syd_drake

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 13 2016 - 02:33 AM

So I'm trying to get back to GPL, and I got it running properly. Next step is online races, and that's where I have run into a problem. If I start igor, I can see online servers, and I can click connect to the green ones. But when GPL starts and gets to multiplayer screen, I can see in the background that it's using the wrong network interface. I have multiple interfaces (actual network card, vpn, vmware), and I'm using windows 10. I tried to go to advanced network setting and set my real network card as the top interface, but when I reopen it I always see the vpn interface as the top one, Even when I disable it. Is there any way to force GPL to use a certain network interface?

#2 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Aug 13 2016 - 04:37 AM

Sorry, syd, I cannot advise on a solution but at least I'd like to say welcome back to the wars.  :)

Edited by Manfred Cubenoggin, Aug 13 2016 - 04:38 AM.

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,245 posts

Posted Aug 13 2016 - 07:32 AM

View Postsyd_drake, on Aug 13 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

... when GPL starts and gets to multiplayer screen, I can see in the background that it's using the wrong network interface.

I don't understand network interfaces, but how exactly is this a problem?  You don't describe whether GPL runs online or is it just that it uses a less efficient interface?

#4 syd_drake

syd_drake

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Aug 13 2016 - 12:37 PM

It uses vmware or vpn interfaces, and those don't have internet access, so I only get a timeout on the multiplayer screen. I can do it manually, write down the ip address of the server on igor, then start gpl, go to mp and manually enter it, That works, but I was hoping for a easier way to connect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gpl, multiplayer, igor, network interface, network, ip address

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links