Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 31 2017 - 05:57 PM

View Postginetto, on Dec 31 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Lee, if you put setup files in track folder they will be read by GPL and it will make those default for that particular track this is valid for original 67 cars too; some of Papys track have them as Pavel already said..

Thanks Ginetto,..did not know that.

And Happy New Year to all.  :partytime:

#17 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 31 2017 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for the replies Ginetto Lee and BobS got to what I wanted to know. Looking at Ginettos screenshot I assume this method doen't work for the TCs? The question was mostly brought about by them having standard 67 setups.

Happy Calendar swap day all.

#18 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 505 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 01 2018 - 02:16 PM

Interesting thread. Thanks all for the input.

Slightly off topic, but in a way it might help others somewhat: the way I work with setups is before I hit the track, I will create a base setup in GPLSM (if I don't have setups for that car/track combo) based on previous experiences of other cars/mods, or based on other track setups with about the same characteristics. Or using setups from aliens, and tweaking them to my hardware settings and driving style. You have to have some theoretical setup knowledge and know what you're doing. Most of the time this method works well for me having a pretty good base that doesn't need major tweaks while testing the first time. Mostly subtle tirepressure and camber changes, or balance (roll).

I will load the setups in GEM, so the right setups are loaded when entering the game. For most tracks/car combo's the latest used setups are loaded correctly for quali and race.

In short, I only use custom setups in the players/...../setups/tracks folders, either making one from scratch based on experience/knowledge, and then saving it in the respective players/...../setups/tracks folder. I load them in GEM.

Happy New year all! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links