Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Mar 09 2019 - 07:24 AM

View PostLord, on Mar 06 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

To be honest, I remeber that car to be quite different: in the mod it hasn't got the right curves and proportions, from some angles looks like a cheese grater. A bit more time in refining those and we could be speaking of it in whole different terms.
In a way, reminds me of a lazy (as in "without researching for real photos") attempt in trying to convey the "petiteness" of that car. That was everything but little, slightly smaller than the rest, but not in a way more akin to a Morris Cooper.
[..]

Well It seems that looks can be deceiving :) As stated before the BT24 is almost a 1:1 replica of the real thing. As for the Ferrari you might have a point, as Kunos has used the 1968 tub for reference and that's the model the modders used as well. On another forum there was a topview of all the cars posted, giving some scale reference... That BT24 isn't that small...

Posted Image

#202 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, Football (Soccer), Grand Prix Legends and rFactor
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 10 2019 - 04:33 AM

View Post4ph3x, on Mar 09 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

Well It seems that looks can be deceiving :) As stated before the BT24 is almost a 1:1 replica of the real thing. As for the Ferrari you might have a point, as Kunos has used the 1968 tub for reference and that's the model the modders used as well. On another forum there was a topview of all the cars posted, giving some scale reference... That BT24 isn't that small...

Look at the girth of the Repco and the body, the nose too: way too slim. (Yes, it's not the original blueprint, but Ozpata made it from the original blueprints, so it does count).

Posted Image

#203 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,528 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Mar 10 2019 - 11:30 AM

View Post4ph3x, on Mar 09 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

Posted Image
Are the models in this picture 1/43 die cast or AC cars worked on?

Edited by M Needforspeed, Mar 10 2019 - 11:32 AM.

#204 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, Football (Soccer), Grand Prix Legends and rFactor

Posted Mar 11 2019 - 04:14 AM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Mar 10 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Are the models in this picture 1/43 die cast or AC cars worked on?

The cars look like some rework of the GPLEA ones, barred Ferrari (AC Red Pack), Brabham (original), Lotus 33 (Which is a 25 with bigger tires), Matra MS5 (Ripped from RF2).

#205 4ph3x

4ph3x

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Mar 17 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostLord, on Mar 10 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

Look at the girth of the Repco and the body, the nose too: way too slim. (Yes, it's not the original blueprint, but Ozpata made it from the original blueprints, so it does count).

Posted Image

Hmm, doesn't seem off that much. I have more faith in laserscanning than online 'semi blue prints'

Posted Image

Edited by 4ph3x, Mar 17 2019 - 09:45 AM.

#206 4ph3x

4ph3x

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Mar 17 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostLord, on Mar 11 2019 - 04:14 AM, said:

The cars look like some rework of the GPLEA ones, barred Ferrari (AC Red Pack), Brabham (original), Lotus 33 (Which is a 25 with bigger tires), Matra MS5 (Ripped from RF2).

Hmmm, these don't look like GPLEA to me at all:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#207 samuelw

samuelw

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted Mar 21 2019 - 10:37 AM

Watkins Glen 1967 has been released for AC.  Trackout layout comports with track map on the Stats F1 website.  Scenery looks different from GPL but road surface is good.  Anyway another period track for mod in question.   Must say blasting over the crest into Watkins Glen turn 1 in VR (while trying to look smooth turning and braking at the same time) is invigorating.  : o  There's also now an open beta (F1 1500 mod) consisting of the Lotus 25, Ferrari 156 (Sharknose), Cooper T55, Porsche 804, and also the Ferrari 158.  I think this mod is even more fun than the AC GPL67 mod.

Apologies to GPL faithful.  Only good enough reason to play other than GPL is VR.  VR is a biggie for me.  I drive drive better with VR and the immersion is better.  Can't go back to non-VR sim.

#208 4ph3x

4ph3x

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Mar 27 2019 - 03:23 PM

View Postsamuelw, on Mar 21 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

There's also now an open beta (F1 1500 mod) consisting of the Lotus 25, Ferrari 156 (Sharknose), Cooper T55, Porsche 804, and also the Ferrari 158.  I think this mod is even more fun than the AC GPL67 mod.

Apologies to GPL faithful.  Only good enough reason to play other than GPL is VR.  VR is a biggie for me.  I drive drive better with VR and the immersion is better.  Can't go back to non-VR sim.

The 1500's are an amazing experience in VR on the newly released Deutschlandring by Fat Alfie. It really feels like timetravelling, I've must have hit 88 somewhere before ;)
I read somewhere that the amazing Sergio Loro has nearly completed the Sudschleife for AC as well, that should be a blast!
https://www.youtube....h?v=J02rcdwXxY4
Posted Image

#209 samuelw

samuelw

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted Mar 30 2019 - 02:14 PM

Saw video of Sergio's wip Sudschleife.  (Don't have link)   All the 62 season tracks, at least the ones counting for the championship, are available in AC. (Well I admit the available Rouen is interesting in terms of 1962.)

#210 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Mar 31 2019 - 08:16 AM

View PostLord, on Mar 10 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

View Post4ph3x, on Mar 17 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Hmm, doesn't seem off that much. I have more faith in laserscanning than online 'semi blue prints'

Posted Image

This blueprint suggests (to my eye at least) the truth may be somewhere in the middle......

Attached File  BT24.jpg   131.08K   19 downloads

Edited by webfoot, Mar 31 2019 - 08:29 AM.

#211 sergioloro

sergioloro

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 310 posts

Posted Apr 20 2019 - 03:40 PM

Eifel Sudschleife and Betonschleife are ready to drive.

https://youtu.be/eZLpGRCGLQg

You can visit www.f3classictracks.com and check out download links :)
enjoy it
cheers

Sergio

Edited by sergioloro, Apr 20 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#212 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Check out my channel for some nice GPL content :)

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Looks like a fun truck to try out?
Wasn't this track being built for GPL, specifically the F2 mod? I have heard nothing about it in a long time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links