5 replies to this topic

#1 ramfeild66

ramfeild66

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 10:08 AM

So, recently I dusted off the Redline GTP mod to get a bit of a road course kick. I noticed over at RustyFX a couple of my favourite GPL tracks had been converted for NR2003. Dundrod, a Northern Irish 7-mile long roadie that I had been aware was available and Bikernieki, a track based in Latvia (formerly the Soviet Republic) that was probably my all time favourite GPL tracks.

I loaded both tracks into my GTP and standard NR2003 installations, but found neither track would load on either platform (I made sure I had the relevant GTP files in the track folders). A few things I tried was renaming the Dundrod folder to simply Dundrod (it had a few spaces in the original folder name). I reformatted the Starting grid and Stalls lines in the track ini because they lacked the third set of figures (I just put in 0.00 as it's something to do with the offset the cars have in the pit lane and not essentially neccesary on a straight pit lane) and there was spaces all through the .ini. Regardless, it wouldn't load (it does have DAT and CAM files). I noticed it was lacking a Flaggers file, but a lot of my tracks lack that so I don't think that's the issue.

Which brings me to Bikernieki. The folder contains a direct link to sandbox that works!!! You can open the track up, but the one thing the folder requires is a DAT file. I have no idea how to create a DAT, and my copy of WinMip2 doesn't work either (and I can't get it working, it's missing some file and an exe that I downloaded and still wouldn't work). I'm hoping that is all that's missing, everything else seems fine in the track folder.

If anybody is willing to give me a hand or take a look at these tracks there downloads are available on this page. It's all alphabetically ordered.
Road Courses

#2 fortine_oo

fortine_oo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 03:21 PM

Dundrod needs to be in a track folder named "Dundrod".

Bikernieki-l needs the gtp fast setups. [It loads in a non-gtp install.]

#3 ramfeild66

ramfeild66

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 06:43 PM

View Postfortine_oo, on May 21 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Is that the Bikernieki copy from RustyFX? If not, mine isn't working.

#4 fortine_oo

fortine_oo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 09:34 PM

View Postramfeild66, on May 21 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

View Postfortine_oo, on May 21 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Is that the Bikernieki copy from RustyFX? If not, mine isn't working.

I used the track versions downloaded from your link, only changing/adding what I posted.:shrug:

#5 ramfeild66

ramfeild66

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 03:41 AM

Got it working :) Dundrod's a blast, shame about Bikernieki being such a sparce alpha.

#6 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted May 29 2012 - 04:46 AM

View Postramfeild66, on May 29 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

Got it working :) Dundrod's a blast, shame about Bikernieki being such a sparce alpha.
XXX

Edited by svenvangent, May 29 2012 - 04:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links