• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#196 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jun 19 2018 - 06:15 AM

Well!  Some good news this morning.  I joined the server at about 14:00 CET via Multiplayer in-game using the IP address.  SOP.  No problem.  Then, without a glimmer of hope, I tried via VROC.  Success!  :)

Don't what settings were changed to allow this but I'm quite pleased at the development.  Looking good for a VROC hookup come this Thursday.

Thanks for your efforts on this, André.

#197 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.

Posted Jun 21 2018 - 12:15 PM

Race start at the top of the clock?  ???  I went to log on 10 minutes past the hour expecting to practice and seems I've missed the boat.  Sigh...

#198 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 21 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hi JB

Sh*t yes I knew something was off with that. A few posts back I said that new starting time from the fall is 1900 CET and I suppose I should have written "as of right now" instead , sorry about that. Corrected it everywhere and thought I had covered all the bases but obviously I hadnt. My apologies.

Next race will be posted on the new forum , we will start a new practice server on a new track. Probably RA now that Olaf has that sorted out. Also on gplweekly and our league site.

Forum link

http://www.gpl1967.d...-Esports-League

#199 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted Jun 21 2018 - 02:23 PM

Hi, KZ...  Yes, a pity to have missed the test race.  In future, it might be best to nominate a start time for server practice and include the actual race start as a separate notation.

I tested earlier offline and was mystified to find why my gear ratios were changing on their own.  ???  This had not occurred with Kyalami.  The set refused to accept my ratio nominations.  From setting them in the menu, simply dropping into pit lane then immediately returning to the menu two seconds later without doing a thing was enough to cause the glitch.  From what I set, changing to top gear was now actually a shorter ratio.  Revs to the Moon!  LOL!  I was on the server a couple of hours earlier with Pelle and while my connection via VROC was good, the gear thingie was still occurring.  Was this not mentioned as a weird problem in an earlier post?

#200 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted Jun 21 2018 - 02:34 PM

We will advertise it clearly in the future.

Yes this gear issue was mentioned and if I remember correctly it had something to do with race set up and current set up. If the race set up is set to default or something like that. Not sure but Olaf knows.

#201 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted Jun 22 2018 - 04:52 AM

Ok , so things are working pretty good it seems. Server runs smooth and the patch works well and as intented.

We have time for one more test before summer plans starts to kick in so next thursday we race @ Solitude. This to test the track as its kind of sensitive to disconnects and such so we wanna make sure people have no problems with this particular track.

So thursday 28th of june , 1900 CET @ VROC. 12 laps on Solitude.

After that we will leave a practice server running as much as possible over the summer.

League site
http://f1historicesports.com/

Forum
http://www.gpl1967.d...-Esports-League

Livestream \ youtube channel
https://www.youtube....YKawNIJDdVCzaGQ

Edited by Keyser Zose, Jun 22 2018 - 05:53 AM.

#202 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Jun 22 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hello Manfred,
that's the problem that Rainer had at Kyalami. The solution is easy:

Posted Image

#203 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted Jun 22 2018 - 11:10 AM

I'll make every effort to make the Solitude test, KZ.

HA!  You beat me to it, Olaf.  I was going to try that very thing as a test of over-riding the glitch.  Be back to soon with a practical test result.  Thanks for posting.

Edit: Yup!  Saving the set to the race configuration maintained the gear ratios desired.  A minor annoyance not worth the worry as long as you don't go to the line with a qualifying set.  :)

Edited by Manfred Cubenoggin, Jun 22 2018 - 06:09 PM.

#204 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted Jun 25 2018 - 07:04 AM

I've run into a bit of a snag regarding VROC.  Now, I don't see any events listed.  Most likely a problem at my end but as of this morning, I can, at least, still join via the IP address.

#205 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted Jun 25 2018 - 09:38 AM

No racelist for me either on VROC so its probably down for maintanance or something. If its still down on thursday we will have to go the IP route.

#206 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted Jun 28 2018 - 08:59 AM

A couple of hours til post time and still no VROC racelist.  Even worse, I can't log on via the IP.  :(

Perhaps a moot point, tho.  A family matter has just arisen that seems it will keep me away for the test in any event.  Sigh...

Good Luck!  :)

#207 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted Jun 28 2018 - 09:40 AM

Hey JB

We race via IGOR tonight , not sure the server is running at this very moment , probably why you cant log on via IP cause that hasnt changed.

Sad to hear you cant join us tonight but its only a test , league starts in august. ^_^

It would be useful for you to find your way to our forum for future referance , we wont be posting race info here in the future.

Forum link

http://www.gpl1967.dk/GPLDK/forum.php

#208 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted Jul 05 2018 - 02:41 PM

A question regarding the surfaces on which the patch will take affect.  Given that running off onto a dirt-mapped surface will cause a lack of grip for a short while, is there any reduction in adhesion for running off onto grass?  I mention this for some circuits...Aintree in particular in the Melling Cross complex...where it is oh so easy to carve off gobs of time by running through the grass.

#209 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 03:00 AM

There is not really a difference in the amount of decreasing of grip between sand and grass, in both cases the grip obvious will be reduced for the affected wheels.

I know some people wont use pribluda. But if you will be sure if the slippering of the car is provoced by dirt effect or not you can see it exactly if you would install my special pribluda version, see ReadMe.
Yellow value = tire dirty
Green value = tire clean

BR Olaf

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Jul 08 2018 - 03:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Leadfootrally

Sim Racing Links