leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 06 2016 - 10:32 AM

Well what do you know? while Pribluda works fine, DDM doesn't :idunno:  It used to, but it's quite some time I don't use it any more so I can't point the finger at what broke it exactly

Edited by leon_90, Sep 06 2016 - 10:32 AM.

#32 Billy Nobrakes

Billy Nobrakes

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 06 2016 - 04:41 PM

Ginetto,
Have you got a copy of DD Modifier, or a link? I've given up trying to make Prib work. DD Modifier might do the trick.

Thanks ... Billy

#33 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,541 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Sep 07 2016 - 05:41 AM

Uploaded
HERE

#34 Billy Nobrakes

Billy Nobrakes

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Sep 08 2016 - 04:57 PM

Many thanks. I now have some numbers at the bottom of the screen.

#35 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, Football (Soccer), Grand Prix Legends and rFactor

Posted Sep 17 2016 - 10:40 AM

I have to report that on my ATi Radeon HD 5770, AMD A10 CPU on Win10 Anniversary Update I have the same problem reported by many of the forum's users: both 1.3 and 1.202 in D3D V2 the car has fully working mirrors, a bit of video lag and Pribluda works only in the top left sixth of the screen, with all the infos mashed together. In OGL V2, half of the screen is shaded, mirrors aren't working (but in replay they do and while racing those display an updated still frame) and pribluda isn't displaying anything.
To solve it, I had to uninstall Pribluda, after that everything worked again. I think that there's something in the DLL file that's not jiving well with the new OGL and D3D12 structure.

EDIT: Tried ginetto's GPL Digital Display Modifier and the results are the same as Pribluda's. DEFINITELY there's something in the D3D and OGL structures that is not working well at all.

Edited by Lord, Sep 17 2016 - 10:44 AM.

#36 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Sep 21 2016 - 11:07 PM

got my 'anniversary" update tonite. and after much anxiety, and 6 win10 restarts.. i launched GPL... can you say, 'trepidation'?    but guess what?!  EVERYTHING worked! NO PROBLEMS... mirrors, PRIBLUDA, DDM, logitech g25, mirrors! what am i forgetting?  ... its as if i didn't update!... wait, let me check it did :o
BUILD = 14393.. is that right?

i even stayed with OpenGL !! (tho i prefer D3d)  i'll try that later.

so i go to do a few laps at Westwood and its fine.. for 2 laps... then NO SOUND. it just stopped. nothing got it going again. in past, with XP, if i got email or some alert the sound in GPL would cut out, but a click of the mouse and it would come back. this time, the click did nothing, pressing space bar, no... pressing volume + or -  or even mute.. nope.. no sound.

exited GPL
checked to see i should install new driver? .... response: "best driver is already installed"

back to GPL
same track, 3 laps.. sound did not stop!  ??  so, what..... i just race, and expect at some time for no reason i may lose sound?  

which is worse? no pribluda or no sound?   or the FEAR of no sound?   :o
i'll be happy to share whatever info on my sys that i'm asked for, but you''ll have to tell me what and where i can get the info.

basically, 8GB ram
nVidea GeForce GTX 650
soundcard Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM)

#37 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,541 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Sep 22 2016 - 03:30 AM

About the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Your device will be running Windows 10 Version 1607 after it's installed.
:think:

#38 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,694 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 22 2016 - 07:59 AM

Interesting. I just checked my PC's details and I'm running Win 10 Home, 64-bit, version 1511, build 10586.589. I've also seen an option on the Microsoft website to manually download the 'Anniversary Edition', so it looks like (thankfully) it isn't an automatic update. Given the problems that some people have had, I think I will steer clear of it. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!' ;)

Edited by Saiph, Sep 22 2016 - 08:04 AM.

#39 Andreh

Andreh

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing

Posted Sep 22 2016 - 09:58 AM

Bo, I remember my first league race at Mybroga, Ive lost sound and it didnt came back during the race, it was really frightening. But it came back next time I ran the program. Sadly it seems to be happening all the time with you. I guess you already checked for updated audio drivers? Or tried older ones?
Good luck with that!

#40 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Sep 22 2016 - 02:28 PM

after the first 'quiet'.. i've been ok for multiple logins and 10+ laps. no loss of sound :)
still, i fear it will cut off during a race -  like the old 'imminent disco' feeling  :P

#41 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,067 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Sep 26 2016 - 09:22 AM

Two days ago I left my computer on and took the dog out for a run. When I got back the Anniversary update was being installed. So, I guess it doesn't need permission to install if you aren't there to say no. It's a huge update and took over an hour to install with 3-4 reboots.

I started GPL up and I had stutters that were never there before. I couldn't figure out what was doing that and knew it was the update that messed up something. So, I did a fresh install and the stutters are gone. I turned on Pribluda to see if it was gone and it was. Just a little info in the upper left corner of the screen. I turned it back off, because I don't use it anyway. Everything else seems normal.

Anyway, this is a warning that the update will install without permission. At least in my case it did.

#42 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,694 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 29 2016 - 08:58 PM

Oh no. Win 10 just told me it's going to restart at 04:00 (3 mins time) to install the dreaded 1607 update.  :-(   Doesn't look as if I can stop it. I hope things still work afterwards. Feel so bloody helpless against Microsoft when this happens. :boxing:

UPDATE: My PC finished updating after about 50 minutes, and I've gone into Windows and briefly checked out GPL. I feel very relieved and lucky that everything seems to be working fine. GPL graphics ok, mirrors ok, and Pribluda working as well. I get my laptimes shown at the top left as usual, my tyre temps at bottom left as usual. I've tried turning on the other Pribluda panels as well and they seem to appear as normal (I don't usually use them much as I'm always hotlapping). I tried the GT mod and the '66 mod, I will continue testing for longer and with the other mods over the next few days. It looks like I dodged the bullet. :phew:

I feel sorry for all the people having problems with this version 1607 ("anniversary") update. If anyone would like info on my GPL configuration and/or settings, please feel free to post here or PM me and I'll try to help as much as I can to get things working for you. Good luck everybody. (I wish I had a beer to help me sleep after all this ****** stress, but my fridge is empty!)

Edited by Saiph, Sep 29 2016 - 10:35 PM.

#43 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 12:28 AM

The only problem I've had since the windows 10 update is that Pribluda doesn't appear on screen till the first gear change when I go on track. It does this all the time now. Everything else is working fine. I guess the bullet just barely grazed me. :)

#44 snafu

snafu

John Hammonds

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:GPL. F2B

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 09:29 AM

View Postmarco lenarduzzi, on Sep 30 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

The only problem I've had since the windows 10 update is that Pribluda doesn't appear on screen till the first gear change when I go on track. It does this all the time now. Everything else is working fine. I guess the bullet just barely grazed me. :)

Strangely I have the same thing (And by the grace of God I'm still on W7).

It began happening to me when I installed gplshift.

TTFN
John.

#45 summerski

summerski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 12:38 PM

Oddly I installed the Digital Display Modifier and it worked but my frame rates went from a solid 60fps to 28fps. Needless to say, I'm back to just the pit board and enjoying GPL in its natural state. Only bummer is I can't monitor my fuel.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links