Player Damage Not Working
Posted Mar 13 2018 - 02:16 PM
Posted Mar 13 2018 - 04:13 PM
Posted Mar 13 2018 - 04:15 PM
Posted Mar 13 2018 - 04:47 PM
Posted Mar 14 2018 - 08:38 AM
Posted Mar 14 2018 - 08:40 AM
Just kidding, I have no clue why you get no engine damage.
Edited by Stefan Roess, Mar 14 2018 - 08:40 AM.
Posted Mar 15 2018 - 03:45 PM
Anyone got any ideas? I feel a total fraud driving at the moment, but I don't want to face the hassle and risk of a full re-install.
Posted Yesterday, 11:06 AM
- Try creating and using a new player. Maybe your player.ini is corrupt in some way, even if it doesn't look it.
- Untick/disable all patches in GEM+2. Possibly some combination is corrupting the exe. Maybe even temporarily remove them from the options folders to be sure. As you already know, delete the exe to ensure GEM rebuilds it.
- Try running the exe directly (not within GEM+2)
- If none of the above helps, then I would go back to the most basic, unpatched GPL.exe possible. Take it from the CD and add the official patches if you need to.
- The above would rule out as far as possible the exe, patches and your player. That might point to something environmental. Can't think what might cause it butit might be worth turning off anti-virus/malware in case that is messing with the patching process.
Posted Today, 09:43 AM
I created a new player, with the default settings, but it made no difference. I also deleted all the .exes, and tried running them direct instead of through GEM, but again no effect.
But I have found that engine damage seems to be there on some Carsets, but not others.
Carsets with damage: 1967 (original), 1966 Can-Am, 1971 Can-Am, 1969-extra, 1967 Sportscars, 1966 F1, 1967 Tasman, 1968 Tasman
Carsets without damage: 1955 F1, 1965 F1, 1967 F2, 1965 Tasman, 1966 Tasman, 1967 Historic V2 - all carsets
I did see one engine blow-up in the 1967 F2 Mod, but couldn't get it to repeat. Same with 1965 F1 using the Honda. So the effect is inconsistent, which is very frustrating.
I've put quite a lot of effort into making a lot of small adjustments to my carsets (e.g. 1965 F1) and I'm reluctant just to try deleting them outright and re-installing. Does anyone have any further suggestions I could try? Really appreciate it.
Posted Today, 03:59 PM
Posted Today, 04:13 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users