- - - - -

Pribluda Doesn't Work With New Rasterizers?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 17 2017 - 02:43 AM

According to GEM I'm using the D3DV2 rasterizer.  Just downloaded and reinstalled Pribluda, nothing appears in game;  pribluda.log has:

Starting pribluda 1.1.1.0
found GPL (gplc55.exe)
GPL is v1.2.0.2
GPL is US
playerini is: plac55.ini
can't find a supported rasteriser
exiting...

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 17 2017 - 08:38 AM

You are using a very old Pribluda!

pribludav1121 is the actual version for the V2 rasterizer

View PostNicklaas, on Nov 22 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

You need Pribluda version 1.1.2.1. I advice you to read this http://srmz.net/inde...topic=5835&st=0 it helped me a lot so i am sure it could help you too. Anyway i don't have W10 But W7.

#3 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted May 17 2017 - 12:31 PM

Lol, someone needs to update the pribluda site;  this "old" version is the download there.  Thanks for the link.

#4 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted May 17 2017 - 01:03 PM

Well, this is a fiasco.

Installed that version, enabled in GEM, game loads, when I go to the track there is a brief (maybe one frame) glimpse of the track (with pribluda data visible) then a black screen with hourglass cursor (can hear engine idling, doesn't respond to throttle) and an application error ("the instruction at.... referenced memory at...").  Must invoke task manager and kill the process.

Unchecked the pribluda option in GEM, it rebuilds the exe, same result.

Even worse, removed pribluda entirely, GEM rebuilds the exe ....and the same thing happens.  Deleted the gplc55.exe, GEM rebuilds it again, same result.  And in that brief flicker of the track before crashing, pribluda data is still visible.

#5 Warren Hall Jr.

Warren Hall Jr.

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff

Posted May 17 2017 - 02:05 PM

We may need more info. Such as the win version and pc hardware and the monitor info.

#6 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted May 17 2017 - 02:41 PM

Have you deleted all pribluda files before the change manually?

#7 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted May 17 2017 - 04:43 PM

All pribluda files removed, including xml.  Deleted gplc55.exe, the only exe in use during this.

Situation even worse now.  Trying to start GPL gives a black desktop, cursor shoots to upper left corner and stays there, task bar has tab for "papyrus window".  Can't ALT+TAB away, must resort to three finger salute and kill process.

Addendum:
Happens with all mods and default.  If I repeatedly left click the mouse will eventually get control of the cursor again, but it's an hourglass till moved over the task manager window.  Desktop doesn't always go black.

Edited by jgf, May 17 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#8 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted May 18 2017 - 01:39 PM

Continuing saga.  Searched all ini and cfg files for corruption, searched for any files dated the past couple of days (no idea what pribluda edits);  found nothing amiss.  GPL now throws application error from any exe, including default;  must kill from task manager.

Backup copy of game, basically default, works.  Delete default exe and all mod exes from playing install, copy exe from backup to playing , it works.  Start GEM, it rebuilds mod exes, they throw application error, default exe still works.

#9 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,404 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted May 18 2017 - 11:31 PM

Maybe antivirus is troubling your install?

#10 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted May 18 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostMECH, on May 18 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

Maybe antivirus is troubling your install?

Never has previously, using Panda for nearly three years.  Coincidentally, switched to Avast today (Panda dropped in rankings, plus started continually triggering firewall popups which often interfered with games ...imagine having your race suddenly minimized because your firewall wants to know if your AV is allowed to contact its home site);  but GPL is still misbehaving, unless I want to play the default game.  Also DEP has been disabled since the first week I had this system.

Everything was working fine until I installed the new pribluda, removing it hasn't helped, and I suspect some interaction with GEM is causing the latter to now corrupt the new exe files.  FWIW, the application error is that generic "the instruction at ... referenced memory at .... ".

#11 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,622 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted May 19 2017 - 01:04 AM

I think you need to do a fresh install with GPL installer 1.08 which has the right pribluda on.
Just rename your GPL folder before to start and keep it as a backup and start to move all the tracks, driver and other tailored bits to the new one once you see that the new one is working properly.
I think it worth a try, takes 5 minutes to install. :)

#12 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 02:37 AM

Ah, if all else fails ... reinstall.  Lol.  Always hated doing that because I learn nothing.  No doubt a new install will work, my backup copy still works, and my main copy will work as long as I just double click gpl.exe.  Have the installer, must rummage for GEM to reinstall it, then copy over about 16gig of GPL (that's after cleaning out a couple of mods, about 150 meg or so of unused/alternate sounds, and over a hundred tracks last year).

All this merely because I wanted a gear display on screen.

#13 Alter

Jochen Rindt

• Supporter
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted May 21 2017 - 09:25 AM

Gentlemen
The above discussion on Pribluda raises a question: I really do love its functionality but racing more than 5 AI slows down my rig to a FPS range that makes a smooth driving impossible, whereas I can race 20 AIs without pribluda or just using times, unchecking playerboard, leaderboard and trackposition. I can imagine this problem could be solved by reducing the update (refresh) rate of the screen display. Does anyone know how to change that per example via a hex-editor?
Thank you for any advice in advance
#14 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted May 21 2017 - 10:46 AM

Alter, the main problem with pribluda and GPL is the writing of the fonts.
Each time a chat or other message is written in a race there is a glitch, even on strong systems,...

First make shure your CPU runs on full speed and the GPU recognizes a 3D application!
Try the opposite V2 rasterizer - D3D vs OGL. (For me OGLV2 is best...)

If nothing helps just switch off some of the pribluda info ;)

#15 Alter

Jochen Rindt

• Supporter
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted May 22 2017 - 08:25 AM

Hi Cookie
Thank you for your hints. To the last item: Switching off some of the pribluda info is what I tried yet. But the very uselful trackposition display for its own slows down the system, not the times or temp displays.
Using different rasterizers will be tried and reported. The GPU (AMD Radeon 6800 series) uses 3 D and AMD optimizations. The fans increase their rpm using GPL remarkably.  My CPU (Intel core i5-2400 x 4 @ 3,1GHz) seems to run at full speed. Know a tool to check that, maybe with windows functionality?
Gonna test your suggestions, thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links