• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#301 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 16 2015 - 01:51 PM

View Postleon_90, on Oct 16 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

I don't agree Rich with what you're saying about Assetto Corsa AI being too well behaved.. It is mad like a horse :D they are very challenging to race, especially at 100%
Sometimes they are still not very gentle on some moves (I just got taken out at Imola in an FXX Evo race). They still need to be ironed out on politness, they are not giving room at all apart for when they have to

Really? This hasn't been my experience so far. The AI has been very fair, too fair in fact. Although I'm a long way from 100% AI strength.

I'd heard in the past that the AI was unpredictable with some cars (including the FXX), maybe I've just been lucky so far.

#302 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,467 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Oct 16 2015 - 01:58 PM

I've been racing the Porche/darche in AC lately. I'd have to say the AI are very well behaved, but also very aggressive. Like 3 wide going into Curve Grande. A little unsettling, because I always seem to be the one in the middle never expecting someone would be on the inside, or outside going into the turn.

#303 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Dec 04 2015 - 06:44 AM

Couple more classic Lotus cars coming soon, plus Brands Hatch:

https://www.youtube....h?v=pBIlPF4W3g8

Can't wait :)

#304 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Dec 04 2015 - 12:12 PM

I am waiting the Lotus 25, hope also that this DP will bring tire model v6 to classic cars

#305 Bails MacKenzie

Bails MacKenzie

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Saloon Cars
    Open Wheelers

Posted Dec 17 2015 - 09:58 AM

I stopped driving in GPL for a few days and gave the two new Lotuses a go, the 72D is a rocketship with limited grip and the 25 is a balloon-tyred gem that is all over the place that feels so slow compared to the 3 litre cars but geez it's great fun, I do a lot of runs on the historic tracks with the 312T, 72D and M23 mod car and it's a real nice DLC, worth the price just to cut laps in the 25 all night.

#306 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted Dec 17 2015 - 01:00 PM

I haven't bought it. The 25 has the same soundset of the 49. This is for me what places a tombstone not only on the DLC but on the game itself. I already gave it a last chance with the DP2.
Enough's enough.

#307 TurboMan

TurboMan

Jim Clark - Gilles Villeneuve - Tazio Nuvolari

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2, Music

Posted Dec 17 2015 - 02:00 PM

View Postleon_90, on Dec 17 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I haven't bought it. The 25 has the same soundset of the 49. This is for me what places a tombstone not only on the DLC but on the game itself. I already gave it a last chance with the DP2.
Enough's enough.

I assume you're talking about AC (as title suggests) ? Just ask because you also got very upset with pCars and the last Loti :lol:

For me AC is the only one that i could like (already discarded rF2, pCars, etc), but it needs many years IMHO, when sound mods, mods, tracks, etc are added. And still i probably won't buy it, GTR2 and GPL will have always my attention.

#308 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted Dec 17 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostTurboMan, on Dec 17 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

View Postleon_90, on Dec 17 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

Enough's enough.

I assume you're talking about AC (as title suggests) ? Just ask because you also got very upset with pCars and the last Loti :lol:

Yes I am. Unfortunately it seems to be a general trend to depict in an unrealistic and shabby way these cars. Both AC and PCars gave, in particular, the same soundset of the 49 to this car. Why on earth they believe that an half and a liter Climax and a three liter Ford should sound the same, is beyond me.
I have mostly given up entirely on sim-racing, and dedicated that time to studying or reading. When I have the time, I fire up GPL or GTL

Edited by leon_90, Dec 17 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#309 TurboMan

TurboMan

Jim Clark - Gilles Villeneuve - Tazio Nuvolari

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2, Music

Posted Dec 18 2015 - 06:06 AM

Yeah i see your point about modern sim racing games. Bit of the same here, but just trying to say that it's too soon to evaluate this modern game, or even better, these modern games (i think you understand what i mean). Future will tell, but for now i'll stick to good-old sim racing games :)

#310 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted Dec 20 2015 - 11:48 AM

I'm glad I read this. I didn't know the Lotus 25 was released. Best $7.99 I ever spent. I love the car. Sliding it around at Brands brings a big smile. The sound could use some help, but it's way better than the Lotus 33 in GPL.

Edited by Pete Gaimari, Dec 20 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#311 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted May 23 2016 - 02:09 PM

I've been driving around in AC a lot lately. My concerns about it still remain (most), but what can I say? I enjoy driving it. I really don't touch anything else besides non-sim titles apart from PnG.

I would like to feature a friend's video. He reviews the japanese pack recently featured within AC, going car by car every sunday. He also makes other videos about other titles such as Euro Truck, Dirt Rally, Cities Skyline, Train Fever and many many more. He has a small subscribers base, but I believe he deserves much more :)
can we help him? If you like his content, please let other people who you think could be interested know about him :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=peZENKUFjb4

Edited by leon_90, May 23 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#312 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted May 25 2016 - 01:28 PM

More engine and less talking would be way better.

#313 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted May 25 2016 - 08:45 PM

Just tested Assetto Corsa...

The more I learn about other sims, the more I like my dog...

#314 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted May 26 2016 - 04:55 AM

View Postmcmirande, on May 25 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

The more I learn about other sims, the more I like my dog...

Socrates

anyway, if you haven't played for more than two hours you can ask Steam a refund ;)

Edited by leon_90, May 26 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#315 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted Jun 17 2016 - 02:23 PM

Assetto Corsa secures Porsche license! This is truly a remarkable step, because whether you like or not this sim it is indeed amazing nontheless how a small and obscure indie developer got to produce an internationally acclaimed title with licenses like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, McLaren, BMW, etc and now even Porsche, which was locked from everyone else apart Microsoft (and EA obviously with which they have a special agreement locking anybody else out).
They truly deserve an approval for what they achieved, which is in my opinion inspirational. Hard work and sacrifices lead to big things if you believe in what you do.

As I said, you may not like it, I still don't like many things in it, but they got a milestone which will set an important point in sim-racing history, just like the laser scanned Nordschliefe did. And considering from where they started, it's bloody incredible.

Enjoy! 917 hinted!!!

https://youtu.be/jv-cPGa9Zsg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links