#1 SB40

SB40

Graham Hill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 04 2011 - 09:02 AM

I am having a strange issue with the NR2003 GTP Mod.  For some reason the game is crashing when I use the Toyota.  Sometimes it crashes on the first lap of a race and sometimes I can drive several laps before it crashes.  When it crashes the sound hangs and it goes to desktop.  I have to reboot to get the sound back to normal.  I have been using Papyrus sims since the beginning and the way it crashes makes me think I'm having some kind of sound issue with the Toyota.  I don't have any issues with the Sauber, Jaguar, or Mazda...just the Toyota.  I swapped the Toyota sound files with the Sauber on the chance that one of the sound files had become corrupted but the problem is still there.  3D sound is off.

Its strange the problem is exclusive to the Toyota.  I've done a search on google and can't find anyone with a similar problem...any ideas?  :idunno:

Thanks,

SB40

#2 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Sep 05 2011 - 07:35 AM

Sorry, no certain ideas really, but assume as you have been around awhile you have a sound card. I have noticed in the past that sometimes when reducing Windows/game sound and grahpic options it can make things worse rather than better.
What about added car skins?
Hopefully a real expert will be able to help. Good luck.

#3 SB40

SB40

Graham Hill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted Sep 05 2011 - 09:58 AM

View PostJohn Woods, on Sep 05 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

Sorry, no certain ideas really, but assume as you have been around awhile you have a sound card. I have noticed in the past that sometimes when reducing Windows/game sound and grahpic options it can make things worse rather than better.
What about added car skins?
Hopefully a real expert will be able to help. Good luck.

Thanks John...I did some more investigating and discovered what is causing the problem.  When I hit the limiter in the Toyota and Mazda it causes the sim to crash.  I can run a whole lap against the limiter in the Sauber and Jaguar and it works fine...its just the Toyota and the Mazda.  I tried turning player engine volume to 0 but it still crashes when it hits the limiter.  I thought maybe the warning light was causing it but when I removed all the wintoyo files from the sound folder it doesn't crash so it must be sound related.  I turned hardware acceleration and sample quality all the way to the left and no change.  The issue is happening in both v1.0 and v1.1 installs.  Swapping sound files with the Sauber didn't help either.  I'm using an ASUS Xonar soundcard with XP and have never had issues before...even GPL sounds great.  :lol:

I will keep digging and see if I can find a solution...

#4 SB40

SB40

Graham Hill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted Sep 05 2011 - 02:09 PM

I disabled the Xonar DS and enabled the onboard sound and the problem went away so its definitely an issue with the Xonar.  Guess I will try some different drivers and see if I can't make this go away...

#5 BrunoB

BrunoB

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:GTP, GTP and iRacing
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Sep 06 2011 - 07:38 AM

This is a pretty strange problem. 1st time I hear it.
My first advice was that you should try running the mod with sound unticled in the GTP sound menu.
But you have narrowed the prob much better yourself.
My second advice was that because the crash happened when you reached the limiter it could be because only the soundfile(s ?) that is activated on max rpm was damaged.
But you have allready swapped the Toy soundfiles with the Sau..
After your latest posts Im not sure anymore.
Irritating issue:-(

#6 SB40

SB40

Graham Hill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted Sep 06 2011 - 05:53 PM

View PostBrunoB, on Sep 06 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

This is a pretty strange problem. 1st time I hear it.
My first advice was that you should try running the mod with sound unticled in the GTP sound menu.
But you have narrowed the prob much better yourself.
My second advice was that because the crash happened when you reached the limiter it could be because only the soundfile(s ?) that is activated on max rpm was damaged.
But you have allready swapped the Toy soundfiles with the Sau..
After your latest posts Im not sure anymore.
Irritating issue:-(

I tried a bunch of things today but no luck so I will just have to use the onboard sound (with its crackles and pops) or use the Xonar and just make sure I don't hit the rev limiter.  Or I can just use the Sauber and Jaguar since I don't have an issue with them...

Yes...very irritating issue and even more so since I couldn't fix it.  Strange that swapping sounds with a car I don't have an issue with didn't fix it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links