• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music & Guitar playing
    Hockey, golf, F1 & downhill skiing
    Foto & film
    and GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 02:58 AM

Years have passed since I did this successfully so I know it should work. As I did some personalized cars I then captured each one of them from the 'close by side view'. As I remeber I just open a replay and selected the right angle of view and did a normal ScrnDmp (on PC 'Alt + Print Scrn'). Now I did the same but the result is allways a dump as is view 'TV1' was active? Like the subject for a dump can't be controlled by users choice of view? I've done lots of those back then but every try now fails - allways a less detailed image from a TV view? Feel stupid... ...please enlight me?

#2 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, games, languages

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 06:17 AM

I use Bandicam for screenshots and video capturing. PrintScreen button saves my desktop :)

#3 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 07:11 AM

Sorry but a bit of hijacking the thread here. Apologies 🤭

When using recording software, ie Bandicam or other, I've heard that each recording takes up a lot of space on your computer. Even say one lap of a chosen track can be in gigabytes?

Does anybody have any figures regarding this. For example say 5 minutes recording equals so much hard drive space.

Thanks 👍

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Sep 03 2020 - 07:13 AM.

#4 MickeK

MickeK

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 167 posts
    Foto & film
    and GPL

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 10:34 AM

Not that interested in third party software here. I hoped for someone to solve the 'mystery' why GPL at the moment seems to decide that the screendump isn't what I actually see from close up side view. Instead the screen that would have been captured from the TV1 view is the outcome of the Alt-PrintScrn commande. I KNOW (as I have many old scrndmps saved) that I didn't have any problems to set the GPL Replayer from my desired view and capture the 'shot' with PrntScreen. But I gave up after the fifth try.

Windows has its small tool, a poor translation from swedish would be 'Screen cut Tool (don't know the label in english systems). I use it on daily bases as it's perfect to save temporary facts here and there. But when GEM+ launches GPL it's impossible (at least to my knowledge) to start Win apps as both operation and screen is focused on GPL only.

Well, if there's no answer to why things have changed I guess there's nothing to do. Perhaps someone know and answer later :).

#5 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 12:27 PM

the third party software is the only way to go, the old method or windows tools dont work anymore with GEM ect , myself i use Fraps  for the screenshot , i only use the free trial version  not good for movie but work fine for screenshot

#6 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 12:44 PM

If you are on Windows 10 then you can try the Xbox Game Bar.

WindowsKey + G to activate it.

WindowsKey + Alt + PrintScreen to take a screenshot

#7 MickeK

MickeK

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 167 posts
    Foto & film
    and GPL

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 04:11 PM

Well, the Alt+PrntScrn DO work (without any extra bar). The thing is that i dumps a different screen than was on screen so to speak. That's the strange thing and it must have something to do what GPL 'report' to the commande what pixels to save. It then find a pic that would have been out if user had choosen TV1 view instead of what user really had selected and look upon. I think I drop it. It worled well a couple of years ago, now something is changed we probably don't find an answer to. But I can try the work around with the Game Bar. Even if I suspect the result will be the same. Same command runs as I already performed :)

Edited by MickeK, Sep 03 2020 - 04:21 PM.

#8 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,233 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 04 2020 - 06:31 AM

I've used the Win10 Xbox Game Bar to make pretty decent movies recently, there's no reason why it shouldn't work well for screenshots too. I hope it solves your problem MickeK. :crossfingers:

#9 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,774 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 04 2020 - 04:00 PM

And if you have an Nvidia graphics card you could maybe also be able to use the screenshot feature of Nvidia Ansel.

Edited by Stefan Roess, Sep 04 2020 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links