Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing, WW2 flying and real Golf
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 28 2018 - 03:38 PM

I have the gpl demo among my many gpl installs. It is in french I think.  Is their an easy way to convert it to english? It has some neat features.

#2 SV3000

SV3000

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:AssettoCorsa,rFactor2,LiveForSpeed,Race07

Posted Aug 28 2018 - 05:12 PM

hi, I just done some testing on the english demo (the 1998 original), it works, you might wanna try as well, since it doesn't require to match any gpl.exe version.

First, install your demo somewhere, then go here ( http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=2621 ) and download the file GPL_v1.2.0.2(US)all-in-one_2.3_patch.exe (this patch file contains standalone updated exe).
Second, double click GPL_v1.2.0.2(US)all-in-one_2.3_patch.exe and start installing, when it asking GPL location, point it to your demo folder, and once finished install, check No, I will restart the computer later and close.
Third, you need install Nigel's New Rasterizers found here ( http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3727 ), download the gplrast_v2.5.rar file and extract and run gplrast_v2.5.exe, also pointing install location to your demo folder.
Fourth (might be an optional step), go to your demo folder and find app.ini and open it with notepad, change rd3d7v2.dll to roglv2.dll and save.
And next step will be either running the game, or patching the 67 patch, and GEM+ etc.

Hope this helps.

Edit: game interface might not be translated this way, can't be sure. But one thing I'd like to mention, the only 2 major differences between demo and CD version, are the missing 10 tracks and game video if I recall correctly.

Edited by SV3000, Aug 28 2018 - 05:34 PM.

#3 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • 2,457 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Aug 30 2018 - 07:38 AM

Ou bien, utilisez la Démo GPL 2013 et faites un dossier de saison des circuits de course Français et utilisez le programme Translator pendant vos vacances.

Or, use the GPL 2013 Demo and make a season folder of French race circuits and use translator program while vacationing there.

"Pilotes, démarrez vos moteurs! S'll vous plaît, faites-le par T1 sans vous écraser!"

Like the 2013 Demo also, Pawgy.
Mainly because its in French and to me that is an entertaining feature.
Its fun because I am not used to it...takes me out of place.
What special features do you like?

As SV3000 notes in detail many of us have forgot, installing the 1998 Papy Demo is a lot of work that is not required with the 2004 or 2013 Demos.

Used Bing btw to make this post.

:D

Edited by John Woods, Aug 30 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#4 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Aug 31 2018 - 12:51 PM

You're beginning to talk funny John.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users