 14 2017 - 11:23 AM

The pits location is determined by the track.ini.  In my installation, I have a track file for the 66 GP, 67 and 55 cars and they all look good with the pits located at about -16.0 for everyone, where negative means on the right hand side.

I don't know how your track.ini might be getting corrupted, unless you've altered or deleted the main AI files > gpl\driv66.ini, gpla66.ini etc, for example, for the 66 GP mod

The track.ini files that I can find in this thread (there aren't many) look OK. What ones did you download?

I wonder if you have an anti-virus software that is flagging those files.  Make sure to add exceptions in the anti-virus and firewall settings if you use that.

Edited by Bob Simpson, Dec 14 2017 - 11:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links