19 replies to this topic

#1 kommando

kommando

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Jul 09 2010 - 02:16 PM

I have upgraded my PC after many years, so fired GPL up and instead of 15 to 20 FPS I can get 60 FPS with full detail :thumbup:  . So armed with my new toy I went looking for the circuits high on detail, tried Jim's site for Dundrod but the links don't work even with a hidden IP address, as a previous post said that was a cure, the emergency backup site is now a site for ads. Is there another mirror site available.

Cheers

#2 ptmac3

ptmac3

Monza Gorilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 09 2010 - 02:46 PM

View Postkommando, on Jul 09 2010 - 02:16 PM, said:

I have upgraded my PC after many years, so fired GPL up and instead of 15 to 20 FPS I can get 60 FPS with full detail :thumbup: . So armed with my new toy I went looking for the circuits high on detail, tried Jim's site for Dundrod but the links don't work even with a hidden IP address, as a previous post said that was a cure, the emergency backup site is now a site for ads. Is there another mirror site available.

Cheers

I just tried this site with no problems whatsoever. You might want to look through the GPL Track Databasealso.

#3 grego

grego

confuzius

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes, petanque, philosophy,
    psychology, GPL

Posted Jul 09 2010 - 03:39 PM

View Postptmac3, on Jul 09 2010 - 02:46 PM, said:

I have upgraded my PC after many years, so fired GPL up and instead of 15 to 20 FPS I can get 60 FPS with full detail :thumbup: . So armed with my new toy I went looking for the circuits high on detail, tried Jim's site for Dundrod but the links don't work even with a hidden IP address, as a previous post said that was a cure, the emergency backup site is now a site for ads. Is there another mirror site available.

Cheers

I just tried this site with no problems whatsoever. You might want to look through the GPL Track Databasealso.

nothing new here , there were problems to download iom track as well. works for some but not for others.

to suggest to try the gpl track database is a bit futile as it simply represents a longer way to arrive at jims download websites with "of course the same result"

#4 ptmac3

ptmac3

Monza Gorilla

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted Jul 09 2010 - 04:16 PM

View Postgrego, on Jul 09 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

View Postptmac3, on Jul 09 2010 - 02:46 PM, said:

Cheers

nothing new here , there were problems to download iom track as well. works for some but not for others.

to suggest to try the gpl track database is a bit futile as it simply represents a longer way to arrive at jims download websites with "of course the same result"

Well excuse me for thinking that someone who has just returned might like to look at some other tracks too and because he has just returned might not be aware of the track database. I guess it's my fault for merely trying to be a little helpful and not spelling it out exactly. Btw Kommando, welcome back! Personally, if I am having trouble d'loading something, I would like to know that it works for others. It just might assist me in fixing the problem.

#5 grego

grego

confuzius

• Members
  • 491 posts
    psychology, GPL

Posted Jul 09 2010 - 08:53 PM

Well excuse me for thinking that someone who has just returned might like to look at some other tracks too and because he has just returned might not be aware of the track database. I guess it's my fault for merely trying to be a little helpful and not spelling it out exactly. Btw Kommando, welcome back! Personally, if I am having trouble d'loading something, I would like to know that it works for others. It just might assist me in fixing the problem.

breath deeeeeeeeep
count very slowly to 10
take another deeeeeeep breath...................................there, see the world isn't really tryin to get ye.:D:yahoo::hug:

#6 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 02:47 AM

Hallo kommando ,
Sometimes they work and sometimes not .

Try again tomorrow and the day after and than ,ok you now it by now  :rolleyes:
It is a matter of patience ,eeu .... like gpl
greats from inside off me . :hat-tip:

#7 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 03:22 AM

I'm having the same problem:

The image link is a server not found page and the backup server is linking to an advert page.

This applies for all track downloads..

And using IE doesn't make a difference still..

Attached Files

#8 kommando

kommando

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 03:50 AM

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions but I have been trying every day for over a week using IE7 through Open DNS and also through Ultrasurf, Open DNS reports the full www.m2mag.com is down. I had downloaded the IOM a few years ago so can swap that for Dundrod if some one needs the IOM. I do have the track database bookmarked but as the Dunrod circuit is just over the water from me I would like to try a circuit with scenery as I can see out the window at home  :artist: . Already have the Targa circuit and its running in full hi res at 60 and is a work of art, just a pity the full IOM will probably not see the light of day.  

Feedback from OpenDNS

Hmm, www.m2mag.com isn't loading right now.
The computers that run www.m2mag.com are having some trouble. Usually this is just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.
Want more detail? See which nameservers are failing.

Nameserver trace for www.m2mag.com:
Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed g.root-servers.net.
Looking for who is responsible for com and followed h.gtld-servers.net.
Looking for who is responsible for m2mag.com and followed ns2.rackshack.net.

Nameservers for www.m2mag.com:
ns1.rackshack.net
ns2.rackshack.net

Edited by kommando, Jul 10 2010 - 03:51 AM.

#9 sky

sky

ultra highres junkie & 917 addict

• Members
  • 1,549 posts
  • Interests:travel, music, racing, vintage cars, model cars

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 04:29 AM

after all we could upload the stuff here, although i'm not sure if that is stepping on jim's toes. so maybe not, unless he okays it that is.
we've had reports of the tracks not being download-able in the past. there are a few threads about that around here. it used to work for some and not for others. we even ran traces to that site and for some they would work, while for others - at the very same time - it wouldn't. it couldn't even be pinpointed to individual countries not being able to get there. it seemed rather arbitrary.

#10 grego

grego

confuzius

• Members
  • 491 posts
    psychology, GPL

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 05:14 AM

yep, and i remember that i was only able to get IMO because some kind soul posted the file here.
So somebody would probably to a real kind act to post all of Jim's tracks here and make a new link to the GPL track side too.
After all these tracks are all absolute works of art.

#11 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 06:00 AM

The emergency links are partial right but needed some adjustment:

Here's Dundrod Main: http://srmz.net/trac...undrod_Main.zip
Here's the Opengl http://srmz.net/trac...rod_OGL_Tex.zip

Hope this helps you all. The reason for the emergency links not working is that they are old and the URL has changed.

#12 kommando

kommando

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 06:11 AM

Bernd, those revised links worked fine, thanks :clap2:

#13 CapitanulHaos

CapitanulHaos

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 11:09 AM

Bernd, do you by any chance have a link to the 50's Dundrod?

Thanks for posting the above :rolleyes:

#14 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 12:09 PM

Unfortunately no working link. Dark had it sent to Bill in 2008 so they are not lost. Someone should ask Bill or Keith if there's something wrong with the m2mag server or if they need any files.

#15 grego

grego

confuzius

• Members
  • 491 posts
    psychology, GPL

Posted Jul 10 2010 - 01:26 PM

See it's exacty how I described it befor "Some kind soul" came to the rescue. :D
Thanks Bernd :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links