JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 06:47 AM

Both in the original GT Mod and this new Extra version, I find that I never seem to have enough braking power. To explain, what I mean is that even if I slam my foot straight to the floor the wheels never lock. I've tried changing the brake balance, but the only way I can lock up is if I downshift very aggressively as I brake - then I get a momentary lock-up. So it feels as if the cars have all been fitted with brakes that are too small for the car, if you see what I mean.

Do other people find the same when they drive the GT cars?

(Also, I have never noticed experiencing the 'brake lock bug' that other drivers talk about.)

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,034 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 08:41 AM

No, not the same here!

I pretty well know the brake lock bug of the old GTs, when you come downhill at Clermont in the hairpin and the brakes lock...

The SCX has better tyres, more grip, but at Mulsanne with the MK4 you get the front locked by full flooring the pedal. Brakebias 52 here.

Maybe your calibration of the pedals is not correct, just use DXTweak2 to control it ;)

PS

Just made a short vid of the situation, but rpy does not show skid marks...
But you can hear it!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/sjbs65

Edited by Cookie, Jan 02 2019 - 09:14 AM.

#3 ducwolf

ducwolf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Ducati riding,GPL, GPL sounds, GTP, guitar

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 11:59 AM

Jonny, there might be something wrong with Your settings ??? Or it is caused by the usage of sims/mods with lighter cars !?
I only made the sounds for the mod, but I noticed with much joy and interest what the physic team
has done with the car handling and the brakes, that where indeed a bit critical in the original GT mod.
And it was a reason to make the SCX mod.
I must say, that I never had the experience of realistic behaivour during braking - even in corners up to the apex -
in a way this mod's physics shows. I even had no time to make variations to the default setups.
My G25 brake pedal has a rubber fitted to simulate brake pressure. And the brake pedal is adjusted with the joystick calibration
in the GPL options menue to the pedal travel that is possible with the the rubber. This is IMHO essiential for a proper controler setup
and maybe a good recommondation for You. Even locking the brakes is possible, but dosing the brakes is simply great.
I'm exited about the braking behaivour of the SC extra mod because for me it recalls rl experiences on race tracks.

If I may say so as team member, the physics and brake simulation are the best I have experienced in any sim and I hope You find a way
to make the same experience.

edit:
If You never noticed the brake lock problem, there might be not enough responce by Your brake pedal.
Do You have full values when You calibrate the axis for Your brake pedal in GPL otions menue ?

Edited by ducwolf, Jan 03 2019 - 03:01 AM.

#4 rcb

rcb

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 118 posts

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 12:18 PM

Is it something simple like inadvertently having "braking help" turned on in GPL's options?

#5 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,389 posts

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 03:33 PM

Don't forget that whenever  you create a new driver name, it defaults to using the Basic Trainer with all the driving aids, like braking help" on.

#6 JonnyA

JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 04:02 PM

I'm pretty certain I have deselected braking help, but that would explain it so I'll check.

#7 JonnyA

JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted Jan 04 2019 - 04:10 PM

Nope, didn't have braking aid on. Had brake balance right down at 53% too. Maybe I need to push that further.

#8 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jan 04 2019 - 04:46 PM

Plus, these cars were not nimble F1 cars.  They were all heavier ... and had to contend with similar brakes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links