miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 03 2009 - 01:07 PM

My re-install is going well so far, but I'm missing some info.  In the TR4, the drivers legs go through the steering wheel.  There is a fix for this....somewhere.  I know it's a simple little thing, but I have been unable to find it.  TIA.

#32 Dartguy

Dartguy

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Jun 10 2009 - 08:39 PM

Hi Guys,

Firstly, this "mod" is incredible!!  

I found a small bug.  The #21 Mini 1275 in bonnet view, shows the sun shade in the middle of the screen.  I will attach a screen shot.

Thanks a million for all of your work!!

Attached Files

#33 Henry

Henry

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 25 2009 - 06:48 AM

Hi guys!

one small thing:

the steering wheel of the Alfas is flying

one bigger thing:

the brakes of the Cortina Works start to overheat under 400°. also they have a totally different behave as the Cortina Mann's one.

Edited by Henry, Aug 25 2009 - 06:56 AM.

#34 HR186S

HR186S

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted Aug 25 2009 - 01:41 PM

Hi Henry, welcome :)
Do you mean that the Alfa steering wheel is floating and not attached to anything?
The Lotus Cortina Works brakes is a known bug, which should be fixed for 3.0. The pressure is alot higher than the Mann Cortinas.

#35 Henry

Henry

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 25 2009 - 02:17 PM

View PostHR186S, on Aug 25 2009, 09:41 PM, said:

Hi Henry, welcome :)
Do you mean that the Alfa steering wheel is floating and not attached to anything?
The Lotus Cortina Works brakes is a known bug, which should be fixed for 3.0. The pressure is alot higher than the Mann Cortinas.
thx

yes.

#36 Mental Gear

Mental Gear

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted Nov 07 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hello

Two small things I noticed while taking screenshots:

Attached File  Cobra_arches.JPG   192.96K   17 downloads

A different value for BumpTravel could help.

Attached File  Jag_exhaust.JPG   127.69K   19 downloads

The exhaust holes are somehow solid.

PnG rules  :wave:

Edit 11.11:

Today I drove a race at Bathurst with the GT40 MkI and after a hard fight with the AI i won the race and found a bug in the screen one sees for winning:

It says in german: "Du bist unter die Erste"

It should say: "Du bist Erster" or " Du bist der Gewinner"

Edited by Mental Gear, Nov 11 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#37 JJManeschijn

JJManeschijn

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted Mar 08 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hello Guys,

I am running through the standard PnG championship at 33% time with full grid. After about 50 minutes of racing on certain tracks, some of the GT40's start falling over their own wheels (slipping and sliding all over the place), obviously due to excessive tire wear. At first I thought they don't do a pit stop because the race is almost finished, and they are several laps ahead of the rest of the field.

But yesterday I did an endurance race (length = 3 hours), and these poor GT40 AI drivers just refused to get fresh tires! :duh: As a result just about the entire GT40 force had to retire before the end of the race. I'm not complaining as it was the first time in this championship that my little Alfa and I almost made it to the podium  :yeah:

Has anyone else encountered this behavior, or could it be something on my specific setup that is messing with the AI?

Thanks

#38 FullMetalGasket

FullMetalGasket

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport (Duh!), Music, Trying to get my PC to work ;)

Posted Mar 28 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostJJManeschijn, on Mar 08 2010 - 12:40 AM, said:

Hello Guys,

I am running through the standard PnG championship at 33% time with full grid. After about 50 minutes of racing on certain tracks, some of the GT40's start falling over their own wheels (slipping and sliding all over the place), obviously due to excessive tire wear. At first I thought they don't do a pit stop because the race is almost finished, and they are several laps ahead of the rest of the field.

But yesterday I did an endurance race (length = 3 hours), and these poor GT40 AI drivers just refused to get fresh tires! :duh: As a result just about the entire GT40 force had to retire before the end of the race. I'm not complaining as it was the first time in this championship that my little Alfa and I almost made it to the podium  :yeah:

Has anyone else encountered this behavior, or could it be something on my specific setup that is messing with the AI?

Thanks

The AI do that for me too - vaguely remember the Pantera's doing it in GTL on the Enduro's too, so may just be a glitch in the gMotor engine  :idunno:
Various other cars will occaisionally go nuts too, occaisionally the 908 in my endurance cup tries it but normally not....

#39 unseen

unseen

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted Mar 29 2010 - 05:28 AM

There are always some weird quirks with the AI. Pretty much any game I`ve tried has something wrong with them, sometimes annoying, sometimes utterly terrible.

v2.1 of our little mod really didn`t have any AI work outside of the really basic stuff, so it`s basically running default gmotor AI. v3 has already had a lot of work put into the AI side of things, and should have a lot more before we`re finished with it, leading to, hopefully, much improved offline racing.

#40 JJManeschijn

JJManeschijn

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted Apr 01 2010 - 02:20 AM

Thanks for the replies. Still love and enjoy PnG, AI quirks and all!

"Our LITTLE mod"? Clearly a perception issue I see...  :lol:

#41 CapitanulHaos

CapitanulHaos

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted Oct 26 2010 - 03:30 PM

I don't know if you guys are aware, the Alpine's (A110 1100) dashboard gauge illumination doesn't work. All is well otherwise.

:bye:

#42 unseen

unseen

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted Oct 26 2010 - 04:25 PM

Seems to be working here fine.....  

...since I fixed it a few minutes ago  :whistling:

Thanks for that  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic