Jump to content


* * * * * 2 votes

Aa Settings For Latest Nvidia Cards?


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 lotus78

lotus78

    Guy Ligier

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 06 2011 - 07:14 PM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Jan 03 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

View Postlotus78, on Jan 02 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:


Stefan,

Thanks for the settings.  I just installed a new GTX 460 card and with these settings in OpenGLV2 / 60FPSV2 everything looks great.  I am having 2 problems though:

1.  With 60 FPS enabled the AI take off from the grid as if they have launch control (does not happen in 36 FPS)




lotus78
  this is normal on some tracks, because with the 60 fps patch, AI won't have the same behaviour than with the 36 fps.

   Don't say everything looks great, as if you look at the AI , you should notice something....

   What you should do, is installing in the option folder the 60fpsaiV1patch.You should get decent AI' s for manys track, even if they need some tweakings, like their speed.

  Get the patch here , and put it in your GEM + /OPTIONS folder http://srmz.net/inde...=60fpsaiV1&st=0

Other than the launch, I can deal with AI at 60 FPS.  I actually do not mind starting at the back of the grid and working my way up.  Good passing practice.  I will check out the patch though.

Thanks!!!

lotus78

#17 lotus78

lotus78

    Guy Ligier

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 07 2011 - 08:53 AM

View Postlotus78, on Jan 06 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

View PostM Needforspeed, on Jan 03 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

View Postlotus78, on Jan 02 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:


Stefan,

Thanks for the settings.  I just installed a new GTX 460 card and with these settings in OpenGLV2 / 60FPSV2 everything looks great.  I am having 2 problems though:

1.  With 60 FPS enabled the AI take off from the grid as if they have launch control (does not happen in 36 FPS)




lotus78
  this is normal on some tracks, because with the 60 fps patch, AI won't have the same behaviour than with the 36 fps.

   Don't say everything looks great, as if you look at the AI , you should notice something....

   What you should do, is installing in the option folder the 60fpsaiV1patch.You should get decent AI' s for manys track, even if they need some tweakings, like their speed.

  Get the patch here , and put it in your GEM + /OPTIONS folder http://srmz.net/inde...=60fpsaiV1&st=0

Other than the launch, I can deal with AI at 60 FPS.  I actually do not mind starting at the back of the grid and working my way up.  Good passing practice.  I will check out the patch though.

Thanks!!!

lotus78

Looking a little deeper, I see the other problems with AI in 60 FPS.  I guess I will wait for the AI fixes and use 36 FPS for now.  I really do like how the 60 FPS graphics look in OpenGLV2.  Never seen GPL looking better!

Kudos to all the folks working on this.  Looking forward to posts on AI tweaks.

lotus78

#18 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 07 2011 - 09:07 AM

View Postlotus78, on Jan 07 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

View Postlotus78, on Jan 06 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

View PostM Needforspeed, on Jan 03 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

View Postlotus78, on Jan 02 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:


Stefan,

Thanks for the settings.  I just installed a new GTX 460 card and with these settings in OpenGLV2 / 60FPSV2 everything looks great.  I am having 2 problems though:

1.  With 60 FPS enabled the AI take off from the grid as if they have launch control (does not happen in 36 FPS)




lotus78
  this is normal on some tracks, because with the 60 fps patch, AI won't have the same behaviour than with the 36 fps.

   Don't say everything looks great, as if you look at the AI , you should notice something....

   What you should do, is installing in the option folder the 60fpsaiV1patch.You should get decent AI' s for manys track, even if they need some tweakings, like their speed.

  Get the patch here , and put it in your GEM + /OPTIONS folder http://srmz.net/inde...=60fpsaiV1&st=0

Other than the launch, I can deal with AI at 60 FPS.  I actually do not mind starting at the back of the grid and working my way up.  Good passing practice.  I will check out the patch though.

Thanks!!!

lotus78

Looking a little deeper, I see the other problems with AI in 60 FPS.  I guess I will wait for the AI fixes and use 36 FPS for now.  I really do like how the 60 FPS graphics look in OpenGLV2.  Never seen GPL looking better!

Kudos to all the folks working on this.  Looking forward to posts on AI tweaks.

lotus78

  Meanwhile, you can have decent results already for some tracks :

  Install Solitude track, if possible with the Thomas Lachaele beautiful add ons.
  In you Solitude folder, make a back up of your track.ini .Replace it with the one one attached.
  Then go for a ride, with the 60fpsaiV1 enabled, and you 'll see that you can have a great race against them, with a minimum of bugs

   :wave:

Attached Files


Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 07 2011 - 09:08 AM.


#19 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 08 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostDavidG, on Jan 03 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

My GTR2 used to look just like yours Stefan, but with sparse grid supersampling enabled it now looks like the screenshot below.

My GPL shot of the startline at Rouen doesn’t look a lot different to yours; you can see some degradation on the lines at the side of the track and the pit boxes though.  The effect is much more obvious at other parts of the circuit (shot 2).  Actually, you never get the true effect from a screenshot, as you probably know from GTR2, it’s the movement of the lines (they sort of 'ripple'), where the anti-aliasing breaks down, that really grabs your attention and is most off-putting.  The problem varies greatly from track to track as well; thinner lines certainly seem to cause more of a problem (see the Le Mans shot).  Rather disturbingly, I tried D3D at Le Mans and saw no real difference, though it definitely showed a big improvement at another track the other day (I forget which, may have been Moulin65).  I say ‘disturbingly’, because I've just ordered the new laptop I mentioned previously, under the belief that I’d pretty much resolved the AA problem as far as D3D was concerned.

I did try your GPL settings though Stefan and perceived a marginal improvement.  So I’ll stick with these as a basis and see if I can find some further enhancement from the other options.

I also feel that I’ve made some small progress with RBR, but there’s still far too much shimmering going on for my liking.

So far the additional nVidia Inspector settings haven’t really helped much with GPL  M, though I’m continuing to experiment with them.  It’s the gMotor titles where it’s really made a big difference.  So, if you have no issues with these, or don’t play them, I wouldn’t worry too much about not being able to access the elevated settings page.

Thanks again everyone for your comments.

I updated to the latest 260.99 driver, which is pretty easy with the new nvidia installer routine, without having to uninstall the old nvidia drivers before. You can use express installation that updates your graphic drivers but will keep your profiles you set for the games.
I also enabled "sparse grid supersampling" now for all sims (I use 8x). Posted Image
GTR2, GTL, ... look much better now! No more "ripple" lines in the distance. The other sims (rFactor, netKar, LFS, ...) I haven`t tested yet, but I guess it has also improved. Posted Image

I also activated it for all of my GPL graphic profiles "gpl.exe, gplc65, gplc66, and there is an improvement!
As you noticed the "ripple" effect varies from track to track, but even on the Bikernikie track the "ripples" now are gone.

Thx David!

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jun 19 2012 - 04:04 PM.


#20 DavidG

DavidG

    Jack Brabham

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 12 2011 - 01:06 PM

Glad to hear that you’re sorted Stefan.  I know what a great relief it was when I eventually saw a proper anti-aliased screen for the first time.  I was actually seriously considering ditching the GTX460 and buying a top end ATi replacement until then.

I’ve received my new laptop at the weekend and suffered the same AA problems with its GT 445M.  A quick tweak with nVidia Inspector and all was well though (after a short period of panic when things didn’t seem to be improving).  I have learnt a few things through this though.

Firstly, sparse grid supersampling does work with OpenGl, or at least it works fine on IL2 in OGL mode.  So there must be some issue with GPL’s OGL rasterizer that’s preventing it making any difference (in fact, I still can’t get GPL to look any better in D3D than OGL, I think that when I tested it a few weeks ago, the improvement I thought I saw was just down to the track).  You say that you’ve found some improvement with GPL; what settings are you using?

Secondly, SGS only functions when Transparency Multisampling is enabled.  This is the cause of the panic mentioned earlier, as initially turning on SGS didn’t seem to make any difference.  You also appear to have to set ‘Overide any application setting’ for SGS to work.

Enabling SGS can be quite a performance hit.  When I first turned it on, the images looked fabulous, but the frame rate dropped to unacceptable levels.  So I tried reducing the level of SGS, to see if the performance would rise, whilst still providing adequate visual improvement.  This is actually what I found, the frame rate did go up to much more useable levels and the image quality worsened only slightly.  In fact, I'm running the laptop with only 2x SGS and it’s going well and looking good.  If anyone is interested, I tested the performance by getting Fraps to record the average fps for the first 60 seconds of an IL2 track file (1945.trk – 2 P-47s downing 2 Me262s).  The results were: 8x SGS – 42 fps, 4x SGS – 68 fps, 2x SGS – 79 fps and no SGS – 83 fps.  I don’t expect that there’s this level of difference between the settings on the more powerful cards, but it may explain why I have felt the performance has reduced since installing the 260 drivers (which was when I first enabled SGS).  OGL gives relatively poor performance, with average frame rates of around 40 on nearly all settings (and yes, I did disable vsync).  Strangely, I ran the same tests on my new desktop system and the opposite happened; OGL comfortably outperformed D3D, which is how it’s supposed to be with IL2.  I'm wondering if this is a driver issue, as GPL performance in OGL was abysmal prior to installing 260.89, after it, it runs much better than D3D.  So I may try installing newer drivers on the laptop, to see if can get more out of IL2 in OGL, though I'm always reluctant to do this once I've got everything working properly.

Incidentally, I've realised that I attached the wrong image in post #5.  This is one that I saved off another forum when I was trying to resolve my issues.  My apologies for the confusion, particularly for the English speakers!

#21 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 12 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostStefan Roess, on Jan 08 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:




I updated now to the latest 260.99 driver, which is pretty easy now, without having to uninstall the old nvidia drivers before. You can use express installation that updates your graphic drivers but will keep your profiles you set for the games.


I also activated it for all of my GPL graphic profiles "gpl.exe, gplc65, gplc66, and there is an improvement!
As you noticed the "ripple" effect varies from track to track, but even on the Bikernikie track the "ripples" now are gone.

Thx David!


Stefan,

could you, please, post a screen captures of the ripples effect.The name itself doesn 't give an idea of what bad effect it is.

thks

Michel

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 12 2011 - 03:45 PM.


#22 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 14 2011 - 02:50 PM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Jan 12 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStefan Roess, on Jan 08 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

I updated now to the latest 260.99 driver, which is pretty easy now, without having to uninstall the old nvidia drivers before. You can use express installation that updates your graphic drivers but will keep your profiles you set for the games.


I also activated it for all of my GPL graphic profiles "gpl.exe, gplc65, gplc66, and there is an improvement!
As you noticed the "ripple" effect varies from track to track, but even on the Bikernikie track the "ripples" now are gone.

Thx David!


Stefan,

could you, please, post a screen captures of the ripples effect.The name itself doesn 't give an idea of what bad effect it is.

thks

Michel

Test @ Bikernieki track.
See attached screenshots comparison and my profile settings for GPL Posted Image

Attached Files


Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 14 2011 - 02:58 PM.


#23 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 15 2011 - 04:20 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Jan 14 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostM Needforspeed, on Jan 12 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStefan Roess, on Jan 08 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

I updated now to the latest 260.99 driver, which is pretty easy now, without having to uninstall the old nvidia drivers before. You can use express installation that updates your graphic drivers but will keep your profiles you set for the games.


I also activated it for all of my GPL graphic profiles "gpl.exe, gplc65, gplc66, and there is an improvement!
As you noticed the "ripple" effect varies from track to track, but even on the Bikernikie track the "ripples" now are gone.

Thx David!


Stefan,

could you, please, post a screen captures of the ripples effect.The name itself doesn 't give an idea of what bad effect it is.

thks

Michel

Test @ Bikernieki track.
See attached screenshots comparison and my profile settings for GPL Posted Image

thks Stefan

I had noticed those "jags" on several track even with the Anti Aliasing at max.And installing Bikernieki track, I have the same jiggles than on your captures .

So those jiggles aren 't AA related.Did you see a little drop in fps when enabling SGS ?
We have both powerful GFX and it should handle it, but I want to know

thanks

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 15 2011 - 05:37 AM.


#24 Frenchy

Frenchy

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 15 2011 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for your settings Stefan.

GPL looks better than ever and I seem to be getting better frame rates. Certainly the F10 view has improved dramatically. I used to get 8fps in F10 view but now it is a steady 60fps even with 32xAA. I assume this is because of the display of numbers (text) in the F10 view (I use the outline fonts for prib) and so I'm hopeful that this will also help with the display of chat messages in online racing. I will test it later today and let you know.

Cheers
David

#25 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 16 2011 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the settings Stefan!
I received some money and because I was not happy with my ATI 5770 I bought me a 270GTX and GPL is now fine running again. No more ATI for me. While the performance might be better for the money all the hazzle isn't worth an ATI card IMO. Which your settings GPL looks beautiful  :thumbup:

#26 Frenchy

Frenchy

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 16 2011 - 10:02 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Jan 15 2011 - 01:32 PM, said:

Thanks for your settings Stefan.

GPL looks better than ever and I seem to be getting better frame rates. Certainly the F10 view has improved dramatically. I used to get 8fps in F10 view but now it is a steady 60fps even with 32xAA. I assume this is because of the display of numbers (text) in the F10 view (I use the outline fonts for prib) and so I'm hopeful that this will also help with the display of chat messages in online racing. I will test it later today and let you know.

Cheers
David

Nope, it didn't help with the chat messages, I still get a massive hit even when someone connects or disconnects but thanks again, looks great.

#27 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 16 2011 - 02:58 PM

Thx to Kocinski for these tips!

When you use "Spares Grid Supersampling" you have to activate LOD bias! See screenshots attached.

You can do this by pressing the button "Creating a desktop shortcut for more advanced elevated settings mode" at Nvidia Inspector program (top right).

Then set the set the "Texture filtering LOD bias". With 8x SGSSAA I set it to -1.500 for GPL.
And set Texture filtering negative LOD bias to "Allow".

Quote

bias = -0.5 * log2(samples)

2x SGSSAA: -0,5
4x SGSSAA: -1,0
8x SGSSAA: -1,5


-->> http://www.3dcenter....ng-antialiasing (German site)


--------------------------

If you use Pribluda I would recommend to turn off some features (sector times, player board, tyres showPatch, ...), as they give you low fps (25-30 fps), even on a high end graphics card and a high end PC system, like this http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=5811 !

My Pribluda settings:



[global]

version = 1.1.2.1

blackBarRatio = 0.1041

boldFont = 0

borderSize = 2

defaultColour = 0xffffff

fontFace = Consolas

fontSize = 12

overlayBoards = 0

outlineOpenglFont = 1

outlineOpenglFontSize = 9

outlineOpenglFontFactor = 2.0



[keys]

clearTimesKey = 0x7b                 ;F12

leaderBoardKey = 0x35   ;5

playerBoardKey = 0x34   ;4

trackPositionBoardKey = 0x33         ;3

sectorTimesKey = 0x32   ;2

tyreTempsKey = 0x31 ;1

fpsKey = 0x7a                                               ;F11

dashkey = 0x2D                                                           ;INSERT



[tyres]

show = 0;

X = 0;

Y = -50;

showPatch = 0;

patchX = 200;

patchY = -50;

brightness = 0.5

colourCoeff = 1

defaultColour = 0xffffff

minimumGripFloor = 0.985

useSteppedColours = 0

lowTempLowGripColour = 0xff0000

highTempLowGripColour = 0x0000ff

optimumGripColour = 0x00ff00



[times]

show = 0

X = 0

Y= 0

defaultColour = 0xffffff

bestSectorColour = 0xFF00FF

bestCurrentSectorColour = 0x00FF00

showIdealLap = 1

showBestLap = 1

showLastLap = 1

showCurrentLap= 1

useOldSectorTimeFormat = 0



[playerboard]

show = 0

X = -750

Y = 0

defaultColour = 0xffffff

playerDriverColour = 0x00ffff

lappedDriverColour = 0x228b22

lappingDriverColour = 0x3c14dc

retiredDriverColour = 0xbbbbbb

passedDriverColour = 0xface87

leaderDriverColour=0x00ff00

firstnamelength = 1

lastnamelength = 8

numDrivers = 6

precision = 2

alwaysShowLeader=0



[leaderboard]

show = 0

X = -500

Y = 0

defaultColour = 0xffffff

playerDriverColour = 0x00ffff

lappedDriverColour = 0x228b22

lappingDriverColour = 0x3c14dc

retiredDriverColour = 0xbbbbbb

passedDriverColour = 0xface87

leaderDriverColour=0x00ff00

firstnamelength = 1

lastnamelength = 8

numDrivers = 6

precision = 2

alwaysShowPlayer=0



[trackpositionboard]

show = 1

X = -250

Y = 0

defaultColour = 0xffffff

playerDriverColour = 0x00ffff

lappedDriverColour = 0x228b22

lappingDriverColour = 0x3c14dc

retiredDriverColour = 0xbbbbbb

passedDriverColour = 0xface87

leaderDriverColour=0x00ff00

firstnamelength = 1

lastnamelength = 8

numDrivers = 6

updateFrequency = 5

showGapsAsTime = 0



[dash]

show =  0

defaultColour = 0xffffff

warningColour = 0x0000ff

fuelWarningLevel = 10

oilWarningTemp = 200



[fps]

show = 0

x = -120

y = -50

defaultColour = 0xffffff

Attached Files


Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 19 2011 - 04:14 AM.


#28 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 18 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi,

after some offline tests and a full grid 65 online race, I decided to only activate

[trackpositionboard]
show = 1


in Pribluda, because of FPS problems.
Although I use the highest possible graphics settings (graphics card and ingame GPL), I was a little bit surprised, that I got FPS hits on my PC system . :shock:

Edited by Stefan Roess, Nov 23 2016 - 02:19 AM.


#29 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 19 2011 - 04:01 AM

interesting Stefan,

I will perform tests on mine :Both should be largely more than required to run GPL at the Max FPS.

  OS : Dual boot :Win 7 Pro 32 bits and Win XP Pro 32 bits
GFX : ZOTAC Nvidia GFX 285 Amp edition - factory OC graphic card (Not using SLI)
GFX driver : 266  released 10 /2010
Sound Card : Creative X Fi Extreme Gamer fatal!ty Pro - speaker system (Creative DDT 2200 - satellites 5.1 + Subwoofer)
Sound Card driver : 6.0.1.1373 issued 03/06/2009
Mainboard : Asus P7P55D - E PRO Intel P 55 chipset - Win 7 ready
CPU : Pentium I 5 650-dual core- 3.2 Ghz ( No OC)
Power supply :Antec 850W
Memory brand and size : 2 x 2 Gb - DDR3 - Kingston KVR 1333 Mghz.
Monitor :CRT Iiyama Diamontron Vision Master Pro 454 19"
DSL connection : yes 8 Mega dld, 1 Mg upload with Ethernet card.



  One of the diffrence between us is that I still stay sticked to 32 bits OS .
  
   Seeing your specs,what is the interest of an Hexa core CPU ?

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 19 2011 - 05:56 PM.


#30 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 19 2011 - 04:12 AM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Jan 19 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

Seeing your specs,what is the interest of an Hexa core CPU ?

Why not? :D
Should last again for the next years, for future games.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links