for Grand Prix Legends
VIR.jpg 150.23K 80 downloads
Track Location: Alton, Virginia, USA
Track Type : Race Circuit
Track Length : 5.26 kms.- 3.27 mi.
Track Num. Turns : 17
Track Year : late 60's
Here is a Video from GPLaps, thank you!
ginetto and Paul.
This track for Grand Prix Legends represents Virginia International Raceway commonly known as V.I.R. in the mid to late 1960's.
Using photos, video, maps and elevation data we have tried to give you the experience of driving the track in period.
Included - AI and mod track ini for 65,66,68,69,66CanAm and 67SportsCars.
They should give you a good race and hours of fun.
- AI calibrated @36 fps - adjust to suit your installation.
- V.I.R. uses Type7 32bit textures - Type3 option included.
- FrameRate Help option included with lower draw distances and lower resolution textures.
- Track Sounds option included.
- Denis, Stefano and other authors whose textures and objects we have used.
- Thanks to the beta testers for checking errors and suggesting improvements.
Special thanks to:
Martin Smogbike who's 2002 Virginia track was our inspiration and starting point for this version.
Run the installer.
After installation options are in zipped archive "UNZIPME_OPTIONS"
This track is freeware supplied without warranty. You use at your own risk.
It may not be copied and distributed without the authors permission.
06 - 05 - 2021
VIR 2021 Team
GPL_VIR_v1.0.zip 29.27MB 381 downloads
VIR_SERVER VERSION_v1.7z 1007.1K 54 downloads