• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 07 2018 - 02:55 AM

Hi there,

Can someone please help me??

I've had GPL installed and running well on my Windows 10, Nvidia GTX1060 laptop for just over 6 months now. I've only ever been able to use the the Direct3DV2 rasteriser as the others all seem to cause varying problems. Direct3DV2 has always worked fine so I've never really worried about it. Anyway, a few weeks ago another game required me to update the Nvidia driver. And you can probably guess what happened...

Now, I can launch GPL and navigate through the menus fine but it crashes to desktop (via a smaller window) if I try to launch a race or practice. I've tried reverting to older Nvidia driver versions downloaded off the internet but it doesn't make a difference. There may be some settings graphics settings I could try and adjust but I'm really not sure where to start. (Note that I did check that Triple Buffering was turned off in the Nvidia 3D settings as advised in other forums).

Alternatively if I try using the OpenGLV2 rasteriser I can get into races etc fine and drive without a problem with no graphics issues. However, a few of the buttons in the menu screens won't respond. Namely:

1."Calibrate Joystick(s)" button and the "Joystick Driver" options on the controls menu screen
2. when entering a race event and the following message appears "Restore the saved race weekend for the current event?", only "Yes" can be selected
3. When exiting a race event and the following message appears "Save the completed practice results?", only "Yes" can be selected
4. Within the event screen, none of the replay buttons work so I can't view replays, nor can I change from the default to look at other drivers or views

Issues 1 to 3 can be worked around without too much fuss but issue 4 stops me from recording any laps which I normally like to do to later compare via GPL Replay Analyser.

I'm really hoping that someone out there can suggest a fix that will get at least one of the Rasterisers working correctly?? Note that I have Nigel's Rasterisers V2.5 installed although I'm not sure if there are any core.ini settings that I should be adjusting.

All help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

#2 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jun 07 2018 - 04:39 AM

It may be a win 10 issue with its latest release.
Please read through THIS from post #20 and see if you can have back D3Dv2 as other did. :)

#3 davidj_taylor

davidj_taylor

DTaylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jun 07 2018 - 05:13 AM

Yes. That's sorted it thank you. It must have been a Windows 10 issue after all. I've turned all of the focus assist rule sliders to off in the settings and GPL is back to normal with Direct3DV2.

Interestingly I'd actually just got OpenGLV2 working before I saw your post also. The menu button issue seemed to fix itself when I accidentally put the laptop into sleep mode whilst GPL was running...

If I now create a system restore point will this safeguard against any random updates that may occur with Windows / drivers in the future?

Anyway, thanks again :)

#4 roberto teso

roberto teso

Subtitled

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Shoestrings theory

Posted Jun 07 2018 - 06:22 AM

Yes, having a restore point permit you to roll back but don't eliminate risk of a future unsafe update.
You can follow that guides on how to geek to solve / prevent future hw updates:

How to Stop Windows 10 From Automatically Updating Hardware Drivers

How to Prevent Windows from Automatically Updating Specific Drivers

How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 10

#5 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Jun 07 2018 - 12:48 PM

I recomment to use this https://www.oo-softw...com/en/shutup10 tool, easy for everybody ;)

#6 roberto teso

roberto teso

Subtitled

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Shoestrings theory

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 12:34 AM

View PostCookie, on Jun 07 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

I recomment to use this https://www.oo-softw...com/en/shutup10 tool, easy for everybody ;)

Yes, that's easier, for sure.

But I don't like programs that put their hands in my pockets, like Window 10 itself.
I prefer to understand how it works and do with my hands…

#7 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,869 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 02:09 AM

I can also recommend O&O ShutUp10.
It`s great. I use it for quite some time now.

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jun 08 2018 - 02:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links