guiporsche

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Football, Old school and present racing, History
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 25 2016 - 01:17 PM

Just to confirm the previous reports: I installed the Win 10 Anniversary update last Sunday and since then Gpl (1.2.0.2) is very buggy. WIth the Open GL plugin the 3rd view camera makes the game very laggy; while with the D3D plugin it runs ok, but freezes from time to time on the FPS-hungrier tracks (like Spa67), enough to make me lose control of the car. And once hitting the escape button to return to garage, often makes GPL ctd.
Unfortunately, switching off Pribluda did not cure the fps issues: bloody Microsoft :(

#17 roberto teso

roberto teso

Unknown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:dark energy
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 26 2016 - 05:20 AM

Unfortunately I have to confirm what was written by guiporsche, Prlibuda no longer works after the anniversary update.
Not having the steering wheel connected to the PC I had not tried to drive and the appearance of the panels, at least in D3DV2, had deceived me unnecessarily, these do not work, they appear but no data is show.
I tried to revert to older drivers and, finally, to upgrade to the latest version without any results, the only thing I noticed, when I press Esc to exit the cockpit mirrors are updated, obviously the last frame.
For the rest I do not crash problems or slowdowns, indeed, in D3D has suddenly improved performance and now are the same of OGL, but image quality, IMHO, in OGL is even better.
As far as I know, the problem should be due to the video card drivers, Nvidia, what I have, has made available a specific drivers update to the latest Windows 10 update also to VERY old cards, like my GTX280, others, Intel first, no, and the basic driver Microsoft does NOT work with almost anything belonging OS (search on Google for Windows 10 OpenGL problems).
I have no idea if with newer cards the problem is identical, to protect my beloved GPL, I have a second license for Windows 7 Pro that I don't upgrade to Win 10, soon I will build me a new PC with current hw, if still have any Pribluda problems will install my Win 7 license in a dedicated SSD devoted only to GPL.

I apologize if my statements have deceived someone.

P.S. I don't think that only M$ had to be blamed, even hardware producers that DON'T upgrade their drivers are the same, but this is to became normal, same with Android, Google continue to upgrade OS, but hardware manufacturers do not even products less than 3 year on market...

#18 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,574 posts
  • Interests:racing :)

Posted Aug 26 2016 - 06:02 AM

I have updated my Win 10 with the latest updates (so I guess the anniversary update is installed) and GPL and Pribluda work like before.
I use an nVidia GTX 970 card with the latest nVidia drivers available running GPL in open GL v2.

EDIT: Back then it must have been a different update, because now Pribluda is not working anymore. :(

roberto teso, you could be right, that it is related to older graphics cards.
It would be interesting to know which graphics card GrandPrixYannick and summerski are using.

Edited by Stefan Roess, Oct 12 2016 - 03:46 AM.

#19 summerski

summerski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted Aug 26 2016 - 07:59 AM

I've not been able to compete in an on-line 60fps race since brr released the patch.  It ran so choppy, I had to hang up my wheel and I've not turned on GPL in several years.  Oddly enough, with the new Win 10, I get 60fps will a full field but no prib. I'm getting used to just the pit board but certainly miss the spit times for training. I can live without it.  I'm super stoked to be back and look forward to racing on-line again.

Quick question, I've not upgraded to V3.1 yet. Is this necessary?

Thanks.

Will

**Using older nVidia card and Open GL V2.

#20 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

The Virtual Maldonado

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • Interests:GPL.

Posted Aug 26 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Aug 26 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

It would be interesting to know which graphics card GrandPrixYannick are using.
My graphics card is a NVidia GeForce GT 610. Don't think it is a relatively new graphics card.

#21 guiporsche

guiporsche

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Aug 26 2016 - 12:11 PM

Mine is a Intel HD4400. I have a HP laptop, X360 with a 1.9 intel i3 processor and 4gb ram. The Intel HD is updated with the latest drivers available, and I never had any graphics troubles with GPL before, quite the contrary in fact.
Problem is, after taking a look at the Intel website, that they seem to have stopped making drivers for the HD4**** series for several months now.

#22 Billy Nobrakes

Billy Nobrakes

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Aug 29 2016 - 04:54 PM

Having similar problems - screen half grey, No Pribluda, no mirrors. Have tried a few combinations of Rasterisers & screen resolutions. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT610. About 3 years old.

#23 guiporsche

guiporsche

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Sep 01 2016 - 07:05 AM

Small update on the GPL/Pribluda/Win10 saga: Win10 installed a few smaller updates during the last week (four I think), probably they were just fixes: there's no more lags now, and the Open GL plugin works perfectly as before. However, Pribluda is still a no go.

So my advice for anyone with similar problems is to install whatever update Microsoft throws at you.... and hope for the best!

#24 Billy Nobrakes

Billy Nobrakes

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 11:47 AM

I have spend a good deal of time trying to restore Prib - without any luck. The half grey screen has gone & the mirrors are now functioning with Open GL2 - but I couldn't tell you how that happened. Maybe updating the sound card driver?
I think the problem is that my PC will not run the "PATCH.COM" app which is intended to install / run Prib. I just get an error message "This app can't run on your PC - contact your software supplier"

I am having to get used to driving with just the PitBoard which is rather strange as I have always relied on Prib since I started GPL.

Edited by Billy Nobrakes, Sep 02 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#25 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 03:10 PM

Can you apply compatibility mode to .com files? Might be worth a try if you haven't thought of it already

#26 Billy Nobrakes

Billy Nobrakes

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Sep 03 2016 - 03:56 PM

No - .com files don't seem to have a "Compatibility" option.

#27 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside

Posted Sep 06 2016 - 03:58 AM

Pribluda works fine here on Win10 Anniversary Update

on another note, is it possible to change what info are displayed in the "dash" section? I care only for the gear indicator. And is it possible to move it?

#28 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,576 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Sep 06 2016 - 04:30 AM

I use DD Modifier for the dash, much better IMHO and fully customizable.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ddm.jpg   50.02K   53 downloads

#29 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside

Posted Sep 06 2016 - 04:51 AM

The problem with that is that it gives me too a lot of info I don't need.. Or is there some way to disable those?

#30 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,576 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Sep 06 2016 - 09:02 AM

Ah I see.
You can make the text of the non interesting stuff the smallest, while keep big what you want to see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links