#181 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 04:03 PM

Just ran a test championship consisting of two races to see how it's done.  Very easy to set up a series of races and have up to 19 or so AI drivers.  :)

Unlike GPL, it doesn't appear possible to have different drivers and their cars at different races.  I'm may be missing something here, but that means you can't build a historically correct grid for each race in a championship season.  :(

Also tried the light version of Content Manager which is GEM+ on steroids.  Very nice program indeed.  However, you can't edit a championship season with the light version so I can't comment on how well it works for changing each AI driver's capability or if you can have different drivers in each race in a championship.

Have been watching the AI race a bit too and don't see anything major wrong with them although they seem to run off track a lot.  I know we've all complained at times about how bad GPL's AI can be, but overall, I think GPL's AI is as good as AC's.  That's pretty amazing for a 20 year old sim.  :)

#182 Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman

Hitman Industries

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Simracing
  • Sim interest:rFactor

Posted Jan 05 2019 - 04:40 AM

I'm intent on creating AI for all the '67 tracks. Zandvoort is done, currently working on Spa66. Quite a task to find middle ground between feisty and T1 mayhem. Papy did a fantastic job in 1998!

#183 Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman

Hitman Industries

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted Jan 05 2019 - 04:45 AM

As for individual AI strength, I'm also not sure yet how well they can be tweaked across a season. For now I'm quite content dragging them up/down in the quick race opponents menu to fill the grid in a believable fashion.

#184 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,580 posts

Posted Jan 05 2019 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for testing the AI and I'm interested in hearing your results.

Of course, one of GPL's nice features is the ability to create championships with historically correct grids for each race.  It appears that AC can create championships, but I'm unsure if it can make each race have the correct number of drivers.

Assuming it can, I believe you're saying that the full version of Content Manager can then adjust each AI driver's strength and aggression values.

I also wonder how AC's strength and aggression values work.  GPL, of course, has hype, experience, alertness, .etc values for each AI driver.  More values aren't necessarily better, but perhaps allows better fine tuning.  Also, how does the race global strength and aggression values affect the individual AI driver's strength and aggression values?

#185 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,561 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jan 05 2019 - 08:58 AM

I have to thank you Lee and Remco for your effort. I'm not sure you can come up with a believable Championship but at least you're trying.

#186 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted Jan 05 2019 - 09:13 AM

Hello guys

Is there some experience of online races with this mod? What about hosting races for AC?

Marcos

#187 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,580 posts

Posted Jan 05 2019 - 09:41 AM

View PostPete Gaimari, on Jan 05 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

I have to thank you Lee and Remco for your effort. I'm not sure you can come up with a believable Championship but at least you're trying.

You're welcome Pete.  I'm a die hard GPLer of course, but I'd heard so much about AC that I had to try it out for $20.  It really is a nice sim.

If we could combine its graphics with GPL features, then we'd have the best of both worlds.  Maybe Remco can figure out how to make AC handle a championship season?

#188 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,561 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jan 05 2019 - 09:55 AM

Lee..............As you know the AI racers are a much larger group than online racers. So, a Championship for AC would really be appreciated. Hopefully, they come up with a better name than GPL.

#189 Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman

Hitman Industries

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted Jan 10 2019 - 03:40 PM

View Postmcmirande, on Dec 09 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

I cannot enter the track with the Lotus 33. Does somebody else have the same problem?

Cheers, Marcos.

Figured it out, you need Dream Pack 3 which includes the Lotus 25. The 33 borrows files from that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links